Big East College Baseball Concepts

AnythingChicago

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's West Virginia. Yes, these are vests (even the navy blue one; it would be a vest with a navy undershirt opposed to one of a contrasting color.)

westiabaseball.png

And this is the last concept of the series, barring a huge increase in interest in this series all of the sudden. I'm gonna keep going. There has been a spark of interest, and I get bored sometimes. :P

25yzwqg.png

Not a fan of the grey logos, but otherwise, a major improvement of the ones they actually have now.

One suggestion I might have is to have a script logo on the Yellow alt, just for a change (which is what Alts are for anyhow, right?). And on a more out there idea which I'm not sure whether it'd work out or not, maybe try yellow pinstripes on the sleeves of the undershirts?

8VvwoNps.png

Did you actually consider using WVU's baseball logo? They've got a different stylized "WV" that doesn't look wholly different than the Yankees' "NY." Just a suggestion.

I do like the use of Athletic Gothic for the numerals. :)

This logo looks better than their baseball one IMO.

Also, I agree on the silver logos. Not enough contrast with the outline.

Thanks for the comments. I'm going to change the gray logos (that was a failed experiment). I will also try a script on the yellow alt, although I'm not a huge fan of the West Virginia cursive script on the home site, but I will try it. I did consider the logo the baseball team uses now, but I don't like it as much. Do you guys think I could use that on one of the alts or as a sleeve patch?

25yzwqg.png

The black numbers and letters on Cincinnati's red jerseys need a white outline. Numbers would be way too hard to read from a distance in real life.

I think the WVU set is a downgrade from what they currently wear. The team's current interlocking WV is such a unique logo, suited for baseball. The number font you used makes it look beer-league softball-ish, IMO. I hate that font on basketball, football, baseball, anything, so don't take it personally. I think using the current font on the football unis would be a huge improvement, plus connects the brand, especially if you are going to use the main WV logo.

And learn how to take constructive criticism. You get way too defensive and you kinda sound like a jackass sometimes.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Nice use of Joe Mazzulla, I woulda gone #5 White :P

I've been asking for these for awhile and this is my school so I'm going to give alot of feedback here...

I like the home white and the gray road uniforms (although I would add piping on the gray one)... not such a big fan of the bottom two though. I'd also consider using a different number font. Maybe either the current football or basketball numbers, just for giggles.

For the alternates I would write out either Mountaineers or West Virginia. Maybe WVU. And make them not vests just to make 'em a little different. Also don't use the gray WV logo, I'm not feeling that one. Make one of the WV's gold and have a gold brim perhaps.

I'm also a big fan of having a logo on the sleeve if you're going to wear a vest. Maybe consider using the Mountaineer statue logo. If you really wanna make it unique make him holding a bat rather than a rifle.

083107061441_mountaineer.jpg

Or maybe make a baseball version of this old school football logo here

Bottomline, don't give up just because people aren't giving you tons of feedback. I'd like to see more of yours in the future.

90758391980.gif

Yeah, I'd agree in avoiding the official cursive script if you can, but I still think some kind of script logo would be nice. And in reconsidering, maybe scrap the front numbers altogether. I don't mind the number font, but it does look a bit off on the front more I overlook it.

And I simply don't like the interlocking WV. If there was a way to update it a bit, sure, but the way it is now is WAY old school in the bad way. It reminds me of the super old, Black Sox era ChiSox logo. If it could be updated in a way that the Sox logo was, it could be damn good, but yeah.

8VvwoNps.png

I updated a few things above.

The black numbers and letters on Cincinnati's red jerseys need a white outline. Numbers would be way too hard to read from a distance in real life.

I think the WVU set is a downgrade from what they currently wear. The team's current interlocking WV is such a unique logo, suited for baseball. The number font you used makes it look beer-league softball-ish, IMO. I hate that font on basketball, football, baseball, anything, so don't take it personally. I think using the current font on the football unis would be a huge improvement, plus connects the brand, especially if you are going to use the main WV logo.

And learn how to take constructive criticism. You get way too defensive and you kinda sound like a jackass sometimes.

Thank you. I will take all of that into consideration. ;)

Do you know how I can incorporate the interlocking WV logo? I don't want it as a primary, but I'd like to incorporate it.

25yzwqg.png

The big update is really, really good. All 4 sets are solid. This might sound weird, but as much as I like the old-school WV logo and told you to keep it on there, I wouldn't be upset if you took it off. It's your concept, do what you want, and again, I like the updates. The gold alt really appeals to me.

Good job, man.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

The big update is really, really good. All 4 sets are solid. This might sound weird, but as much as I like the old-school WV logo and told you to keep it on there, I wouldn't be upset if you took it off. It's your concept, do what you want, and again, I like the updates. The gold alt really appeals to me.

Good job, man.

Thanks. And, actually, I'm coming to like the way that both logos are working in harmony. So the interlocking WV stays.

Also, I turned the logos right side up. I will start working on Syracuse, then Marquette eventually.

25yzwqg.png

Here's 'Cuse. I'm still trying to decide on what I should do with the sleeve logo. I'm thinking...

A. Block S.

B. Interlocking SU.

C. Orange dude.

D. Dome logo.

E. Nothing.

syracusebaseball.png

Hope you all like it; I'm not trying to blow you away here, just dazzle you slightly. :P C&C appreciated as always; don't forget to give your opinions on what I should do for the sleeve patch.

25yzwqg.png

Archived