2011 NCAA Baseball Thread

Cola

Don't hate just because ASU got caught cheating again and is banned from the postseason.

Yet, better than Arizona will ever be!

Not by much. ASU and Arizona are both in the top ten winningest programs of all time and they have five national championships to our three. That's a very small difference. Plus, we've won a national championship more recently.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't hate just because ASU got caught cheating again and is banned from the postseason.

That's not why he's hating. He's hating because you're somehow a bigger homer than I am.

You assume I'm somehow ashamed of that. I take pride in being a homer.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Not by much. ASU and Arizona are both in the top ten winningest programs of all time and they have five national championships to our three. That's a very small difference. Plus, we've won a national championship more recently.

5 National Championships to 3, 20 Conference Championships to Zilch, more times to the Post-season Tournament. Yeah you may have won a National Championship, but when was the last time you've been to the National Championship? I'll take my one season ban than to ever root for that team in Tucson.

Not to mention that we were one win away from winning the season series last year instead of getting swept as in the past. Will we suddenly start dominating ASU like in basketball? Doubtful. But we won't be kicked around by the Scum Devils anymore. Things are looking up in Tucson.

Yeah, that's not why I'm hating. I'm hating because daily updates about any team in any of these season long threads are pedantic and annoying. Especially when it only goes as far as saying who won and the score. If there isn't anything interesting to add or additional comments, these posts can easily be found as boxscores for those who actually care about the day-to-day scoreboard exploits of these teams.

And Gary described my feelings on the rest of the context of your post (and add an assist to Lights Out for the other portion). And it's funny you want to bring up history in terms of UofA and winning (no matter how small) to support a point, but when someone else brings up history in terms of UofA losing (no matter how large or foolish) you flip out and go on a "Wildcats are #1" diatribe. And if we want to go ahead and talk about the current times, ASU is #9 in the current baseball rankings. UofA is #23. Still better. And if it weren't for the aforementioned sanctions, they'd be competing for a national title while UofA would be playing for the mild entertainment of the sad residents of Tucson.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

you flip out and go on a "Wildcats are #1" diatribe.

Yeah, uh, no I don't.

I'm not going to continue this pointless argument.

Yeah, uh, no I don't.

Congratulations, you picked out the hyperbole in my post and ignored the actual points I had in it.

Anyways, Go Devils.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

Congratulations, you picked out the hyperbole in my post and ignored the actual points I had in it.

Yeah, I don't usually pick up on hyperbole like that. I'm not good at that when it comes to non-verbal communication.

Yeah, uh, no I don't.

Anyways, Go Devils.

You're right. He either turns it into a Wildcats #1 or if someone calls you out on it, you always back away instead of defending your actions. Trust me, I know plenty of Wildcat Alum(one from here on the boards) and they never act like a jackass fanatic you do.

1986. Whoop dee Freaking Doo. It doesn't really count if you can't remember it. weren't alive when it happened.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Who cares, we all know USC is the best.

East or West?

(West gets a picture of the Captain from Tintin laughing)

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

He either turns it into a Wildcats #1 or if someone calls you out on it, you always back away instead of defending your actions.

And when all else fails, he always uses the "OMG I HAVE A DISORDER! FEEL BAD FOR ME!" maneuver. Case in point:

Yeah, I don't usually pick up on hyperbole like that. I'm not good at that when it comes to non-verbal communication.

As an ADD sufferer, I cannot stand it when people pull out a disorder as an excuse for intentionally pissing people off (like Kevin W does on a daily basis). It makes those of us who don't look bad by association.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Uh, I didn't even say anything about the Asperger Syndrome. I'm just not good at picking up on stuff like that and I never have been.

Yes, because you clearly know my thought processes.

No, I've just read enough of the dumb arguments you usually start on here. But regardless, I'd rather not continue this argument.

Evidently you missed me saying the same thing several posts ago. My comment about hyperbole was not meant to extend the argument. You just acted like it was because you can't pass up an opportunity to try to bitch me out. Leave me the :censored: alone.

you can't pass up an opportunity to try to bitch me out.

I thought that was the CCSLC Way. :P

Seriously though, when you piss off a large portion of the forums, you're going to get some hate in return. Prime example: Gary's avatar and caption directed at me. Can't say I haven't earned that joke at my expense, so even though I of course don't like seeing it every day, you don't see me complaining. Next time, just ignore it.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Yeah, that's not why I'm hating. I'm hating because daily updates about any team in any of these season long threads are pedantic and annoying.

No one is forcing you to read this thread. Sorry it isn't up to your standards.

If someone pulls for their team and displays it on the forums...they are attacked for being a homer, loving their conference too much, pushing their sport on someone, or some other pointless reason. If they post something simple as a score, someone still complains. Sometimes I feel like there are nothing but women and 12 year old boys on this forum.

Archived