Nash61's NHL Refresh

nash61

The rules are simple: Because I'm not very good with Illustrator, I'm not allowed to make any new logos for any teams, but I can alter any existing logos from that team's history. You'll see what I mean with later teams.

My main goal of this rebrand was to "un-Edge-ify" the NHL, so home jerseys are once again white. I will be revealing these quite often. I will begin with Anaheim and proceed in alphabetical order to Washington.

C&C would be great.

Anaheim

Atlanta

Boston

Buffalo

Calgary

Carolina

Chicago

Colorado

Columbus

Dallas

Detroit

Edmonton

Florida

Los Angeles

Minnesota

Montreal

Nashville

New Jersey

NY Islanders

NY Rangers

Ottawa

Philadelphia

Phoenix

Pittsburgh

St. Louis

ANAHEIM: I wanted to go back to the old eggplant and jade colours while keeping the team from being too "Disneyish." I kept the current chest logo and striping, and added the duck mask to the shoulders and third jersey. I used jade as the main colour for the third, and the numbers and lettering remain the same as the current jerseys.

1-1.png

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So you wanted to keep the Ducks from being "too Disneyish" so you went back to the old Disney duck mask logo?

It's okay as an alt and shoulder patch, but not on the H/R

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

ATLANTA: I was seven years old when the Thrashers first came into the league in 1999. The biggest thing that stood out to me was flying thrasher logo, which I always thought was the bird's head, not its back, for some reason. I brought the "T-bird" back, and placed him on the chest of the home and roads. For the third, I found a gem of a logo that the Thrashers have never used on a jersey. Baby blue has been completely removed from the Thrashers colour scheme.

1.png

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I'm not a fan of the alternate jerseys more either team, as the third jersey for Anaheim is nothing more than a poorly modernized throwback to me and the main crest for the Atlanta third just doesn't work as a main crest at all. I like the home and away jerseys for both teams, specifically Anaheim as it shows just how versatile the webbed-D crest really is with both the modern and previous color schemes.

Bump Probably shouldn't post these at midnight if I want C&C :P

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

ATLANTA: I was seven years old when the Thrashers first came into the league in 1999. The biggest thing that stood out to me was flying thrasher logo, which I always thought was the bird's head, not its back, for some reason. I brought the "T-bird" back, and placed him on the chest of the home and roads. For the third, I found a gem of a logo that the Thrashers have never used on a jersey. Baby blue has been completely removed from the Thrashers colour scheme.

1.png

I always thought that the logo on the Home and Roads, was the most ridiculous logo in the history of logos!

What the hell?!? I can't tell what the :censored: it is.

But anyways, good job!

BOSTON: This was probably the easiest of all my teams in the rebrand. Simply put, the current Bruins jerseys are nearly perfect. The only changes that I made were making the shoulder yoke on the white jersey yellow (as it has been for most of Bruins history) and replacing the third jersey with the Winter Classic jersey, but swapping the logos with the current third.

1-2copy.png

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

While I like the emphasis on gold over black (something the Fleetcenter era Bruins refuse to do), I have to say it doesn't mesh well with the black cuffs.

The only real problem I have with the current B's set is the inconsistent stripes. Normally this wouldn't bother me so much, but the Bruins have a rich history with the stripes shown on the black sweater. The Yellow/Thin Black/White/Thin Black/Yellow screams Big Bad Bruins, their current white sweater stripping looks unbalanced and forced. Maybe with reverting the white sweater stripes to the days of old, the yellow yoke and black cuffs might mesh a bit better (see: the 1970's).

While I like the emphasis on gold over black (something the Fleetcenter era Bruins refuse to do), I have to say it doesn't mesh well with the black cuffs.

The only real problem I have with the current B's set is the inconsistent stripes. Normally this wouldn't bother me so much, but the Bruins have a rich history with the stripes shown on the black sweater. The Yellow/Thin Black/White/Thin Black/Yellow screams Big Bad Bruins, their current white sweater stripping looks unbalanced and forced. Maybe with reverting the white sweater stripes to the days of old, the yellow yoke and black cuffs might mesh a bit better (see: the 1970's).

Good catch with the stripes! This is the look I was going for.

Bruins25.png

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

BUFFALO: I was hoping to replace the Slug with this rebrand, but the Sabres beat me to it. I didn't have to do much. I removed the useless silver piping and the much maligned "pit-stains" from the home and road jerseys. I also put the "B-sword" logo back on the shoulders. For the third, I used the logo from the team's old red third jerseys, but recoloured it in blue and gold. I used royal blue for the jersey, but added the navy shoulder yoke of the home jersey.

1-3.png

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

BUFFALO: I was hoping to replace the Slug with this rebrand, but the Sabres beat me to it. I didn't have to do much. I removed the useless silver piping and the much maligned "pit-stains" from the home and road jerseys. I also put the "B-sword" logo back on the shoulders. For the third, I used the logo from the team's old red third jerseys, but recoloured it in blue and gold. I used royal blue for the jersey, but added the navy shoulder yoke of the home jersey.

1-3.png

The hem stripes on the white jersey should match the sleeve stripes, and the silver should be completely removed.

Archived