A quick question about Chivas

BigRed618

I think California would be better than LA. It'd just be weird to have two teams with the city name.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

If Chivas were to rename, I think they should use the potential for Spanish in their city name.

Either use Los Angeles (The angels) and add a name that works with angels...

Los Angeles Caidos (Fallen Angels)

Los Angeles Santos (Saintly Angels)

Los Angeles Dorados (Golden Angels)

or, use the fact that L.A. is basically La, the article (the) for all feminine words, so you could get double meaning from names like:

LA Furia (The Fury)

LA Manía (The Craziness)

LA Victoria (Victory)

There are many many options there. I like Furia as well, especially if they can tie it in with the "Furia roja"

the Spanish National team that won the World Cup. Problem is, Real Salt Lake has Spain's uniforms, basically.

Chivas USA is an attempt to expand a brand name -- kind of like when the Pittsburgh Penguins bought a stake in the old Soviet Red Army hockey team.

Also, there are times when Chivas Guadalajara and Chivas USA participate in charity matches under the name Chivas United.

I like Chivas being Chivas with the Mexico connection and all. There are definitely very diverse groups in LA and Chivas appeals certain groups whereas the Galaxy appeal to others. Kind of cool that way.

I may be way off but I always thought of Chivas being more the blue collar team and the Galaxy being the white collar team. Similar to the White Sox (blue collar) and Cubs (white collar).

Archived