Nash61's NHL Refresh

nash61

Quick critique about the Thrashers. You claim you remove the baby blue, yet it can still be found in the logo, therefore is still a part of the color scheme. I would suggest fixing that

A color being in the logo does not make it part of the color scheme at all... it's just a color in the logo.

I respectfully disagree, but to each their own. I think the inclusion of the powder, especially in the center of the logo, is a bit distracting

It doesn't really matter if you disagree. Because you are wrong. I'm not trying to pick a fight here or anything, I'm just saying you are wrong.

A few examples:

http://www.sportslogos.net/logo.php?id=1256

Neither red nor that shade of blue are part of their color scheme, just in the logo.

http://www.sportslogos.net/logo.php?id=970

Red and blue are DEFINITELY not part of their color scheme, just in the logo. That goes for the silver too...

http://www.sportslogos.net/logo.php?id=56

The orange and the skin color are found nowhere else but the logo.

That's just the first three that came to mind. I'm sure there are plenty of others if I were to search. Like I said, not picking a fight, just proving that colors in a logo do not make them part of the team's color scheme.

Untitled.png

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quick critique about the Thrashers. You claim you remove the baby blue, yet it can still be found in the logo, therefore is still a part of the color scheme. I would suggest fixing that

A color being in the logo does not make it part of the color scheme at all... it's just a color in the logo.

I respectfully disagree, but to each their own. I think the inclusion of the powder, especially in the center of the logo, is a bit distracting

Neither are green, blue or yellow.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Moving on...

FLORIDA- The red is back, and the baby blue is dead. I used the head from inside the circle logo, but added whiskers, changed the eyes, and made it yellow. The pre-Edge home and road jerseys come back, and a more traditional look is used for the third. An updated full-body Panther is featured on the alternate jersey.

FLA.png

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Neither are green, blue or yellow.

I guess you're right. I kind of forgot about the blue and yellow. But I thought they had a green stripe somewhere on their uniform. Guess not!

Excuse me as I puke...

That Panthers concept is pretty good. I wouldn't complain if this is what they use, but I'd rather see something brand new.

LOS ANGELES- Something that I really wanted to do with this series was to re-introduce colour. The Kings had a beautiful purple jersey, but they canned it when the Edge system was introduced. I brought back the hem stripes and put the shield logo on the third.

1-6.png

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

These look good and would be, like the real ones would've been, even better without "Los Angeles" on the hem.

I actually a fan of the "Los Angeles" hem, due to it being different but not in the sense of doing just to be different. its kind of a trade mark of LA teams to have either LA or Los Angeles on their uni's. However I feel like this concept is too nfl like in the sense that all 3 jerseys are the same pattern and are just recolored. Maybe try a twist to their current jerseys to that it compliments them but is more then just different colored.

These look good and would be, like the real ones would've been, even better without "Los Angeles" on the hem.

I actually a fan of the "Los Angeles" hem, due to it being different but not in the sense of doing just to be different. its kind of a trade mark of LA teams to have either LA or Los Angeles on their uni's. However I feel like this concept is too nfl like in the sense that all 3 jerseys are the same pattern and are just recolored. Maybe try a twist to their current jerseys to that it compliments them but is more then just different colored.

I can see your point about the LA hem--to each there own.

17013982017.gifu2jelkdnhfxbda2vmnsggv6hf.gif444.gifyo3wysbjtagzmwj37tb11u0fh.gif

It doesn't really matter if you disagree. Because you are wrong. I'm not trying to pick a fight here or anything, I'm just saying you are wrong.

A few examples:

http://www.sportslogos.net/logo.php?id=1256

Neither red nor that shade of blue are part of their color scheme, just in the logo.

http://www.sportslogos.net/logo.php?id=970

Red and blue are DEFINITELY not part of their color scheme, just in the logo. That goes for the silver too...

That's just the first three that came to mind. I'm sure there are plenty of others if I were to search. Like I said, not picking a fight, just proving that colors in a logo do not make them part of the team's color scheme.

I've never even noticed that before haha. Thank you for pointing out my wrong ways

Manchester-City-icon.png

MINNESOTA- They tried to make up for their mistake by reintroducing a green alternate, but the answer was staring them in the face all along. If you haven't figured out yet, I hate all things circle logos and wordmarks, so I have rid the Wild of both. The old green road jersey returns, and the red jersey becomes the third once again. The M from the script logo is used instead of the circle logo, and is also featured on one of the shoulders.

1-7.png

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

MINNESOTA- They tried to make up for their mistake by reintroducing a green alternate, but the answer was staring them in the face all along. If you haven't figured out yet, I hate all things circle logos and wordmarks, so I have rid the Wild of both. The old green road jersey returns, and the red jersey becomes the third once again. The M from the script logo is used instead of the circle logo, and is also featured on one of the shoulders.

1-7.png

Perfection!

Why did they ever get rid of that Spectacular Green jersey anyway.

MONTREAL- The non-matching home and road set has really been bugging me. So I decided to fix that. Montreal has used this jersey in the past as an alternate, and I would love to see it come into use full time. The logo on the shoulders and behind the alternate logo is a globe. After winning the 1924 Stanley Cup, the Habs declared themselves "World Champions" and actually wore it as their main crest for a season.

1-8.png

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

the white filling on the habs logo really bugs me on both the home and the road.

and i don't like how the red and blue bleed together on the home sweater's chest stripe.

other than that, not awful. though i'm not a fan of the globe when they're NOT world champions.

NASHVILLE- The Predators have one of the busiest logos in the NHL. Two shades of yellow, steel blue, navy blue, grey, and white all find themselves playing some role in this logo. I simplified it, removing the steel blue and one of the shades of yellow. I also completely re-did their jerseys. The old mustard third jerseys were an eyesore, but I decided that a real shade of yellow might look good. I removed the triangle from the side of the alternate logo and simplified the colours as well. The "NP" logo that once adorned the team's alternate pants is now on the shoulders.

1-9.png

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Archived