2011-2012 NCAA Football Uniform Thread

Lights Out

In my opinion their main problem is the contrast between helmet and jersey--the traditional stripe really clashes with the wavy, modern design. And the white helmet looks awful with monochromed-color jersey and pants. Doesn't look too bad with white jersey or colored jersey / white pants.

I've been crying about that (along with tons of other boosters/fans) for years now, and no one up top seems to care.

This was my proposal:

Sparkle_helmet2.jpg

or if they are REALLY bent on keeping a white helmet, this direction:

Sparkle_helmet3.jpg

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Gamecocks still look horrendous. Just another example of slapping down some awkward striping and calling it "modern."

and how many examples are there in sports where we have to look at stupid boring striping and it's called "classic"????

These new uniforms are sick, especially the pants. I liked the old ones, but these are a lot cleaner and streamlined, without all the piping...

Wyoming got new unis including a brown helmet.

newjerseys.png

Full gallery here

Fans get to vote for the combo for opening day here.

How come the brown uniform is a completely different uniform template from the white and yellow Pro Combat sets?

Then you also have the brown pants, which are different than the white and yellow pants.

I failed to get specific. Apparently they opted to only get new away jerseys and new helmets. The rest is just gear mixed together from last year. I believe it might be a money thing.

Brown on brown helmets must go. Now.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

all brown everything

Attack of the giant turds?

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

How come the brown uniform is a completely different uniform template from the white and yellow Pro Combat sets?

Then you also have the brown pants, which are different than the white and yellow pants.

Plus two different white helmets, and a matte (here we go...) brown helmet with brown logo.

newjerseys.png

Full gallery here

The best ones I see are the white helmet/brown jersey/gold pants and brown helmet/white jersey/brown pants. I also think the white jersey looks great with the gold pants, but that set is not shown with the brown helmet.

All other sets and combos are extraneous.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

newjerseys.png

Full gallery here

The best ones I see are the white helmet/brown jersey/gold pants and brown helmet/white jersey/brown pants. I also think the white jersey looks great with the gold pants, but that set is not shown with the brown helmet.

going for the oregon look on a walmart budget just doesn't work

and how many examples are there in sports where we have to look at stupid boring striping and it's called "classic"????

These new uniforms are sick, especially the pants. I liked the old ones, but these are a lot cleaner and streamlined, without all the piping...

There are four prime examples in SC's conference of classic designs that need no fancy piping - UGA, LSU, Bama and Aub. Haven't seen them change in two decades and they are all pretty stunning designs.

USC has a great color scheme. The all white versions are good but get rid of the maroon and black issues.

newjerseys.png

Full gallery here

going for the oregon look on a walmart budget just doesn't work

Going for the Oregon look on Nike's budget doesn't work either ;)

Of course they should have a brown logo on a brown helmet. *rolls eyes*

Wyoming's color combination is unique, they are the only Division-1 school in the state, plus the Cowboy theme is fantastic. They have a great "brand", it seems like there are no impediments toward a cool uniform design. I'm not crazy about the jersey design and I think the best color combo is the white lid, brown jersey, and white pants. I've gotta try creating something for this one.

On the previous topic, I don't think South Carolina's new jerseys are terrible. Actually the "striping" elements remind me of a rooster tail (appropriate considering the mascot). The problem comes with the garnet on garnet or black on black look. I like the white helmet for SC. They just need to pair it with pants that contrast with the home jersey.

Go Cougs.

Archived