2011-2012 NCAA Football Uniform Thread

Lights Out

From a quick look, nothing substantial changed. I think there is probably a new stadium and that is it. Still no socks, still can't edit the players' attire/appearance, still four jersey options with two being white, still no manufacturer's logo. I am a little dissapointed.

A little OT, but Teambuilder 12 is a real dud. Thought they'd add a number of custom logo and uniform options, but that's not happening, apparently. It's pretty much the same thing as 11, with updated existing uniforms.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Which only begs this question: does that chickenwire neck mesh or whatever it serve any specific function, or is it just there for decoration?

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Which only begs this question: does that chickenwire neck mesh or whatever it serve any specific function, or is it just there for decoration?

I'm not sure. I know part of the marketing of these uniforms is that shoulder pads won't pop out as much as they did with the original pro combat uniforms. Maybe it has something to do with that.

Well, my school is better than your school at athletics, academics, and number of attractive females, so there!

Hopefully you aren't bandwagoning on said school as hard as you're bandwagoning on the jets.

BURNED!

(and fyi, lights out, Atlanta would be more upset if a penguin at the Georgia Aquarium died than the Thrashers leaving)

It looks pretty similar to the Flywire design used on the shoulder panels of the original Pro Combat uniforms. IIrc that shoulder stitching was marketed as "high-tenacity yarn" which improved "durability", so if I had to guess the collar design is just some bull :censored: like that :P

It looks pretty similar to the Flywire design used on the shoulder panels of the original Pro Combat uniforms. IIrc that shoulder stitching was marketed as "high-tenacity yarn" which improved "durability", so if I had to guess the collar design is just some bull :censored: like that :P

The stitching on the shoulders of pro combat uniforms was so they could get away with using less material there to save weight. The sticthing made it less likely the lighter, thinner material would tear.

Well, my school is better than your school at athletics, academics, and number of attractive females, so there!

Hopefully you aren't bandwagoning on said school as hard as you're bandwagoning on the jets.

BURNED!

(and fyi, lights out, Atlanta would be more upset if a penguin at the Georgia Aquarium died than the Thrashers leaving)

My life hasn't been quite the same since those beluga whales died. :(

(lights out: atlanta, excluding myself and a few others, is over the thrashers departure. your avatar/sig really brings up the question: why would you want to kick the city when it's down? are you even from winnipeg? are you a jets fan? I've never seen you voice support for the jets before, in your sig or otherwise. the avatar is unneccesary. I don't really care who supports the jets and who doesn't, but don't insult my city like that, it's flat-out douchey. especially from a bandwagoner.)

It's meant to be tongue-and-cheek (and a response to BluelandBeliever's continued Thrashers-related outbursts). If you really are that offended by it, I'd be happy to change my avatar/title.

And as for the Jets, I've decided to try to follow hockey this year (mainly because the NBA might have to cancel the season). I figured it'd be cool to root for the brand-new Jets and start out at the same time as the team begins.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

It's meant to be tongue-and-cheek (and a response to BluelandBeliever's continued Thrashers-related outbursts). If you really are that offended by it, I'd be happy to change my avatar/title.

And as for the Jets, I've decided to try to follow hockey this year (mainly because the NBA might have to cancel the season). I figured it'd be cool to root for the brand-new Jets and start out at the same time as the team begins.

Well have fun following the Jets, do whatchu want. I'm just insulted that you'd take a stab at ATL, neither having any connection to either city, nor being a fan of hockey in the first place. I'm not going to tell you to change it because it's not my place to and freedom of speech and all that good stuff, but I just thought I'd make it known that I don't like it, at all. You might get a little harsher response from bluelandbeliever himself. That's my last post on the matter.

Now.. back on topic...

A few things I noticed about the new team builder:

1. Army has an option for an all black helmet.

2. It seems they've kept all of the pro combats throughout the years.

3.Boston College has a gold alt. Also, they removed the shoulder eagle and replaced it with some weird pattern.

4.South Carolina has changed

I would hope they would have Army's black helmet. It looked very sharp against Air Force

110610-Air-Force-Army-Football-800.JPG

That combo makes me with the raiders had a black helmet. It looks sick on Army...

BURNED!

What? One of the penguins died??? :'(

Margaret.png
9JR5Pzv.png

Imo teambuilder has always been halfway done so EA could try to get the people who wanted to create their own teams of their back. and now you can see that in the way they treat teambuilder

I 100% agree. It's also an excuse not to put FCS teams in the game. They need a stadium builder. Madden's was pathetic, but using the mighty power of the internet, there could be some stadiums built. I've thought of maybe a mode where you create your team, start out as a transition independent going into either the MAC, Sunbelt, or WAC (if it still exists by then). You start off with a 15,000 seat stadium, the minimum requirement for FBS membership. As you progress, you gain points to upgrade your facilities, increase fan base (as in the NCAA Basketball games), and renovate your stadium. You could buy certain bleachers, grandstands, and other seating objects that cost more money the more they sit. I think it would be interesting.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

It's interesting that on teambuilder the black Tennessee jersey is a tech fit. do you people think that's EA just fooling around, or does anyone (mayhaps TylerBray) have confirmation that the Vols are going to wear black someone this season?

It's interesting that on teambuilder the black Tennessee jersey is a tech fit. do you people think that's EA just fooling around, or does anyone (mayhaps TylerBray) have confirmation that the Vols are going to wear black someone this season?

They still have the Idaho helmets from 2007 in there. They just don't remove jerseys a lot.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Archived