2011-2012 NCAA Football Uniform Thread

Lights Out

I've heard that Nike is supposed to have the official unveiling of the new uniforms tomorrow, so we could be seeing some better pictures soon.

They wanted to establish a new football identity with the rise of the football program and the plethora of state-of-the-art athletic facilities being erected in Stillwater. This is the bold direction they chose and I personally like it. They don't have the tradition of a team like OU, so they can afford to mix it up without losing their identity. The old alumni base hasn't liked anything but orange, and this was particularly noticed when the team wore their black uniforms the last 2 years. Therefore, it was nice to see the orange numbers on all of the other jerseys in order to keep a certain level of the color on all of the uniforms. The "Phantom Pete" logo on the hip has always been hated by almost all of the older alumni. I will say however that the reaction from the alumni has been better than I expected.

I think several of the combinations look great. Admittedly, a few of them won't look as sharp. I feel they look a little awkward with the "athletes" that are posing with the uniforms. They will look better when the team is wearing them and can actually fill out those uniforms. Most uniforms look better on the field anyway.

but again, the addition of gray into the uniform set also allows them to separate themselves from the other OSU; Oregon State. Could you imagine a match-up of Oklahoma State vs Oregon State? OSU vs OSU? Orange/Black vs Orange/Black?

Keep in mind that OSU Silver is considered a school color.

http://www.okstate.edu/osu_orgs/ice/logos.pdf

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

but again, the addition of gray into the uniform set also allows them to separate themselves from the other OSU; Oregon State. Could you imagine a match-up of Oklahoma State vs Oregon State? OSU vs OSU? Orange/Black vs Orange/Black?

Especially since that matchup could be happening on a semi-regular basis within a decade or so.

Especially since that matchup could be happening on a semi-regular basis within a decade or so.

It separates them brand wise. You know about this. A team needs a strong identity. Your entire argument in the alternate uniform NFL thread was that teams need a strong identity so they shouldn't wear things out side of their normal colors. But would about when your schools initials are the same, you have the same colors, approximately the same fan base, and have similar relevancy? You have to separate yourself some how.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

It separates them brand wise. You know about this. A team needs a strong identity. Your entire argument in the alternate uniform NFL thread was that teams need a strong identity so they shouldn't wear things out side of their normal colors. But would about when your schools initials are the same, you have the same colors, approximately the same fan base, and have similar relevancy? You have to separate yourself some how.

Oregon State and Oklahoma State is a non-issue anyway. Oregon State wears black helmets and black jerseys as their standard home combination. Oklahoma State's is a white helmet with an orange jersey.

Furthermore, I don't see Oregon State doing the crazy one million combinations thing. The last thing they want to do is be seen as imitating their rival.

Oregon State and Oklahoma State is a non-issue anyway. Oregon State wears black helmets and black jerseys as their standard home combination. Oklahoma State's is a white helmet with an orange jersey.

Furthermore, I don't see Oregon State doing the crazy one million combinations thing. The last thing they want to do is be seen as imitating their rival.

I don't know man, i just like the grey. They're the Cowboys, and it feels like the grey is sort of gun smoke. I think it's a nice touch.

Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

As that OkSt fan just said, gray is a school color. Any GFGS argument is invalid. As well as BFBS arguments.

That may be so, but just because it's a school color doesn't automatically mean it looks good. Does anyone honestly think that Maryland's new yellow jerseys and pants look good?

As that OkSt fan just said, gray is a school color. Any GFGS argument is invalid. As well as BFBS arguments.

That may be so, but just because it's a school color doesn't automatically mean it looks good. Does anyone honestly think that Maryland's new yellow jerseys and pants look good?

To some people, yes. To me? No. Like I said, I like the whole smoke idea behind this (or at least I think that's what's behind it). I like what Nike did here. And honestly, the only combo i felt that was really bad was White, Grey, White. I think Ok State has some of the best uniform in College Football now.

*exchanges uneasy looks with everyone, as if to say "hmm well he's got us there"*

90758391980.gif

GFGS

Actually, I think the grey was put their to set them more apart from the other OSU who is also grey and black. That, and schools aren't putting out grey alternate all the time. This is really ridiculous that already people are calling GSGS because 3 school now have grey helmets, one of which is carbon, not really grey. What about Throwback for Throwback's sake? How come no one has coined that term?

The MLB has a lot of GFGS...

Yep and baseball should add more color....bring back the Dale Murphy Blues:

bpmurphyd.jpg

spacer.png

No, your not. He has the longhorn logo on the inside of the wrist

Don't think that's the Texas logo. Looks a lot like it...but the ears of the steer are off. One's a different shape than the other, which doesn't happen in the Texas logo.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I don't know what that is, but I don't think it's the Longhorn. Texas' logo is symmetrical and what you guys think are the ears are not identical.

Washington State doesn't count, as gray is one of their school colors and gray helmets have been their standard helmets since the 1970s. Really, the only school guilty of GFGS is Oregon.

Archived