Dodgers taking a shot at the Angels

deliver2david

Once the "deal" runs out, they should just be the "Angels". Really, short of a city making a deal with a team to give them some kind of concession in exchange for advertising (which is all the city name on the jersey really is), most of these teams only have city names so that they can increase their local marketing. They're private businesses staffed with non-residents. Let's be real here - it's not like they're really "representing" the city name on their chest (except of course for the Cardinals, because they're all one big family in greater St. Louis.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

That's what Moreno is trying to do, that or call them "Angels Baseball," and it's stupid. For better or worse, and despite MLS's best efforts, the naming convention for North American sports teams is City Nicknames. Irrespective of whom they employ, teams play in, market to, give charitably within, and overall represent metropolitan areas. That's the nice little system we've come up with, and I don't think it's the job of the SoCal Mets to change that.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Didn't the deal end a while back? Specifically in 2009 after the lawsuit was dropped? I mean, no offense to Anaheim, but you got the Ducks and Disneyland, stop :censored: ing already.

No, the naming rights deal still has another couple years on it. I want to say 2015 but my memory could be off.

Didn't the deal end a while back? Specifically in 2009 after the lawsuit was dropped? I mean, no offense to Anaheim, but you got the Ducks and Disneyland, stop :censored: ing already.

What are you trying to say? "Stop f___ing already"? "Stop sh___ting already"? I don't get it.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

What are you trying to say? "Stop f___ing already"? "Stop sh___ting already"? I don't get it.

+1

I was trying to figure that one out myself, Roger.

+1

I'm going to go with "stop bitching already"

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

+1

If he was saying bitching, why did it censor him?

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

+1

If he was saying bitching, why did it censor him?

I'm still trying to figure that one out myself. I messed with it for a bit, but it wouldn't let me type it out, so I moved on. So yes, that's what I was meaning to say.

Angels began their franchise as the L.A. Angels and they never should have changed. The "of Anaheim" is only on there due to some legal compromise that was made with the city.

They should just shut up and go back to the California Angels. Whooptie do!

If there were the only team in California, sure.

I've never liked when teams take the state name and yet other franchises within the state still exist. Like the "Texas Rangers." I know it's a reference to the Texas Rangers law enforcement, but I've always felt they should just be called the Dallas or Arlington Rangers.

Archived