2011 NHL Playoffs

NEW.ERA

Well Calgary Puck is a terrible site.

As the playoffs have gone along I have grown to accept that the Canucks actually might pull this off. I'll never cheer for them and of course i'm hoping for them to get beat, but if they do win at least the Flames and Nucks have one ring to be happy about.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know theres always the tin foil hatters that say he will.

Let me add to the previous statement: I think Colin Campbell should not have as much power as he does for 2 reasons: he is BAD at his job, plain and simple, and too many times could he run into this "conflict of interest" where he needs to hand over his job duties. Have a committee do it, and lay solid ground rules to it, and be done.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Go Vancouver. Boston has become unbearable ever since everyone became a bandwagoner because their teams didn't suck anymore.

Now yes, the most loyal of the Bruin fans don't really fall into that category (hockey is a different breed of fan) but I'm so fed up with Boston that I have to say screw them.

This, this, a million times this. And if the Bruins somehow win the Stanley Cup, we all know that the entire city of Boston will suddenly own Bruins sweaters and championship gear and know all the rules of hockey and pretend to be "a lifelong fan of the Bruins and hockey," when they didn't give a crap about it when the Red Sox, Pats, and Celtics were winning titles.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Go Vancouver. Boston has become unbearable ever since everyone became a bandwagoner because their teams didn't suck anymore.

Now yes, the most loyal of the Bruin fans don't really fall into that category (hockey is a different breed of fan) but I'm so fed up with Boston that I have to say screw them.

This, this, a million times this. And if the Bruins somehow win the Stanley Cup, we all know that the entire city of Boston will suddenly own Bruins sweaters and championship gear and know all the rules of hockey and pretend to be "a lifelong fan of the Bruins and hockey," when they didn't give a crap about it when the Red Sox, Pats, and Celtics were winning titles.

So what? In the grand and temporal scheme of things, let their fans or "fans" celebrate how they please.

And if the Canucks win, a ton of people will suddenly be "lifelong fans of the Canucks". Works both ways, chief.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Vancouver doesn't have Boston's front-running reputation.

And your evidence of "Boston's front-running reputation" is drawn from....

what the hell is ccslc?

I've never really seen Bruins fans as frontrunners...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Both teams have gone a combined 77 years without a title and outside of a little blip of success a few Cup appearances here and there. Both don't have that bruting powerhouse talk.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

And your evidence of "Boston's front-running reputation" is drawn from....

....the Red Sox and Patriots suddenly having a ton of fans nationally within the span of a decade.

I've never really seen Bruins fans as frontrunners...

The general Boston fan. Not necessarily the Bruins. I did say that hockey fans (Bruins) are definitely a different breed and that they're the most die-hard of die-hards.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

As I said a few pages back, the Bruins aren't really included in the Dan Shaughnessy/Bill Simmons/other asswipes tradition of making Boston sports a tedious exercise in self-loathing, affection-seeking, and all that crap about "New England's eternal Calvinist suffering" or whatever, so it's not fair to lump them in with what we nationally consider "goddamn annoying Boston sports." I can guarantee you nobody's going to write a column if they lose about how this just shows that God has determined that New England will forever till its rocky soil with no hope. They'll just blame Claude Julien.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

^^^

True. Especially the blaming Claude part.

Though I've already seen the barrage of Bruins t-shirts being worn about the central MA area.

Conversely, does someone actually think the entire populace of Vancouver won't do the same if they win their first Cup ever?

Even if it's just pride they won?

sig-1.png

So the pizza chain Boston Pizza (because when you think of Boston, the first thing that pops into your head is pizza, of course) is temporarily changing their name to "Vancouver" Pizza for the series.

Does this also mean that Tim Horton's is changing their name?

what the hell is ccslc?

Archived