When Worlds Collide. NBA on Hockey

BaltimoreNewYorkGirl

Well ive decided to go with the bird"s eye view logo for the offcial Heat logo on my concept. C&C still welcome through now.. its time for the wayback machine to 1776. when The American"s fought the British. and times were simpler

Philadelphia 76ers

I wanted a classy look here. no real oddites. I decided not to try and do a hockey puck with the logo. the script with the 13 stars (basketball removed) looked good. I also took Robert Morris"s logo as a Alternate. I dont think they would mind. and a 2nd alternate logo with the 76 inside the Stars. nothing to fancy here. on the jerseys. I stayed simple Red. White and Blue. with no NOB (going for a classy look) . White home with red white and blue triming. red away with blue and white triming and stuff. and a Red White and Blue patriotic alternate with the RM minuteman logo on it. the 76 inside the star logo is used as a shoulder patch. Stayed classy and fun. hope you like

Logos

256hi8m.png

Uniforms

2jayekw.png

C&C please

wrb141.jpgnbahoopscardszxzx01.png

BaltimoreNewYorkGirl.png

Im Abby.. nice to meet you

Go Os. Capitals. Mets. Ravens. Rangers. Knicks. Butler Bulldogs. Maryland. Kevin Harvick.

I hate the YANKEESS

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think you need to stop for a while and focus on improving your skills rather than cranking out concept after concept that look...well, terrible in all honesty. Quality over quantity. If you admit you have no artistic talent, maybe you should just admire concepts, not try to make them.

I think you need to stop for a while and focus on improving your skills rather than cranking out concept after concept that look...well, terrible in all honesty. Quality over quantity. If you admit you have no artistic talent, maybe you should just admire concepts, not try to make them.

This.

You didn't even change the colors on Robert Morris' logo, and yes, they would mind if the Sixers actually used it. And once again, you didn't fill in the home jersey in the same way you did the road jersey. Either color in all the side panels or don't color in any of them - not that the one colored-side-panel design you've used for every team looks good or anything. Are the back numbers supposed to be stretched horizontally? Also, if you're going for NHL realism, you have to have a NOB. Finally, I don't even know what to say to that exercise in cubism you call an alternate jersey there.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Take a look around at other concepts. Nobody's telling you that you need custom logos. I've been working on concepts for years and still can't do that (though I'm attempting haha). If you really like doing this then by all means, just refrain from posting. They take a while, and there's a reason why the best ones look so clean. Just observe others' work and learn.

As for these, the hockey jerseys look nothing like hockey jerseys. While that is unique, it isn't necessarily good. Keep trying

Manchester-City-icon.png

Here's a Magic/NHL crossover I started but never finished. Hopefully it'll spark some inspiration.

orlandonhllogo.png

orlandonhl1.png

Note that while I kept the general gist of the Magic's look, I made some tweaks that made it work better with hockey - ditching the black because BFBS hasn't caught on in hockey like it has in basketball. Substantial tweaks like mine are what people expect to see from a crossover concept, instead of just pasting a logo on a template and calling it a day.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

You didn't even change the colors on Robert Morris' logo, and yes, they would mind if the Sixers actually used it. And once again, you didn't fill in the home jersey in the same way you did the road jersey. Either color in all the side panels or don't color in any of them - not that the one colored-side-panel design you've used for every team looks good or anything. Are the back numbers supposed to be stretched horizontally? Also, if you're going for NHL realism, you have to have a NOB. Finally, I don't even know what to say to that exercise in cubism you call an alternate jersey there.

well I tried changing the colors on the Robert Morris logo. but both the blue and red looked horrible . and yeah. and what can I do with the side panels better? besides the one color design. and I tried to stetch the number do to no NOB. and be classy. but I guess I can add both. and yeah I thought the alternate would get critisim. but I tried it anyway

Take a look around at other concepts. Nobody's telling you that you need custom logos. I've been working on concepts for years and still can't do that (though I'm attempting haha). If you really like doing this then by all means, just refrain from posting. They take a while, and there's a reason why the best ones look so clean. Just observe others' work and learn.

As for these, the hockey jerseys look nothing like hockey jerseys. While that is unique, it isn't necessarily good. Keep trying

Well when Im putting these logos here. I dont want the them to look like basketball logos. I want to look more like hockey logos. and I dont want to take months to work one damn concept. I have so many ideas. I want to make them. . I try. but I cant get anything but crap

Here's a Magic/NHL crossover I started but never finished. Hopefully it'll spark some inspiration.

orlandonhl1.png

Note that while I kept the general gist of the Magic's look, I made some tweaks that made it work better with hockey - ditching the black because BFBS hasn't caught on in hockey like it has in basketball. Substantial tweaks like mine are what people expect to see from a crossover concept, instead of just pasting a logo on a template and calling it a day.

that"s very good. but I cant create logos that well. so all I can do is paste logos. and maybe tweak them a bit. im not sure what tweaks work. ive only been concept making for a few months. but Im trying alest.

thanks for C&C. I appreciate you guys taking the time to tell me my mistakes

BaltimoreNewYorkGirl.png

Go Os. Capitals. Mets. Ravens. Rangers. Knicks. Butler Bulldogs. Maryland. Kevin Harvick.

I hate the YANKEESS

The reason it's crap is because you aren't taking time. You'll have to sacrifice quantity for quality

I dont wanna take a month on a concept. I spend a few days on each concept. I dont how it takes a month to make the concept perfect. im sorry guys, I have so many creative ideas. Im sorry guys.

and I dont have much to work with a blank template. and the concepts Im making. I cant draw stips or panels or bars well. they look horrible. im just explaning my creative standpoint.. guys.. I dont have alot of room

BaltimoreNewYorkGirl.png

I hate the YANKEESS

The reason it's crap is because you aren't taking time. You'll have to sacrifice quantity for quality

I cant draw stips or panels or bars well. they look horrible. im just explaning my creative standpoint.. guys.. I dont have alot of room

Learn...

Again, you're not listening to any criticism. The colored-in side panels look ugly, the NOB is beyond sloppy, the crest is off-center, the collars don't match, and you really didn't spend that much time on the update.

on the side panels. the road jersey will look horrible without colored side panels. so thats why I had the side panels on the home white to begin with.. the NOB i had to create from scratch because you guys said you wanted straight name panels instead of curved. god. this stuff is hard. I just dont get it.

BaltimoreNewYorkGirl.png

I hate the YANKEESS

What you could do is download a program called Inkscape (which is free) and then watch these tutorials. You won't be a master concept artist just by watching it; obviously you'll need to practice a lot. but it should give you a starting point to develop your skills.

Tutorials

What you could do is download a program called Inkscape (which is free) and then watch these tutorials. You won't be a master concept artist just by watching it; obviously you'll need to practice a lot. but it should give you a starting point to develop your skills.

Tutorials

crashes my computer when I try to download it. I think I explained that earlier in the theard. but hey. Ill explain it again. all I have is paint.

BaltimoreNewYorkGirl.png

I hate the YANKEESS

Tutorials

crashes my computer when I try to download it. I think I explained that earlier in the theard. but hey. Ill explain it again. all I have is paint.

What exactly happens when you try to download it?

3535rx3.jpg

Alright, i've been observing this for a while, and wow this is insane. My biggest piece of advice is:

TRY.

Seriously, everytime somebody gives you a good suggestion, you respond with "it would look horrible" or " i cant do it." Well, the only way to find out is to do it. TRY drawing something. Show it to us. There are incredible designers here that WILL help. Nobody was an expert the first time they opened MS paint.

And regardless of whether or not you want to, you have to spend more time on concepts. Not 'months' but at least a day or two or even three. if you dont, well, it will like like :censored:

please take this advice

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

Tutorials

What exactly happens when you try to download it?

my computer completley locks up. and I have to restart it to fix the problem

BaltimoreNewYorkGirl.png

I hate the YANKEESS

Archived