ESPN BracketBusters

north dakota

First things first... Where's the list of teams competing in this year's Event?

Now, for some matchups I would love to see:

-Coastal Carolina (20-2, 11-0 in the Big South) vs. VCU (18-5, 10-1 in the CAA)

-Utah State (20-2, 9-0 in the WAC) vs. Portland (16-6, 4-3 in the WCC)

-Fairfield (16-4, 9-1 in the MAAC) vs. Long Island (16-5, 8-2 in the NEC)

-Wichita State (18-4, 9-2 in the MVC) vs. Buffalo (13-6, 5-2 in the MAC)

-Northern Iowa (16-6, 7-3 in the MVC) vs. Oakland (16-8, 11-0 in the Summit)

-Creighton (14-9, 6-5 in the MVC) vs. Morehead State (15-8, 7-4 in the OVC)

Pretty much every mid-major conference is - with the exception of the MWC if I'm not mistaken.

You might be a little off on that... It's usually the smaller conferences that compete in this event (Although the Missouri Valley and the CAA don't fit that label).

Since you asked:

2011 Bracketbuster Colleges

Thanks, Mindless... Although how Coastal Carolina, who is the Big South's best team, is NOT competing in this event is beyond me. Yet, it is kinda neat to see Seattle U., an Independent, compete in this event.

Since you asked:

Thanks, Mindless... Although how Coastal Carolina, who is the Big South's best team, is NOT competing in this event is beyond me. Yet, it is kinda neat to see Seattle U., an Independent, compete in this event.

Coastal was originally slated to have a game in the BracketBusters, but the Charleston Classic (an ESPN owned and operated tournament) ended up needing another team. Coastal entered the Charleston Classic and had to forgo the BracketBusters because it would've put them over the maximum amount of games.

My interest is obviously in Winthrop - considering RPIs and geographic proximity, I think the most likely opponents are Loyola MD, Davidson, Appalachian State, Georgia State, and Morehead State. We've already played Davidson and Appalachian State in BracketBusters, so my prediction is Winthrop-Morehead State.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Since you asked:

You're welcome Seadragon.

Since you asked:

Coastal was originally slated to have a game in the BracketBusters, but the Charleston Classic (an ESPN owned and operated tournament) ended up needing another team. Coastal entered the Charleston Classic and had to forgo the BracketBusters because it would've put them over the maximum amount of games.

My interest is obviously in Winthrop - considering RPIs and geographic proximity, I think the most likely opponents are Loyola MD, Davidson, Appalachian State, Georgia State, and Morehead State. We've already played Davidson and Appalachian State in BracketBusters, so my prediction is Winthrop-Morehead State.

As for a supporting the local teams and since I live only a few blocks away from George Mason University, I hope the Patriots make the tournament again.

Since you asked:

Thanks for the explanation sc49fan. That makes sense with CCU being in the Charleston Classic.

Now, there are three teams competing here that are involved from my neck of the woods: Creighton, UNI and Drake. I would love to see UNI face Cleveland State... The Vikings are the best team in the Horizon League (Sorry, Butler fans) and UNI is pretty good in the MVC. Why not?

As for Drake, who will be the only one that won't be on TV in my opinion... Well, how about something closer to home in, say, Green Bay. Just a random guess.

To complete the MVC-Horizon series, Creighton should host Detroit.

Since you asked:

Thanks for the explanation sc49fan. That makes sense with CCU being in the Charleston Classic.

Now, there are three teams competing here that are involved from my neck of the woods: Creighton, UNI and Drake. I would love to see UNI face Cleveland State... The Vikings are the best team in the Horizon League (Sorry, Butler fans) and UNI is pretty good in the MVC. Why not?

As for Drake, who will be the only one that won't be on TV in my opinion... Well, how about something closer to home in, say, Green Bay. Just a random guess.

To complete the MVC-Horizon series, Creighton should host Detroit.

I see Illinois-Chicago blows chunks this season. Maybe they can play Bradley.

EDIT-I see they also aren't participating. Does anyone know of a Midwestern team in this that absolutely sucks? Youngstown State?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

north dakota goofed on the time. It's actually tomorrow at 6:30 PM on ESPNU.

I'll be watching to see which one of the three local teams (Creighton, UNI and Drake) gets on TV for the event.

north dakota goofed on the time. It's actually tomorrow at 6:30 PM on ESPNU.

I'll be watching to see which one of the three local teams (Creighton, UNI and Drake) gets on TV for the event.

UNI

TV Games

Fri., 2/18 7 p.m. Virginia Commonwealth at Wichita Stat ESPN2

Fri., 2/18 9 p.m. Kent State at Drexel ESPNU

Sat., 2/19 11 a.m. Hofstra at Wright State ESPNU

Sat., 2/19 1 p.m. Austin Peay at Fairfield ESPNU

Sat., 2/19 3 p.m. Iona at Liberty ESPNU

Sat., 2/19 5 p.m. Missouri State at Valparaiso ESPN2

Sat., 2/19 5 p.m. Vermont at College of Charleston ESPNU

Sat., 2/19 7 p.m. George Mason at Northern Iowa ESPN2

Sat., 2/19 9 p.m. No. 21 Utah State at St. Mary?s (CA) ESPN2

Sat., 2/19 11 p.m. Montana at Long Beach State ESPN2

Sun., 2/20 1 p.m. Cleveland State at Old Dominion ESPN or ESPN2

Non TV Games

Boise State WAC UC-Santa Barbara Big West

Evansville MVC Murray State OVC

Morehead State OVC Indiana State MVC

Northern Colorado Big Sky New Mexico State WAC

Ball State MAC Wofford SOCON

Creighton MVC Akron MAC

Miami-OH MAC James Madison Colonial

UW-Milwaukee Horizon Buffalo MAC

Delaware Colonial Rider MAAC

Davidson SOCON Presbyterian Big South

Charleston So. Big South UNC-Wilmington Colonial

UW-Green Bay Horizon Southern Illinois MVC

Pacific Big West Oral Roberts Summit

Ohio MAC Winthrop Big South

Maine Am. East Siena MAAC

Weber State Big Sky San Jose State WAC

Northeastern Colonial UNC-Asheville Big South

Delaware State MEAC Tennessee State OVC

St. Peters MAAC Loyola-Chicago Horizon

Canisus MAAC Boston University Am. East

VMI Big South Morgan State MEAC

Idaho WAC Montana State Big Sky

UC-Irvine Big West Nevada WAC

UC-Riverside Big West Fresno State WAC

Eastern Kentucky OVC Western Carolina SOCON

Northern Arizona Big Sky Cal Poly Big West

Georgia State Colonial Louisiana Tech WAC

Illinois State MVC Western Michigan MAC

Detroit Horizon Drake MVC

Gardner-Webb Big SOuth Tennessee Tech OVC

Loyola-Maryland MAAC Towson Colonial

Loyola Marymount WCC Portland State Big Sky

Bowling Green MAC Youngstown State Horizon

Appalachian State SOCON High Point Big South

Radford Big South William & Mary Colonial

Manhattan MAAC Stony Brook AM. East

Seattle Independant Northern Illinois MAC

Bradley MVC Tennessee-Martin OVC

Hawaii WAC UC-Davis Big West

Central Michigan MAC Niagara MAAC

Cal State Fullerton Big West Idaho State Big Sky

New Hampshire AM. East Marist MAAC

CS Northridge Big West Eastern Washington Big Sky

Eastern Illinois OVC Toledo MAC

Sacramento State Big Sky Southeast Missouri St. OVC

Jacksonville State OVC Eastern Michigan MAC

Craaaaap. UT-Martin has a bad record but looks to have shown many signs of life lately.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

The Vikings are the best team in the Horizon League (Sorry, Butler fans)

Nah, that team's the Valparaiso Crusaders. Valpo's having a fantastic year, and I think they've got a chance to do some NCAA damage.

Does anyone know of a Midwestern team in this that absolutely sucks? Youngstown State?

Yeah, we suck.

6fQjS3M.png

Archived