ever heard of teams donating equipment to other teams?

Brave-Bird 08

I heard some jabber amongst some people at my local rec center the other day that local college, Chattahoochee Tech, got their club football pants from Georgia Tech.

I was like...eh...yeah right.

But today I saw a picture and it rose my brows.

It's a very very small school with a brand new club football program. the jerseys and helmets are low grade...the school colors are blue and gold (gold as in iowa gold, not ga tech gold)

but then you have this...

football1.jpg

compare it to this

81360488.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF8789215ABF3343C02EA548552CE687B226073F37144CF2B0F44DBFBC54D7C30503A5CE

now, I literally cannot find any photos, so I cant tell if the ChatTech pants are Russell or not, but nevertheless I found this intruiging enough to post here. Thoughts?

TCU used to donate theirs to Paschal high school which is right down the steet and also has purple as a school color.

interesting. I'm also growing suspicious the practice jerseys were donated and had wordmarks added

340x.jpg

CTC%20Football%203.jpg

so far the blue and white practice jerseys Tech has had look similar to the ChatTech ones

BB, Its actually pretty normal MO for schools and pro teams to do this. That way good uniforms are still getting used and the team doesn't have tons of storage taken up with old used jerseys that they never have any intention of using. Now if only they'd keep one or two from each season so that if they had a throwback game, they could match them up correctly.

Back in the 1950s my uncle coached football at Western Star Boys Ranch in Texas. All their equipment was donated from colleges and high schools across the state because they didn't have the budget to buy the stuff. In the summer he would spend a week or so traveling around Texas and Oklahoma collecting pads, helmets, shoes, etc. He also used the time to tell college coaches about good prospects he had at WSBR and wrangle jobs and scholarships for others.

FsQiF2W.png

I believe I read somewhere that the Denver Broncos original 1960 uniforms were hand me downs from a semi-pro football team, the Tucson Rattlers.

"Mr. President, call in the National Guard! Send as many men as you can spare! Because we are killing the Patriots! They need emergency help!" - Shannon Sharpe

I believe I read somewhere that the Denver Broncos original 1960 uniforms were hand me downs from a semi-pro football team, the Tucson Rattlers.

Actually they came from a defunct college bowl game called the Copper Bowl. Same idea though.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Back when I was in high school the football (soccer) team's kit was donated by the local team, Kidderminster Harriers. Probably helped that our school colours and the kit were the same, and that several teachers were on the board of directors...

Archived