2011-2012 NCAA Football Uniform Thread

Lights Out

OMG a team that has the same logos as UNC, same colors, same abbreviation on the score bug, plays at the same stadium, has the same field, and has the same players is playing and I have no idea who they are because they are wearing a white helmet!!! UNC wears a carolina blue helmet!!!

exactly

camnewton2.jpg

Auburn University Alum

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NFL,MLB,NHL,NBA Discount Sports jerseys

Only $18.99/pc up

20 pcs or more free shipping now!

Customized jerseys for NFL,MLB,NHL,NBA

Also you can find Nike Air Jordan and MBT shoes here!

Why not have a look

Special promotion for Dirk Nowitzki jersey (only $9.99 per pc)

www.bbeststore.com

I have no life.

FYP.

Ignore the spambots.

I know, I've just always wanted to do that.

667 posts! I'm now satan!!

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Of course, you could simply look at the score graphic and deduce which teams are playing.

You're a madman

However, I will say that there is something to be said for teams that essentially wear the same thing every game. LSU, Ohio State, Michigan, etc. are instantly recognizable. I actually wouldn't mind if the NCAA mandated each team have only a single helmet and only three jerseys like the NFL. Though there is also something to be said for NCAA football uniform world being the wild west.

So, dark gray is Nike's "thing" this year, I take it.

Really, just not a good look from start to finish. I don't get what the notch in the striping is supposed to be, the way it's truncated on the pants looks bad, and just so much gray on a school that doesn't wear it outside of road baseball games.

And while I'm sure it won't look that way on the field, the stitch job on the pants patch does less to create a sense of depth through shadowing, and more to suggest this is a low-rent manufacturer who can't sew things all the way onto uniforms. Not a sharp concept.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Oklahoma State:

Three_Page_1.png

Two_Page_2.png

Two_Page_1.png

One-1_Page_2.png

Three_Page_2.png

oklahoma_states_postmodern_makeover_is_black_and_gray_and_orange_all_over.jpg

so, they're just using the Pro Combat template here and this isnt part of a series like VTech, Ohio State, Alabama and such last year right???

i like the stripes on the pants, it reminds me of the "spurs" on old wood-cut typography. basically anything "western" looking. the problem is OSU dosnt use any of those kinds of fonts. theres really no "cowboy" or "old west" in their typography at all

i really like their grey and orange look. the whole thing fits with their graphic identity pretty well, but i definitely would have gone with an italicized or 'skewed' number font. that would merge very wel with the helmet logo. overall it just looks rushed. the good thing is they'll change it and maybe the logos too in 5 years or so

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Oklahoma State:

Three_Page_1.png

Two_Page_2.png

Two_Page_1.png

One-1_Page_2.png

Three_Page_2.png

oklahoma_states_postmodern_makeover_is_black_and_gray_and_orange_all_over.jpg

Really? No orange jersey but instead a grey one? How many teams have to try grey jerseys before they understand they will NEVER look good. Always simply seem dirty, unwashed.

I believe there is an orange jersey, I just haven't seen it pictured yet.

I like how that gray color Nike is using looks, but it doesn't go well at all with the rest of Oklahoma State's color scheme. The gray jersey with orange pants is by far the worst look there. I think this would have been a pretty sharp look if they stuck with orange, black, and white.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

my prediction is that this will be the most confusing season ever for college football fans to identify teams now that everyone and their mother is doing the 2+ helmet and 3 jersey/pant combos...a handful of oregons are fine but this is getting ridiculous

Two helmets and three jerseys/pants is not the same as four helmets/jerseys/pants. It's not even close.

College football is getting to be like the razor industry. Somebody came out with four blades? We better have five!

Soon, Oregon is going to have a different colored jersey for every game of the season.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

Like Oregon, the Pokes will have a really rally nice looking template, but it all will get ruined with color design.

How did Okie State fall into Nike's pit and decide to add grey????? If these uniforms were exclusively school colors they would look fantastic.

my prediction is that this will be the most confusing season ever for college football fans to identify teams now that everyone and their mother is doing the 2+ helmet and 3 jersey/pant combos...a handful of oregons are fine but this is getting ridiculous

Two helmets and three jerseys/pants is not the same as four helmets/jerseys/pants. It's not even close.

College football is getting to be like the razor industry. Somebody came out with four blades? We better have five!

Soon, Oregon is going to have a different colored jersey for every game of the season.

Well, if they do a grey uniform for pro combat this year, which is very possible, they will have 5 different colored jerseys. I have no idea what other colors they could bring in (volt yellow?). They already have a different uniform for every game, so I think they'll just keep on designing new uniforms.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

One-1_Page_1.png

Here's the orange jersey. I suspect they don't have NOB because these aren't the players modeling them. They'll probably have the players' names on the real thing.

hard to see on the others but thats a very creative and well done stripe solution. its not trying to be something its not (because of the "sleeveless jerseys") and the application looks great. ive said before that stripes should be more like a graphic elements rather than forcing the design around a "sleeve" of a modern jersey. thats what we have here

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

I'm pretty sure they're already have. I think what Oregon is shooting for is a different jersey for every quarter.

Archived