2011-2012 NCAA Football Uniform Thread

Lights Out

http://thesundevils.cstv.com//allaccess/index.html?media=240332

This video is on the opening of the ASU Athletics website.

From there you can almost infer that the rumored black uniform will be seen, and at the end of the video with the silhouette of the pitchfork that what I said a while back is true. The pitchfork will become the main focus of the athletic branding.

It says April 2011. So, sometime soon here, we'll see a full reveal.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the new numbers and keeping the same Pro Combat unis from last year, TCU look pretty good. They lose the Horned Frog from the helmet but he's now on the pants by himself. They still look pretty good.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

All I know is that those collars better still have that triangle pattern on them. If they don't, the whole thing is a downgrade in my book.

Aaand...upon closer inspection, I really can't tell on the black or purple jersey, but it's at least noticeable on the white one: single-color numbers. (But did they have to go with the Pitt RPC numbers???)

The collars didn't have the triangle pattern last season.

I think the chest and back numbers are outlined, but I could be wrong.

Also, the numbers aren't the same as Pitt's and will be exclusive to TCU.

I definitely prefer these style numbers for TCU-

Tank-Carder-Gear.jpg

Seems like TCU's athletics department is really buying into Nike's latest offerings.

Eh, TCU told nike what it could do with the uniforms it gave them for the Rose Bowl.

I'm not sure why everyone blames these uniforms on Nike. In most cases the school works with Nike to design them.

I think the new numbers and keeping the same Pro Combat unis from last year, TCU look pretty good. They lose the Horned Frog from the helmet but he's now on the pants by himself. They still look pretty good.

The uniforms are not the same pro comabts from last year. The cap sleeves may make it seem so, but they aren't. The differences will become more apparent with better pictures.

Also, the frog was on the pants of the last 2 pro comabt rivalry uniforms.

All I know is that those collars better still have that triangle pattern on them. If they don't, the whole thing is a downgrade in my book.

Aaand...upon closer inspection, I really can't tell on the black or purple jersey, but it's at least noticeable on the white one: single-color numbers. (But did they have to go with the Pitt RPC numbers???)

The collars didn't have the triangle pattern last season.

I think the chest and back numbers are outlined, but I could be wrong.

Also, the numbers aren't the same as Pitt's and will be exclusive to TCU.

Oh...well in that case, downgrade. I mean, I don't mind the uniforms themselves (that is, the contrasting sleeve/no-frog-on-helmet) thing, but the loss of the triangle pattern + hackneyed number font = downgrade to me. Exclusivity in uniform design is one thing; it's quite another for it to actually look, well, good. And those numbers are messing the whole thing up for me.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

while nike can get a bit excessive, i do credit them with some amazing number designs, and this one can be added as well. is it me or are those helmets matte purple?

I'd like to see better shots of the helmet too. I can't tell if it's matte, or heavy duty metallic finish. Also not sure about the thick black stripe...does it taper in the back like PC (or new Mich State) helmet? I think it'd look better without the stripe.

The uniforms themselves are a minor upgrade (IMO) from last year's non-PC set, but overall, a huge upgrade from the shadow-numbered set of ~ 1998-2009. If anything, the new set is modern but not hideous, which is good.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

while nike can get a bit excessive, i do credit them with some amazing number designs, and this one can be added as well. is it me or are those helmets matte purple?

They aren't gloss, but I think they are more like Pitt's PC Rivalry helmets than true matte.

I'd like to see better shots of the helmet too. I can't tell if it's matte, or heavy duty metallic finish. Also not sure about the thick black stripe...does it taper in the back like PC (or new Mich State) helmet? I think it'd look better without the stripe.

The uniforms themselves are a minor upgrade (IMO) from last year's non-PC set, but overall, a huge upgrade from the shadow-numbered set of ~ 1998-2009. If anything, the new set is modern but not hideous, which is good.

FWIW, TCU dropped the screen printed shadow blocked numbers after the 2006 season. Nike requested they use the top of the line unis which led to the move to outline block tackle twill numbers. The trianlge trim remained the same. the frog head on the collar was replaced with an arched TCU and the tcu numbers moved fromt he shoulders to the sleeves and the arched TCU on the sleeves was deleted.

1998-2003(Russell):

a-stilley2-102001.jpg

2004-2006(Nike):

tcu.jpg

2007-2009:

football-tcu.jpg

2010:

2010_wyoming_tcu.jpg

I know others absolutely hate when teams use camoflauge (though I think some websites just hate anything Nike), but I really like these multicam Ohio State helmets. Plus, the proceeds are actually going to good things.

275353188001_870975491001_vs-870952198001.jpg?pubId=275353188001

As an active duty veteran of 14yrs and counting....I'm all for it.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

gdu - thanks for the photos. My memory failed me as I could have sworn the shadow block was on the unis thru 2009...I stand corrected.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Looks like my guess was correct about the white jerseys...single-color numbers. Still not understanding the notched numbers, though. And good gosh...can those collars get any fatter?

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I'm not sure why everyone blames these uniforms on Nike. In most cases the school works with Nike to design them.

It's a cop-out. People love to get on Nike whenever something crazy pops up on the college football landscape, but conveniently forget to point out that most of the classier looking teams in college football are outfitted by Nike. If you're gonna blame anybody for a team looking like crap, blame the school for A-OK'ing the idea...however:

5589247254_53f53e3825_b.jpg

TCUFootball2011helmet.jpg

TCU doesn't look like crap, instead they've got themselves a nice look going on. I'm gonna miss the frog, but I do like the scales that they sublimated into the helmet, & I'm sure the numbers will grow on me. I hoped that they would've gone with a purple version of the jerseys they wore for the Rose Bowl, but these are alright.

Archived