2011-2012 NCAA Football Uniform Thread

Lights Out

EA HAD the black helmet in but UM told them to take it out I'm guessing.

That makes no sense if they're going to use it IRL.

Anybody know when the Pro Combats are coming out? And if Stanford uses a black helmet I'm going to shoot somebody.

I'm guessing late next month/early September. LSU says they're going to unveil theirs in September.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Indiana Sooners will have new uniforms in 2011.

If you like Oklahoma, you'll like Indiana.

They are OU ripoffs.

Here they are:

ncf_indianauni_200.jpg

Do the helmets still have the double stripe?

Nope. They're gonna look exactly like oklahoma, straight down to a white facemask.

However, it does make sense that they're ripping off OU since their new coach used to be the offensive coordinator at OU. So, that might be the method to the madness

Good thing they don't play Nebraska until 2015.

Did you ever have a hard time watching Nebraska play Oklahoma?

Indiana's uniforms are much more similar to the Sooners than the Huskers' set.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

The Indiana Sooners will have new uniforms in 2011.

If you like Oklahoma, you'll like Indiana.

They are OU ripoffs.

Here they are:

ncf_indianauni_200.jpg

Do the helmets still have the double stripe?

Nope. They're gonna look exactly like oklahoma, straight down to a white facemask.

However, it does make sense that they're ripping off OU since their new coach used to be the offensive coordinator at OU. So, that might be the method to the madness

Good thing they don't play Nebraska until 2015.

Did you ever have a hard time watching Nebraska play Oklahoma?

Indiana's uniforms are much more similar to the Sooners than the Huskers' set.

I was referencing the now abandoned NU-OU rivalry dingaling. And more or less implying that Nebraska would open up a massive case of whoopass on the inevitably overmatched Hoosiers if they did get as keyed up as they do for Oklahoma.

/Not that Nebraska needs the motivation with the shame of being the only Big Ten program past or present to have an all time losing record to Indiana.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

the new umterps football website has a feature photo of a few players, one of them holding the helmet...and it's black.

So EA :censored:ed up. What else is new? :rolleyes:

Maryland is one bullet point on a long list of schools whose uniforms EA has screwed up. They're too busy putting in dreadlocks, cannons and pylon physics to get the schools' details right or (more importantly) get the gameplay right/not put out a glitch-filled game.

To be fair with Maryland, the word is that the helmet design that Maryland's going to reveal in a little while is not what they had originally planned to go with. EA put some photos out that showed a black helmet with a "MARYLAND" wordmark as the decal (there were some Maryland promotional photos that showed a similar design as well), and the design was pretty widely hated by the fanbase. It appears they pulled that design back and opted to come up with a new one, which almost certainly didn't get to EA in time to make it into the game. And given the choice between giving a team a helmet that they've used previously or a helmet that they thought about using but will never actually see the light of day, going with the old helmet seems logical to me.

They're back-The 2011 Nike Pro Combat Teams

Text-From Nike Blog

The list of 2011 Pro Combat uniform teams has been announced (although the uniforms themselves are still a mystery), and there are a lot of familiar faces, as well as a couple of news ones. While the big story regarding the 2011 Pro Combat uniforms will surely be the looks, as each uniform is painstakingly detailed to tell the story of the program wearing it, the most distinct aspects of the gear is actually the performance features built-in. The 2011 Pro Combat tech was debuted in last season?s national championship game by the Oregon Ducks, so read more about what exactly sets those apart here. But I?ll stop beating around the bush. Hit the jump for the full list of teams.

Despite their embarrassement of riches in terms of uniforms already, we will see Oregon Ducks Pro Combat uniforms this season, specifically in their season opener against LSU.

LSU Pro Combat gear will appear as well, however the Tigers will save their for their October 22nd date with Auburn.

A couple more conference rivalries will showcase the gear, with Michigan State wearing Pro Combat against Michigan on October 15th, while Ohio State will don Pro Combat against Wisconsin on October 29th.

The non-conference slate will also be heavy on the special edition Nike gear, with Boise State and Georgia both suiting up in Pro Combat for their opening weekend clash, while Stanford will Pro Combat-ize against Notre Dame on November 27th.

And in a game that often results in rather memorable uniform, both we will see both Army Pro Combat and Navy Pro Combat when the two teams face-off on December 10th.

Stay tuned for more details. I promise to bring you pictures of the uniforms as soon as is humanly possible.

the new umterps football website has a feature photo of a few players, one of them holding the helmet...and it's black.

So EA :censored:ed up. What else is new? :rolleyes:

Maryland is one bullet point on a long list of schools whose uniforms EA has screwed up. They're too busy putting in dreadlocks, cannons and pylon physics to get the schools' details right or (more importantly) get the gameplay right/not put out a glitch-filled game.

To be fair with Maryland, the word is that the helmet design that Maryland's going to reveal in a little while is not what they had originally planned to go with. EA put some photos out that showed a black helmet with a "MARYLAND" wordmark as the decal (there were some Maryland promotional photos that showed a similar design as well), and the design was pretty widely hated by the fanbase. It appears they pulled that design back and opted to come up with a new one, which almost certainly didn't get to EA in time to make it into the game. And given the choice between giving a team a helmet that they've used previously or a helmet that they thought about using but will never actually see the light of day, going with the old helmet seems logical to me.

That's probably the same reason why Arizona's uniforms were screwed up in last year's game since the differences between the real uniform and the game uniform are minor. That doesn't explain, however, why the uniforms are still wrong in this year's game.

They're back-The 2011 Nike Pro Combat Teams

Text-From Nike Blog

The list of 2011 Pro Combat uniform teams has been announced (although the uniforms themselves are still a mystery), and there are a lot of familiar faces, as well as a couple of news ones. While the big story regarding the 2011 Pro Combat uniforms will surely be the looks, as each uniform is painstakingly detailed to tell the story of the program wearing it, the most distinct aspects of the gear is actually the performance features built-in. The 2011 Pro Combat tech was debuted in last season’s national championship game by the Oregon Ducks, so read more about what exactly sets those apart here. But I’ll stop beating around the bush. Hit the jump for the full list of teams.

So am I being to much of a homer to pissed that Illinois didn't make the cut? Cause, it'd be pretty schweet if Nike help out the putrid set we have now. And does Boise REALLY need more? come on. and OSU, what the design for that going to be, tats all over the helmet...

Baylor checks in with new unis... huge upgrade from the Mizzou template they had the last 2 years...

LINK

6722820.jpeg

Also, why the stupid wings on the shoulders. It's the jerseys tacky and their new uniforms are already outdated with them...

"Classic" does not mean it gets a free pass for being bad design.

6624288275_95c33d4680_z.jpg

So am I being to much of a homer to pissed that Illinois didn't make the cut?

Unfortunately, yes, and I'm in the same boat. Arizona and Illinois are both on the list of Nike schools that are highly unlikely to get one of those Pro Combat uniforms anytime soon.

Pro Combat-ize

No, no, absolutely goddamn no.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I know I will be in the minority but I actually like Baylors new unis. Its an improvement from there previous ones, and a decent mix of classic/team color combos but with a moderns twist. I am a fan...

Pro Combat-ize

No, no, absolutely goddamn no.

Mother :censored: ing souljas.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Unfortunately, yes, and I'm in the same boat. Arizona and Illinois are both on the list of Nike schools that are highly unlikely to get one of those Pro Combat uniforms anytime soon.

Maybe your schools should win a conference title, at least one BCS bowl, and become relevant if you want Nike to do something special for them.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Maybe your schools should win a conference title, at least one BCS bowl, and become relevant if you want Nike to do something special for them.

Illinois is arguably only the third most-popular football program in the state, possibly fourth when Northwestern is having one of their winning flukes, and they keep rewarding Ron Zook for the occasional magical .500 conference record. They barely deserve the crap they're wearing now, much less a specialized, team-specific design.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

And Arizona is only memorable for Mike Bibby and now Derrick Williams. Notice that they're both basketball players. Arizona football hasn't been relevant since 1994. If they didn't play in the PAC-12 (aka the Nike conference) they'd be wearing a generic ripoff of either Missouri or the Denver Broncos.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

And Arizona is only memorable for Mike Bibby and now Derrick Williams. Notice that they're both basketball players. Arizona football hasn't been relevant since 1994. If they didn't play in the PAC-12 (aka the Nike conference) they'd be wearing a generic ripoff of either Missouri or the Denver Broncos.

Teddy Bruschi, Chris Mccalister, Gronkowski...obviously not a football powerhouse, but good NFL players right there.

Also Arenas went to Arizona.

Illinois is arguably only the third most-popular football program in the state, possibly fourth when Northwestern is having one of their winning flukes, and they keep rewarding Ron Zook for the occasional magical .500 conference record. They barely deserve the crap they're wearing now, much less a specialized, team-specific design.

Notre Dame and...? Did the Maroons come back or did I miss something? Who else would be ranked ahead of them? Illinois isn't a big college football state to begin with, but yes, Illinois has struggled of late (since the Great Depression) and doesn't really get covered in the media as a Chicago team, so they don't have the biggest fanbase. Northwestern has almost no fanbase to speak of, but the media orgasms whenever they have a winning record and talks about them as the little engine who could. Anyway, I am now confident Illinois is on the path to mediocrity since they hired competant coordinators and told Zook to sit in the corner and look pretty while they run the show. Besides, it probably would have made matters worse to fire Zook before last season because 1) It would given AD Ron Guenther a third chance to have a failed football hire, and 2) Guenther was a year away from retirement anyway, so it was best to let the new AD bring in his own people.

Oh, and I am thrilled Illinois hasn't gotten Pro Combat uniforms. The crap they wear now is terrible, but it's far better than any pro combat trash Nike has thrown out.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Hmmm....interesting. So I heard that Tennessee wasn't going to wear the orange collar on their white jerseys this year like they did for the last 2 or 3 games. But, Sport-Seasons, a sporting goods store located throughout Tennessee, just released white tennessee jerseys with orange collar for pre-order. And their white jerseys with no orange collar are on sale. Hopefully the orange collar is going to be in this year.

ocj.png

Untitled.png

LSU Pro Combat gear will appear as well, however the Tigers will save their for their October 22nd date with Auburn.

Mark me down as being excited that LSU is getting more one-timer unis. I loved the Pro Combats that the Tigers donned in 2009 (even have the jersey). As long as they keep the more traditional look for LSU, I have no problem with a one-and-done uniform every now and again.

gYH2mW9.png

Archived