What would you do?

hormone

After being around these parts for a while, I've become very familiar with Straighcashhomey.net. Also, I don't like to have jerseys of players who are gone. Anyway, last season I wanted to update my Brooks, Alstott, Dunn Bucs jerseys so I felt that Freeman could have been a bust, Barber was about to retire, they don't want Ruud and I needed a new player. I bought the three authentics in Talib. By the time they shipped, I got them about the last quarter of the season. Talib was having a pro-bowl type year, but got hurt. No worry, he'll just build on that and it'll be a good investment for a few strong seasons. Well, he decided that instead of staying in shape and enjoying his money and free time, he'll shoot at people. The Bucs can't cut him and the league can't suspend him because of the lockout right now. What should I do with them? Should I try to unload them (like on ebay) and get some money back? Should I wait it out? How would you jersey afficianodos handle this situation?

Thanks for the input.

KISSwall09.jpg

After being around these parts for a while, I've become very familiar with Straighcashhomey.net. Also, I don't like to have jerseys of players who are gone. Anyway, last season I wanted to update my Brooks, Alstott, Dunn Bucs jerseys so I felt that Freeman could have been a bust, Barber was about to retire, they don't want Ruud and I needed a new player. I bought the three authentics in Talib. By the time they shipped, I got them about the last quarter of the season. Talib was having a pro-bowl type year, but got hurt. No worry, he'll just build on that and it'll be a good investment for a few strong seasons. Well, he decided that instead of staying in shape and enjoying his money and free time, he'll shoot at people. The Bucs can't cut him and the league can't suspend him because of the lockout right now. What should I do with them? Should I try to unload them (like on ebay) and get some money back? Should I wait it out? How would you jersey afficianodos handle this situation?

Thanks for the input.

Keep it. It's a jersey that you paid for. It has no bearing on how you treat people. If he wants to be stupid, then let him. If people complain to you about the jersey, tell them the truth. You bought it before he decided it was a "good" idea to be stupid. You can't control the way an athlete behaves, but you can respect their on the field play.

I'd hold on to them and wait it out, but that's just me. You could try eBay, but you'd probably not get nearly as much as you paid. If you decide to go the eBay route and could use another Bucs jersey, I'd go with Freeman. That guys got serious potential; tall, good arm, good mobility.

25yzwqg.png

Just put them in the closet a while and wait it out. You've got Super Bowl winners as your reserves, so you can't go wrong by wearing those a while longer. Straight cash isn't going to feature you because you're wearing one of your franchise's greatest players (or do they now? Haven't been in a while, but I thought it was more Rasheed Wallace Hawks/Mike Piazza Marlins jersey territory.)

Honestly, stuff like this is why I only buy/customize for my teams' greatest players. If their retired number is flying in the ballpark/jersey hanging in the rafters, chances are in most cases it's a safe choice. And now I'm old enough that those were my favorites growing up anyway.

Your mistake was buying three of the same player. I'm weary of getting one jersey of a player I like even when it looks like he'll be around for awhile. I don't know what advice to give, uh, Sell two, keep one.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Keep them. You're not going to get much for them on Ebay, and you have a substantial investment in them.

If things take a positive turn with Talib's situation, you still have 3 authentic jerseys. If things stagnate or get worse, have them stripped and recustomized.

Or, if they're a size 48, you can donate them to me, I'll get them stripped and recustomized, and you can marvel at my new John Lynch, Mike Alstott, and Jeff Garcia jerseys. ^_^

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Maybe you can buy a Mean Machine Talib jersey when it comes out

Longest Yard FTW!

I agree with most people here. All my gear is team-specific, not player specific.

If I were to own a player-specific jersey, it would be for athletes like Michael Jordan, Barry Sanders, Jackie Robinson, etc...

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Thanks for the advice guys. I guess I'll hold on to them. Talib said he's innocent, but isn't 100% of prisoner innocent too :)

Here's my fav teams. TB Bucs, Celtics, Pirates (quit laughing), Penguins. Pens I stuck with 66 back in the day and 87 now. Pirates. I don't even wear my Giles stuff, but good news, I heard they're fielding a team this year ;)

Thanks again!

KISSwall09.jpg

Thanks for the input.

Keep it. It's a jersey that you paid for. It has no bearing on how you treat people. If he wants to be stupid, then let him. If people complain to you about the jersey, tell them the truth. You bought it before he decided it was a "good" idea to be stupid. You can't control the way an athlete behaves, but you can respect their on the field play.

Well, you could argue that point I bolded. "Talib has a history of bad behavior, including punching a cab driver and getting into a fight with another first-year player at the Rookie Symposium." He didn't have a great rep coming out of college, either.

It's where I sit.

Archived