Cavfanatic-like jerseys

Wilt

mod edit

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

Would you like to see similar jerseys for the other teams?

Based on most of these responses, I guess I'm in the minority. It seems like the Cavs were the first team to wear (on court) these mixed-era things. While I think it's a cool idea, I wouldn't want it to become the kind of thing that other teams start to do too.

I think there are already too many different types of uniforms worn in the league. I feel like teams abuse throwback and alternate usage. I would like to see the league get back to basics somewhat and keep throwbacks and alternates special by limiting their usage.

The CavFanatic thing is a cool quirky idea and I guess it makes the team some money, but I hope it stays in Cleveland, otherwise it won't be as neat. Kind of like how I want the Lakers to be the only team to have a colored primary home jersey. If it starts to spread too much it will lose its novelty. They are fun to make as concepts on a site like this but if too many teams start to do this, identities are going to get diluted and it's just going to become annoying.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

I came up with this for the Bucks awhile back... I would've used the arched "Milwaukee" from their current alts, but I couldn't find a large enough copy. Wouldn't mind seeing their current unis in double green.

bucks_rainbow_new.png

The CavFanatic thing is a cool quirky idea and I guess it makes the team some money, but I hope it stays in Cleveland, otherwise it won't be as neat. Kind of like how I want the Lakers to be the only team to have a colored primary home jersey. If it starts to spread too much it will lose its novelty. They are fun to make as concepts on a site like this but if too many teams start to do this, identities are going to get diluted and it's just going to become annoying.

Warriors switched to yellow 2 years before Lakers did. The only problem is that they were changing their jersey design too often and 22 years later they dropped it for dull white.

Archived