Does Falcon punter Michael Koenen know...

BlueSky

Steve Gleason's punt block in the '06 'Return to the Superdome' game is no doubt one of the greatest moments in Saints history, and I like memorabilia as much as the next guy. Still, this thing seems a little over the top. The pic appeared in a Times-Picayune feature on the Payton house that appeared some time ago and was linked from a story in today's edition.

Just interested in others' take on it, especially the Christ-esque sun through the clouds thing behind Payton's head at the top. I find that mildly disturbing and I'm not even a religious person.

8863908-standard.jpg

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Just noticed the interesting reference to Bill Parcells at lower right...it says 'Tuna' and has a little fish. Now in fairness, I'm sure Payton didn't commission this thing, likely someone made it and presented it to him and he didn't want to offend them by displaying it in the basement meat freezer.

I hope. :D

The reaction shot opposite the punt block is hilarious...it is indeed a snapshot of his reaction to that play but it looks more like a grenade just exploded on the Saints sideline.

"Tuna" is the name of the artist, Tuna Seither. He is locally known for doing paintings of the game, at the game, while the game is in progress.

His Facebook Link

Good catch. Weird nickname.

Apparently the thing is also moving to Dallas. He is selling his house in Mandeville.

Yeah, that's kind of old news. Many New Orleanians are going bananas about it, all offended and everything. Well, here's a news flash: I grew up there (though not a native), have family there, obviously love the Saints, etc. and so on, but...I moved my family away in 1987 because as special and unique as New Orleans is, it's the poster child for the saying, "Nice place to visit but you wouldn't want to live there."

"Tuna" is the name of the artist, Tuna Seither. He is locally known for doing paintings of the game, at the game, while the game is in progress.

His Facebook Link

Apparently the thing is also moving to Dallas. He is selling his house in Mandeville.

Yeah, that's kind of old news. Many New Orleanians are going bananas about it, all offended and everything. Well, here's a news flash: I grew up there (though not a native), have family there, obviously love the Saints, etc. and so on, but...I moved my family away in 1987 because as special and unique as New Orleans is, it's the poster child for the saying, "Nice place to visit but you wouldn't want to live there."

Yeah, but its Mandeville. There has been all of one robbery in two years there. If you hate Mandeville, who knows where you would like. Its perfect for the average millionaire.

As far as NOLA goes, it takes a certain person to live here. I'm probably heading out after graduation but I still do love the city.

His Facebook Link

Yeah, but its Mandeville. There has been all of one robbery in two years there. If you hate Mandeville, who knows where you would like. Its perfect for the average millionaire.

As far as NOLA goes, it takes a certain person to live here. I'm probably heading out after graduation but I still do love the city.

Louisiana in general is not as nice as many other places. Circumstance has made me a resident of five different states over my lifetime and if I had to rank them, Louisiana would be bringing up the rear, if for nothing else the fact that the people there elected Edwin Edwards governor...more than once. :D

Archived