Nash61's NHL Refresh

nash61

Sorry about the break, college has been busy.

NEW JERSEY- I had considered going back to the Christmas colours, but then I discovered this awesome alternate logo. It is used on certain New Era team hats, and features a devil's face inside the NJ logo. The template used for the home and road is that of the white "Christmas jerseys" The third jersey is a black version of their current set.

1-10.png

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't like the combination of the devil head and the NJ on the alternate. I'd just use the devil head or the Lowell Devils logo without the L.

The jersey design of the Devils 82-92 looks pretty good with the current colors.

ISLANDERS- The Islanders have had a rather interesting jersey history to say the least. The look that I like best from the Islanders was their pre-Edge look. So that is what I returned to. The lighthouse logo from the "Fishsticks" jerseys has been updated and placed on the shoulders and on the chest of the third jersey. The four stripes on the third represent the 4 straight Cups that the Isles won in the '80s.

1-11.png

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I'm not sure why, but I've never liked orange as a third jersey color for the Isles. However, I do like the four-stripe nod to the Cup wins and I've always hoped the team would use the lighthouse logo in some way. Very good set, nash61.

17013982017.gifu2jelkdnhfxbda2vmnsggv6hf.gif444.gifyo3wysbjtagzmwj37tb11u0fh.gif

Same here. It's too bad the Isles didn't transfer the lighthouse to that set after they dumped the Fisherman wavy set. But I could see why. They wanted to go with the classic theme and they thought that the lighthouse wasn't "classic" enough.

RANGERS- The new retro jerseys that the team unveiled this year were the inspiration for this concept. I just can't get over how good the Rangers look in navy blue and dark red. I changed the road to match the home. I also went with "New York" as the wordmark on the home. The third jersey was inspired by the Kitchener Rangers of the OHL. Instead of a soldier like Kitchener usually has, I used Lady Liberty.

1-12.png

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I was hoping for a bit more of a response on the Rangers, but here's the Sens.

OTTAWA- In the years immediately preceding the Edge jerseys, Ottawa couldn't decide on its identity. Is it a modern team with swooping stripes and a front-facing logo, or is it a classic team with straight stripes and the original logo? I went classic for this Rebrand. The black jersey returns as the road, and the updated side-facing Senator is placed on both jerseys. The maple leaf/Peace Tower logo is on the shoulders of the home and road. I combined the O from the team's current shoulder logo with the "winged S" logo from their pre-Edge days for the alternate.

1copy-1.png

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Rangers- this concept is perfect IMO. I'm with you about the navy > royal. My only gripe is that I think there should be a second hem stripe on the alternate. Otherwise you nailed it. My favorite Rangers concept I've seen on the boards.

Senators- The use of the 2-D senator is great. The overall design of the sweater is good. In the road I would make the top of the hem stripe red with white underneath. On the alternate I think that the wreath pattern should be integrated more.

I like the home and road for the Sens, aside from the number font you chose. The alt I'm really not feeling... a lot of it has to do with the red and gold clashing a bit... they work when they're both minimal, but they seem to be the two main colours on this jersey, with the gold even overshadowing the black a bit.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

I love what you did with the Ducks and Thrashers, even though I'm not a huge fan of Anaheim's current logos (I've always been partial to the mask). Shoot, the Flames is a damn homerun. The Hawks' one looks like some botched knockoff though, to be honest...I mean, I understand what you wanted to do there, but it aint the best you could've done. I feel you whiffed a bit with the Senators third too, as a different crest would've been the difference.

Far as the Kings, I'd have done one of three things: Gretzky era-style, but with current logos; Marcel Dionne era; or using the angry king from the 96 alt on a decent jersey (hell, I maintain that if they hadn't wasted it on that crappy third, it coulda been a primary).

Far as another one I like, the Isles third was very well done. Love the modified lighthouse. The tweaked Avalanche A was a nice wrinkle to throw out there too.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

PHILADELPHIA- I am one of the people that dislikes the Flyers? retro jerseys. I especially hate the off-colour nameplates. The one thing that I do like about them is that they brought back orange as the primary colour. I went back to the template that the team originally used when the Edge system first came out. The road jersey is now orange, and the black jersey has been relegated to alternate status. The nameplates also match the jerseys.

1-13.png

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Archived