2011-2012 NCAA Football Uniform Thread

Lights Out

The Gamecocks still look horrendous. Just another example of slapping down some awkward striping and calling it "modern."

and how many examples are there in sports where we have to look at stupid boring striping and it's called "classic"????

These new uniforms are sick, especially the pants. I liked the old ones, but these are a lot cleaner and streamlined, without all the piping...

Coming from the person who thinks Akron's current duds are awesome. :grin:

To each their own, but I think SC's new pants design is absolutely terrible. All of the new Under Armor pants look bad...even the traditional stripes, because according to EA renderings they cut off in a half moon shape at the bottom of the leg... it depresses me just thinking about how bad some of these new uniforms will look.

As for Wyoming...that's quite a cluster****. Too much going on there...

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wyoming's color combination is unique, they are the only Division-1 school in the state, plus the Cowboy theme is fantastic. They have a great "brand", it seems like there are no impediments toward a cool uniform design. I'm not crazy about the jersey design and I think the best color combo is the white lid, brown jersey, and white pants. I've gotta try creating something for this one.

Wyoming should just go back to these uniforms from back when they won conference championships:

500px-Wyoming2.jpg

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

Wyoming's color combination is unique, they are the only Division-1 school in the state, plus the Cowboy theme is fantastic. They have a great "brand", it seems like there are no impediments toward a cool uniform design. I'm not crazy about the jersey design and I think the best color combo is the white lid, brown jersey, and white pants. I've gotta try creating something for this one.

Wyoming should just go back to these uniforms from back when they won conference championships:

500px-Wyoming2.jpg

I like the helmet and pants, but the jersey looks a lot like high school.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Brown on brown helmets must go. Now.

Brown helmets were always going to be a hard sell, but it could have actually looked good if properly executed. Wyoming really screwed this one up.

PS: your avatar is awesome.

500px-Wyoming2.jpg

Replace yellow with the tan color they used to use and that would look perfect.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

500px-Wyoming2.jpg

That is a beautiful football uniform.

It appears that Oklahoma State will officially be getting new uniforms this season. They will be unveiled on July 28. They will be going the Oregon route of multiple uniform combinations. I apologize if this has already been posted.

My link

Brown on brown helmets must go. Now.

Brown helmets were always going to be a hard sell, but it could have actually looked good if properly executed. Wyoming really screwed this one up.

PS: your avatar is awesome.

It makes me 20% cooler B)

Anyway, I think if the cowboy was yellow, that would be an epic helmet.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Those pants don't look nearly as bad as what people here have been making them out to be. Yeah, they've got some unnecessary slashes or whatever those are, but they're actually pretty simple pants.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Those pants don't look nearly as bad as what people here have been making them out to be. Yeah, they've got some unnecessary slashes or whatever those are, but they're actually pretty simple pants.

No, they are horrendous. Random slashes of color, about a dozen unnecessary seams, tramp stamp lettering. The only redeeming quality about those is that they are actually in team colors.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I really don't think South Carolina looks that awful. But maybe that's just because they look better than what they were previously using. Kind of like how Arkansas only looks kind of good because of how horrendous their previous set was.

I really don't think South Carolina looks that awful. But maybe that's just because they look better than what they were previously using. Kind of like how Arkansas only looks kind of good because of how horrendous their previous set was.

I wish someone could explain what the hell was wrong with this classic set

p1_mcfadden3.jpg

I wish someone could explain what the hell was wrong with this classic set

p1_mcfadden3.jpg

Nothing... Oklahoma thinks its great :grin:

Archived