2011 NCAA Baseball Thread

Cola

My Yardcocks beat Santa Clara yesterday 12-5. New bats didn't seem to affect them much as they went yard 3 times...but the sound, that sweet "ping" I love so much about college baseball is near missing now. Jackie Bradley Jr went 4 for 4 with a HR and multiple RBIs. Almost hit for the cycle.

So who are your favorites to win it all this year? I'm obviously hoping for a repeat for my Cocks, we have a good core of players back from last season- just need to work a few kinks out in the bullpen, as we aren't very deep there. We weren't very deep either last year, honestly, and we were able to put together some great series to complete the season. Coach Tanner loves the game of baseball and the kids really respond to him.

FYI, Garrett Wittels (FIU) hit streak also ended yesterday at 56.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Go NYIT! Yes, they are D-1. :P My cousin plays for them. Big West (yes a school from Long Island in the Big West) represent

You actually mean Great West there since NYIT is in that conference for baseball.

Anyhow, I don't really care for a team... Iowa doesn't have much for D-I baseball since the Hawkeyes are the only team left in the state that has a baseball program.

Go NYIT! Yes, they are D-1. :P My cousin plays for them. Big West (yes a school from Long Island in the Big West) represent

You actually mean Great West there since NYIT is in that conference for baseball.

Anyhow, I don't really care for a team... Iowa doesn't have much for D-I baseball since the Hawkeyes are the only team left in the state that has a baseball program.

Whoops, got my West mid-majors confused. Shows how much I follow College Baseball ^_^

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

Arizona took the first two games of their series against North Dakota State 10-0 and 12-1 respectively.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Just for that, I'm gonna post an update for every single one of Arizona's games just to spite you.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Arizona completed the sweep of NDSU, winning 8-1.

Scary incident for the ASU baseball team on Sunday.

Outfielder and former Mr. Baseball in California Cory Hahn slid into second base and slid full speed into the shortstop's knee. His neck crunched together and he laid on the field motionless for a long time. He had surgery last night and he could have full paralysis.

Not the way that ASU wanted to start off the season, especially with the Sun Devils only having the regular season to play for because of NCAA recruiting sanctions on their former coach Pat Murphy.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Scary incident for the ASU baseball team on Sunday.

Outfielder and former Mr. Baseball in California Cory Hahn slid into second base and slid full speed into the shortstop's knee. His neck crunched together and he laid on the field motionless for a long time. He had surgery last night and he could have full paralysis.

Not the way that ASU wanted to start off the season, especially with the Sun Devils only having the regular season to play for because of NCAA recruiting sanctions on their former coach Pat Murphy.

I saw that on channel 12 today, poor kid, I don't want to be in his shoes, but I do wish him a speedy recovery and hopefully he can restore the feeling down below.

After losing the first game at Long Beach State on Friday 2-1, Arizona dominated the Dirtbags, including a 6-run fifth inning, behind the arm of Kyle Simon, who recorded seven Ks in eight innings, leading Arizona to a 9-1 win.

Swept Southern Illinois...continuin the longest winning streak in the nation!

Midweek game against Furman...then onto a weekend series with Clemson. One game in Columbia, one game in Clemson, and another game at Fluor Field in Greenville, SC- the stadium built to the exact specs of Fenway Park. Yes, including a Green Monster in left.

And Arizona wins the rubber match against Long Beach State 7-1. Onto a Tuesday-Wednesday series against Rice in Tucson.

This thread is worthless without daily updates of the LSU baseball team.

Sadly, easily replaced by daily updates of the South Carolina and Arizona baseball teams.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Don't hate just because ASU got caught cheating again and is banned from the postseason.

Archived