2011 NHL Playoffs

NEW.ERA

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Caps are becoming the Sharks of the East. Its pretty sad to watch in alot of ways.

Meanwhile the Sharks may finally break through the glass celling, but they still have another round to play and if Roberto Luongo is on, I don't see anyone getting past Vancouver, but we shall see. It's not like the Canucks/Preds series is over either though.

Yeah, tonight's game is crucial. I'm not entirely confident in the Canucks chances even if they beat the Preds. I have a feeling Henrik is hurt,and the Sharks have given Vancouver a lot of trouble the last few years.

AV's inability to stop the team going into turtle mode and consequently blowing late game leads multiple times in the playoffs isn't thrilling me either.

Huh. They just said practically the same thing on the local radio station ;)

Quite possibly, its fairly obvious stuff. I mean, without stating the obvious, where would the internet be?

Nashville has little one to two minute blurp's per period where they get Vancouver scrambling, they just can't sustain the pressure long enough.

They need to jump out to a two goal lead in Vancouver other wise it's over. Pekka Rinne cannot do it all.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

For as good as the first round was this second round sure has been a snoozer. We could see three sweeps and a 5 game series. Let's hope the conference finals are a little more competitive.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Yeah, I really don't think the Preds have the offense to jump out to a 2-0 or 3-0 lead in a game. Maybe 1-0, but I just don't think the offensive firepower is there. They're consistently getting outshot.

When I was running my EHM FHL, we had a team sneak in to the 2nd round and then got consistently outshot and outplayed. That team was very similar to the Nashville team right now. Well i guess the only difference was that team was losing games 5-1.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

For as good as the first round was this second round sure has been a snoozer. We could see three sweeps and a 5 game series. Let's hope the conference finals are a little more competitive.

Although we're still overall seeing some good games. All of the games in the Tampa/Washington series did come down to the second half of the third period, the Sharks/Wings series has seen three one-goal games, and the Canucks/Preds series has been down to the end in all 4 games. Sure we could see three sweeps and a 5 game series, but outside of Philly/Boston, these games are actually competitive.

6fQjS3M.png

Seeing all the Canuck hatred from fans of teams who are unparallelled on the golf course is delightful.

Take that kind of talk over to the political thread, chump. This here is where we discuss the Canucks folding like a Chinese laundrywoman.

You're not talking like this so you can pull a "See I told ya, See!", if they flame out? :P

Well, arn't you changing your tune! :P

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Not really. I'm pulling for them, but keeping hopes and expectations low. But watching New.era there and various people on facebook drowning their sorrows every time the Canucks win a game is definitely keeping my spirits up.

I have one friend who cheered for the Blackhawks because Toews is from Winnipeg, and he's now a Predators fan because he likes Country music. I can only assume that by Sunday he'll be a Sharks fan because he once got a sniff of Pat Falloon's cousin's armpit at a rave in rural Manitoba.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Archived