2011-2012 NCAA Football Uniform Thread

Lights Out

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Notre Dame and...?

Probably Michigan or Iowa. I think Ohio State might be seen as too gauche, but for some reason those two teams seem to be, well, somewhat popular.

I was actually thinking of Mizzou down in the Metro East area.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The Indiana Sooners will have new uniforms in 2011.

If you like Oklahoma, you'll like Indiana.

They are OU ripoffs.

Here they are:

ncf_indianauni_200.jpg

Looks like a basketball jersey. And it shouldn't.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Indiana has always moved away from these then come back to them. So it's not like this is the first time they are wearing something similar. The should have stuck with the cleaned up Colts jersey adidas had released earlier this year

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

According to the Washington Post, Randy Edsall says Maryland will unveil their new uni's in late August. Maybe August 22nd. Also, the uniforms will have no names on the back.

Link

No NOB? I'm going to be honest, when I read "I'm a name on the front kind of guy." at first I thought they were going to have their names on the front and got scared a little. Still, interesting for Edsall to say that after he's ridden his star running backs in order to win games.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

As I mentioned in the thread regarding the new University of Maryland uniforms, NC State is going to start emphasize the branding of "State" for all it's athletic teams. This is a major plus for basketball, as both of our national title teams wore uniforms solely stating "State", but also has many fans excited as colloquially within NC, and throughout much of the ACC footprint, the school is called "State" as opposed to "NC State" or "NCSU."

Regardless, today the Twitter account for the football team gave a simple sneak peek to the uniform, further proving the move to "State" on athletic uniforms.

Here is the sneak preview image: jtkv3l.jpg

Follow NC State Football on Twitter at twitter.com/packfootball to see the unveiling next week.

screenshot-2017-09-15-18-37-19.png

... and throughout much of the ACC footprint, the school is called "State" as opposed to "NC State" or "NCSU."

Sorry, but I've never heard NCState refered to as "State" outside of NC. Maybe with alums/fans, but not to anybody else.

AU-USU-Scoreboard.gif

No NOB? I'm going to be honest, when I read "I'm a name on the front kind of guy." at first I thought they were going to have their names on the front and got scared a little. Still, interesting for Edsall to say that after he's ridden his star running backs in order to win games.

He's always said that. Even when his running backs sucked.

Wouldn't it be great if EA would make an update(s) starting week 1 of the season that would include all uniform updates?...even if it was an exclusive account that cost like $10 I would do it to have all these late additions and anything new that popped up during the season on the game which is suppose to depict the current season authentically. On another note...I was a little scared when I saw Colorado states unis with the horns everywhere but with more unis coming out with this it actually is pretty sweet, as long as it stays as a small piece of the uniform even though I'm sure next year some small school will have small logos all over their unis and totally screw up this nice tweak to the evolution of the uniform.

the thing is, the aesthetic of the game is so important to it's freshness and authenticity...so if you really think about it, getting the game with the uniforms you want is a motivating feature each year when they release it.

so, if you could get the uniforms and rosters updated it would make the game more continuous and therefore people would not be as motivated to buy the next copy in a year.

Basically, EA falls a little short each year "on purpose" to create grounds for their next game. it's kind of like how all products these days are built to work great, but eventually have flaws, so that you will go out and buy another (like a washer and dryer).

Yea I understand, but it sucks for the simple fact that if they made more of an effort to be authentic to the year for which it portrays more people might actually buy it every year knowing that EA is not going to update the older version after the bcs championship game but that they did such a bad a** job giving us everything available to make the game as authentic as possible for this current year I believe in them caring about the customer that I will buy NCAA 2013. Business is set on selling crappy mediocre products to ensure that everyone will need the next product. Although it might bring in $$ at some point people start to fall off the bus and see through the bs. I don't think adding the authentic uniforms worn by the teams this year would keep anyone from buying next year it might actually bring in more customers who have fallen off the band wagon because the lack of EA showing their determination to be great at rewarding their customers with awesome customer service and constant care throughout the year...I mean really how many people from the development team would it take to throw together a dozen new uniforms from launch date to whenever? Rosters don't need to be in this since we can edit those now ourselves...which they aren't supposed to depict real players anyways yo!:)

Looks like GTech will have some new threads. Roddy Jones & (???) are between the Miami and Duke players.

It looks similar to the 08/09 style, with gold #s?

Image not working, click:

http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg619/scaled.php?tn=0&server=619&filename=9snfm.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

edit:

They do look the same, with an extra white outline on the #s, and the gold shoulder thing seems longer...

Check out the image on http://ramblinwreck.cstv.com/#00

AU-USU-Scoreboard.gif

I think I remember reading that Georgia Tech would be going back to that style. It's pretty awful. They went from the awful unis (similar to the "new" ones), wore a WKU ripoff, and then switched to the terrible uniforms from last year, and now back to the other awfulness. Come on GT, you're better than that.

As bad as Russell is, Tech is essentially their top tier team (I can't think of any other big programs sponsored by them). You'd think they could give them an appropriate, specific design that doesn't look like teamwear from a catalog.

Sadly, until they dump cheap-ass Russell, no, GT is not "better than that".

This was always their best look IMO:

CalvinJohnson.jpg

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Russell is awful. They crap out three or four goofy proprietary templates, and there's your choices. Sure, we can make something custom for your program! We can do these four templates in any color you want!

And that damned custom font. Yes, Russell only has one, and I swear more than half of the Arena League uses it now.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived