2011-2012 NCAA Football Uniform Thread

Lights Out

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Indiana Sooners will have new uniforms in 2011.

If you like Oklahoma, you'll like Indiana.

They are OU ripoffs.

Here they are:

ncf_indianauni_200.jpg

Do the helmets still have the double stripe?

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

The Indiana Sooners will have new uniforms in 2011.

If you like Oklahoma, you'll like Indiana.

They are OU ripoffs.

Here they are:

ncf_indianauni_200.jpg

Do the helmets still have the double stripe?

Nope. They're gonna look exactly like oklahoma, straight down to a white facemask.

However, it does make sense that they're ripping off OU since their new coach used to be the offensive coordinator at OU. So, that might be the method to the madness

Well, the Sooners looked exactly like Oklahoma just a few years ago.

the pictures from the Adidas catalog indicated they would have the double helmet stripe and the double shoulder stripes. so this is very interesting.

Don't the Sooners look like Oklahoma every year? :hockeysmiley:

Looks like Colorado has fixed their differing "gold" problems.

original.jpg

Now THAT... is one class uni. Props CU, love the simplicity of the front. Would love to see their whites?

"Classic" does not mean it gets a free pass for being bad design.

6624288275_95c33d4680_z.jpg

Now THAT... is one class uni. Props CU, love the simplicity of the front. Would love to see their whites?

Here's their mascot wearing the road jersey.

5904800116_b52a32e7ed_o.png

LSU will use Pro Combat Uniforms vs Auburn

Uniform unveiling in September 2011

Hell yes, another year of Pro Combats.

Heres a quote from the article

LSU is one of a handful of schools from across the country selected to sport the 2011 Nike Pro Combat system of dress uniforms for a game this season. Other schools include the United States Military Academy (Army), Boise State, Georgia, Michigan State, United States Naval Academy, Ohio State, Oregon, and Stanford.

LSU will use Pro Combat Uniforms vs Auburn

Uniform unveiling in September 2011

Hell yes, another year of Pro Combats.

From the article:

Other schools include the United States Military Academy (Army), Boise State, Georgia, Michigan State, United States Naval Academy, Ohio State, Oregon, and Stanford.

AND

The uniforms will hit the field on opening day of the 2011-12 college football season and throughout the year during some of fiercest rivalries in college football. Dates include Oregon vs. LSU at Cowboys Stadium (Oregon only; 9/3), Boise State vs. Georgia at the Georgia Dome (9/3), Michigan State vs. Michigan (10/15), LSU vs. Auburn (10/22), Ohio State vs. Wisconsin (10/29), Stanford v. Notre Dame (11/27) and the annual service academy bragging rights matchup between two of the nation's most prestigious football programs - Army vs. Navy (12/10).

The only real surprises there (IMHO) are Ohio State and Oregon, since I would think anyone would want to stay away from anOSU and Oregon already has all the Nike craziness before everyone else does. Maybe their uniform will be the prototype for their next uniform change.

The purist in me really doesn't agree with the USMA and USNA agreeing to Nikefy their annual grudge match, but I do understand there's a bigger purpose here (I think--or at least I hope)...to get more people to tune in (and, by that virtue, allowing Nike to advertise itself even more...as if they really need the extra exposure). Not that fancy uniforms should be needed to watch this game...just the simple fact that it's Army-Navy alone should be enough. That said, maybe-no-so-quietly, Army's been allowing Nike to tweak if not downright freak their on-field visual identity for quite some time, now, so none of this comes as a surprise. I just hope Nike doesn't eff this up too much. The ones Navy had last year were actually kinda nice.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

The purist in me really doesn't agree with the USMA and USNA agreeing to Nikefy their annual grudge match

It wouldn't be the first time.

27d8beabf595956e427c84be31389a54.jpg

Archived