Nash61's NHL Refresh

nash61

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think the foot logo for the Avs is strong enough to be used on the front of a jersey. To me, that alternate looks like a practice jersey. I agree with HawkeyHouse, though. Try a blue alternate maybe with "AVALANCHE" going down diagonally, similar to what they have now with "COLORADO".

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

I agree with the posters above about switching the alternate to the blue and dropping the foot logo form the front.

Also, as far as your home uniforms go, they are very similar to what BMac(?) posted awhile ago. And I'll tell you what I told him, if you're going to use the mountain esque stripes on the bottom it will look a lot better if you use the mountain esque stripes on the shoulder/arm are as well. Right now, the straight fluid design of the shoulder/arm stripes clash with the jaggedness of the hem stripes.

Edit - The hem stripes don't match the arm stripes on you alternate. I don't know if you did that on purpose or not, but it would look better if they matched.

jNTsTyQ.png

COLUMBUS- The Blue Jackets are one of the few teams that the Edge system actually improved. The only change that I made to their home/ road set is that I darkened the blue on the shoulders of both jerseys, like their first third jersey. The blue on the body and shoulders of the road jersey no longer matches. I brought back their original CBJ logo and placed it on on of the shoulders. For the alternate, I replaced all the baby blue with red, and got rid of the copy-cat circle logo. These are the BLUE JACKETS, not the Panthers or Penguins.

1-4.png

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

DALLAS- Green is back! I relegated black to an alternate colour. The logo has been changed to more closely resemble that of the team's affiliate in Texas. I've also added hem stripes. The high-school look is no more, and the Stars now look like a professional team.

1-5.png

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

DETROIT- "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" The only changes that I made were slight. I changed the striping on the the road to match the home, and added TV numbers to the sleeves of the alternate. I changed the logo on the white jersey to the inverted colour version. I added the alternate logo to the shoulders of the home and road. The Winter Classic jersey returns as an alternate.

1copy.png

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

EDMONTON- I had originally planned to use the retro templates, but in navy and copper. That didn't exactly go as planned. So, rather than that, I used the pre-Edge jerseys and recoloured the copper to orange. A single oil drop adorns the shoulders. I actually changed the alternate jersey while writing this post. The team's oil worker alternate logo is placed on their 1996-1997 home jersey. It's a jersey that I've always loved, and although it may not work as a primary jersey, I think it fits nicely as an alternate.

EDM.png

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

DALLAS- Green is back! I relegated black to an alternate colour. The logo has been changed to more closely resemble that of the team's affiliate in Texas. I've also added hem stripes. The high-school look is no more, and the Stars now look like a professional team.

1-5.png

These look great. Dallas should go this route.

Very close to my away concept for the Oilers a few years back

EdmontonRoad.png

Obviously the same inspiration.

Oilers12.png

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Quick critique about the Thrashers. You claim you remove the baby blue, yet it can still be found in the logo, therefore is still a part of the color scheme. I would suggest fixing that

A color being in the logo does not make it part of the color scheme at all... it's just a color in the logo.

Untitled.png

Blackhawks logo is filled with colors, yet their not in the color scheme of the jersey.

Can you imagine if they were? It'd be 90's Nuggets rainbow all over again!

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

CHICAGO- The Blackhawks logo looked like a crayon box. It had EIGHT different colours in it! (Yes, I counted them) So I went to an extreme. The only colours that the Hawks now sport are black, white, and red. This exact logo was actually used by the Springfield Indians of the AHL. The striping on the road red jersey is changed to match the home jersey (it's a pet peeve of mine, watch for it later in the series), but that striping pattern is preserved on the black alternate jersey.

1.png

A white Indian? Didn't realize that at first but I think it should be kept tan. Keep everthing else though.

sport-scarf_celtic-2_zps105bfcbf.png

Quick critique about the Thrashers. You claim you remove the baby blue, yet it can still be found in the logo, therefore is still a part of the color scheme. I would suggest fixing that

A color being in the logo does not make it part of the color scheme at all... it's just a color in the logo.

I respectfully disagree, but to each their own. I think the inclusion of the powder, especially in the center of the logo, is a bit distracting

Manchester-City-icon.png

Archived