2011-2012 NCAA Football Uniform Thread

Lights Out

The "COWBOYS" wordmark seems to be on all the jerseys. When the news first broke out that OSU was changing, there were a couple pictures of "O STATE" on the jersey. They must have realized it was stupid and changed it.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

my prediction is that this will be the most confusing season ever for college football fans to identify teams now that everyone and their mother is doing the 2+ helmet and 3 jersey/pant combos...a handful of oregons are fine but this is getting ridiculous

Two helmets and three jerseys/pants is not the same as four helmets/jerseys/pants. It's not even close.

going from 2-4 is a 100% increase whilst from 3-4 is a 33% increase..."close" is a relative measure

oklahoma_states_postmodern_makeover_is_black_and_gray_and_orange_all_over.jpg

One-1_Page_1.png

Not liking the grey at all, & the matte finish (which I'm normally a fan of) makes it worse. If you're gonna wear a color like grey, at least make it metallic. Matte grey just looks ugly.

Other than that, the rest of the look isn't bad. The White-Orange-White look will look very nice on the field, as will the white-white-orange. The all-black uniform is pretty good, definitely an upgrade over their last sad-sack of an attempt at a black uniform.

One-1_Page_1.png

Here's the orange jersey. I suspect they don't have NOB because these aren't the players modeling them. They'll probably have the players' names on the real thing.

If you look at the back of the black jerseys you'll see a nameplate

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Three_Page_1.png

Two_Page_2.png

Two_Page_1.png

One-1_Page_2.png

Three_Page_2.png

One-1_Page_1.png

What none of these pictures show y'all is just how BRIGHT that orange is--or may be. I'm not even talking about Boise State traffic-cone orange...I'm talking about ultra-radioactive, super-ultraviolet-sunlight-reflected-off-a-highway-construction-sign-back-off-in-your-face-at-three-o'clock-in-the-afternoon "hot DAMN THEM THANGS BRIGHT--you can see that s*** from PLUTO!!!!111234" orange. (Okay, that mighta been a bit of an exxageration, but...still.) I was in Oklahoma earlier this week, and they had a lot of Oklahoma State paraphernalia for sale in several of the stops along the way. And, um, lemme tell you, there's something to be said when you walk into a truck stop looking for a new atlas and the first thing you see, way on the back wall, is a super-bright orange t-shirt. One stop in particular, up near Tulsa, also had jerseys for sale...the best way I can think to describe them was "neon creamsicle".

For the sake of retinas throughout Stillwater and across all of the United States, I hope the actual orange on those uniforms isn't anything close to what I saw in person on those shelves, or else everybody in this country is going to need LASIK after it's all said and done.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Oklahoma State:

Three_Page_1.png

Two_Page_2.png

Two_Page_1.png

One-1_Page_2.png

Three_Page_2.png

Ok, call me crazy, but I really like the Grey, Grey Orange. Not a fan of the monochrome grey though. If they did Grey, Black, Orange that would be interesting.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Oklahoma State:

Three_Page_1.png

Two_Page_2.png

Two_Page_1.png

One-1_Page_2.png

Three_Page_2.png

Ok, call me crazy, but I really like the Grey, Grey Orange. Not a fan of the monochrome grey though. If they did Grey, Black, Orange that would be interesting.

I agree, but really the orange pants look good with all of the jerseys mainly because 3 have orange numbers and all of the helmets have the OSU logo in orange.

Overall these are pretty sick uniforms. Just as good as what Nike came up with for WSU and a lot better than ASU's. I think the only thing that could make them better is the "Cowboys" wordmark in a more modern font to match the logo, and maybe do the same with the numbers?

GFGS

Actually, I think the grey was put their to set them more apart from the other OSU who is also grey and black. That, and schools aren't putting out grey alternate all the time. This is really ridiculous that already people are calling GSGS because 3 school now have grey helmets, one of which is carbon, not really grey. What about Throwback for Throwback's sake? How come no one has coined that term?

Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

GFGS

Actually, I think the grey was put their to set them more apart from the other OSU who is also grey and black. That, and schools aren't putting out grey alternate all the time. This is really ridiculous that already people are calling GSGS because 3 school now have grey helmets, one of which is carbon, not really grey. What about Throwback for Throwback's sake? How come no one has coined that term?

The MLB has a lot of GFGS...

GFGS

you're not kidding. grey overload in baseball

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

GFGS

Dude, this has already been discussed. The MLB teams have been wearing gray for a long time now.

Dude, this has already been discussed. The MLB teams have been wearing gray for a long time now.

I'm pretty sure he was joking.

GFGS

So if OSU wears gray for a long time then it becomes okay?

Archived