2011-2012 NCAA Football Uniform Thread

Lights Out

Wyoming should just go back to these uniforms from back when they won conference championships:

500px-Wyoming2.jpg

That's a nice looking uniform

Their roadies with brown pants weren't all that bad either .... I don't know about the yellow underarm area tho'

Wyoming-Football-Uniforms-Away-2.jpg

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

6qb9y9.png

White set looks a lot better than the rest for some reason.

Also, I am in agreement with what seems like most of our fanbase in that our helmet needs the stripes to be REMOVED. They make the set look awkward.

That is just an awful, amateurish number font. Reminds me of Texas A&M's change with Adidas.

The SC jersey looks a heck of a lot better on paper. The stripes are way too wide in reality, as are the outlines on the wordmark and numbers. This is simply good planning, poor execution.

Mariners | Sounders FC | Seahawks | Washington State

6qb9y9.png

White set looks a lot better than the rest for some reason.

Also, I am in agreement with what seems like most of our fanbase in that our helmet needs the stripes to be REMOVED. They make the set look awkward.

That is just an awful, amateurish number font. Reminds me of Texas A&M's change with Adidas.

The SC jersey looks a heck of a lot better on paper. The stripes are way too wide in reality, as are the outlines on the wordmark and numbers. This is simply good planning, poor execution.

they all just look uncomfortable in those uniforms.

camnewton2.jpg

Auburn University Alum

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

no the tcu is way diff look at there helmet

Yeah, that was what Nike proposed that they wear but TCU said GTFO.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

After having to deal with the arm loops that Kragthorpe instituted his last season there by dooming any new coach to 1 year of them. Charlie Strong finally has Louisville looking the wat he wants them too:

5897717555_e116ca03c7_o.jpg

and thanks to a couple of freshmen we have actual pictures:

284291_200162076699545_100001172635359_478079_7216578_n_medium.jpg

281279_219946888040573_100000757910862_523663_3734887_n_medium.jpg

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

Some more looks at the new South Carolina jerseys:

newjerseys2011.jpg

1iDw6i.St.168.jpg

Also, article discussing new unis: My link

Someone needs to make this a uniform template asap. I'd love to have that

true. looks like it would be super easy to create.

Under armour seems to love just throwing random patches of color on to their jersey. I don't understand this design, theres no consistency; especially when looking at the stripes on the back of the pants, it looks like the designers said "oh, lets throw some color here, that would be kewl". Maryland and south carolina are both huge misses in my book.

In Under Armour's defense, at least they continue to respect schools' colors unlike a certain other manufacturer...

Look at Maryland's uniforms, for example. Most people don't like them (though I do) but at least they've stuck to Maryland's school colors, crazy as the design may be. Meanwhile Nike both creates crazy designs and likes to :censored: on schools' traditions.

I think we will see something close to that, although I doubt if they'll use the grey and black Pistol Pete head from the Cowboys 4Ever promotion two years back. In fact, on seaoforange.com, the author says that those are his mock-ups. And on the use of black, it is an official school color and I'm glad they are beginning to use it more. When people see our current uniforms with the overuse of white, many people don't even know that orange and black are the only official school colors. But I think we will see something like what is posted above. Many of the football players posted the pictures in the link below on their facebook profiles.

Oklahoma State Uniforms

That "Cowboys 4ever" promotion flopped pretty hard. I thought I had heard differently and that the "evil" Pete would be on the new uniforms but maybe that was just from the mock-ups you referenced. I agree, I have a hard time thinking they'd use that logo based on the elder alumni's reaction of the "evil" Pete, but it seems as though they've moved forward into establishing a new identity for the football team.

The colors used in the school logo are OSU Orange, OSU Light Orange, Black, and notably OSU Silver.

http://www.okstate.edu/osu_orgs/ice/logos.pdf

I'm an OSU alum myself and I personally like the idea of Orange/Black/Silver over the Orange/White/Black look. I feel like the Silver separates us from the other OSU that uses Orange/Black/White; Oregon State. And I never understood the use of White over Black in our football uniforms either when Orange/Black are our school colors and our basketball teams wear their black road uniforms. My only guess was that the heat was an issue for the players. If we are doing the Oregon thing and wearing a different uniform every week, we might see OSU in their typical white helmets early in the season when the heat is still a factor.

I still haven't heard of anything about an official unveiling of the new identity for the football team but this photo was taken at a local store in Stillwater by a member of orangepower.com. It shows consistencies with the other designs that have been shown in this thread. I just thought it was strange that these were at the stores when we haven't gotten any word of an announcement. Maybe we'll get something soon? Football season is coming up pretty fast.

c4c59a2b.jpg

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

It's interesting that on teambuilder the black Tennessee jersey is a tech fit. do you people think that's EA just fooling around, or does anyone (mayhaps TylerBray) have confirmation that the Vols are going to wear black someone this season?

I think EA is just being silly. Because those blacks still have no collar logo, no NOB, and the numbers look cheap.

EA really pissed me off with teambuilder this year. I was hoping for major improvements, but they we too lazy to even change the color of the site. Let me be in charge of it or something. My god.

Untitled.png

In Under Armour's defense, at least they continue to respect schools' colors unlike a certain other manufacturer...

Look at Maryland's uniforms, for example. Most people don't like them (though I do) but at least they've stuck to Maryland's school colors, crazy as the design may be. Meanwhile Nike both creates crazy designs and likes to :censored: on schools' traditions.

Nike creates crazy designs, I'll give you that. But their crazy designs actually look like some level of thought has been put into them, and they always look professionally-done. Under Armor's crazy designs look like somebody gave an 8-year-old 12 cans of Monster and a template and told them to go wild. Random blobs of color everywhere, striping in weird places that don't make sense - UA's designs look like an absolute grab-bag of crap. Maryland's new uniforms are the only good thing to come out of UA in recent memory.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Archived