Nash61's NHL Refresh

nash61

I never understood why the Flyers didn't simply go in that direction with their uniforms. Yeah, it's a template that Atlanta uses too, but it suited the Flyers very well, much better than what they use now. All they needed to do was add an orange version as the third/inevitable new home jersey, and their look as a whole would have been perfect.

Also, kudos for making orange more prominent on the black jersey, makes it look better than any black jersey they've previously worn, even the short-lived real life version.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PHOENIX- I was considering using the Native American striping for the primary jerseys, but instead decided to go with the striping from the current alt. I did however use the Native American striping on the alternate jersey. The logo on the third jersey is from the Zephyr X-Line of hats. ?Goals for Kids? returns to the right shoulder, while the rising sun logo is on the left shoulder. This symbolizes the sun rising in the East, and the Moon rising in the West.

PHX.png

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Bump

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

• 2 weeks later...

PITTSBURGH- Two words: Sunday Yellows. That?s right, the 90s jerseys are back, and with them comes the old yellow alternate. I wanted the Penguins to once again match the Steelers and Pirates, so Vegas gold had to go. The only change from the 90s jerseys is that the sleeve stripes are now straight, and the TV numbers are lower on the arm.

PIT.png

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Not a fan of the striping on the current Coyotes alternate and it looks no better here. I never understood what those blobs on the sleeve stripes were meant to convey. The vertical stripes would look more at home on a basketball jersey.

I think it's fairly important to emphasize the meaning of the word "rebrand", because, unfortunately, I see it being completely misused around these parts, nowadays.

Rebrandings are not recolorings of existing Reebok edge templates. Rebrands do not reuses or recolor existing logos. Rebrands are a very distinct brand in a way that is carefully planned out to give a team/product a new direction and a completely new repositioning in a "market". Examples of recent rebrands in the NHL: Washington changing ALL of its logos and colors. Phoenix moving from the Native American motif and complicated color scheme to the simplicity of brick red with 3 stripes. Anaheim moving away from the "disney" mighty ducks brand to the new name, color palette, and logo set. Your coyotes concept here, for example, is a very simple recoloring of their alternate template, using existing logos and colors. Not a rebrand. Your penguins concept, while changing colors slightly, uses recycled logos and a recycled template. Not a rebrand.

A more accurate title for this thread would be "nhl recolors" or "nhl concepts". Rebrands require much more thought and effort, and take longer than a day or two to create. Not saying that some of these concepts arent good looking, some are solid, but rebrand is a very specified word and should be used with care.

That being said, I really like the navy Rangers jersey you made. Something about the white shoulders is incredibly appealing to me. You are on to something here. It would look fantastic as an alternate in real life.

Still, although some of these concepts have potential, shy away from simple recolorings in your concepts. Come up with new, never before seen templates. Like, on the first page of this topic, EVERY SINGLE concept is a recolor. Ducks, thrashers, bruins, sabres, all recolors. Same old, same old, show us something new.

• 4 weeks later...

All right! It's back! I will be finishing this, eventually. For now, here's St. Louis.

ST. LOUIS- I usually shy away from retro, as evidenced by my Flyers concept. However, the Blues have one of the best retro designs. With several of my royal blue teams getting replaced with navy, it was time for some more royal. St. Louis wore these jerseys from 1979-84. The alternate remains unchanged except that the bluenote is replaced by the 90s trumpet. Props to Connor Hanley for the template.

BLUES.png

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Archived