When Worlds Collide. NBA on Hockey

BaltimoreNewYorkGirl

Alright, i've been observing this for a while, and wow this is insane. My biggest piece of advice is:

TRY.

Seriously, everytime somebody gives you a good suggestion, you respond with "it would look horrible" or " i cant do it." Well, the only way to find out is to do it. TRY drawing something. Show it to us. There are incredible designers here that WILL help. Nobody was an expert the first time they opened MS paint.

And regardless of whether or not you want to, you have to spend more time on concepts. Not 'months' but at least a day or two or even three. if you dont, well, it will like like :censored:

please take this advice

I get what you mean. but when I get bad critisim. I tend to take it to heart a little bit to much. I feel that no matter how hard I try. all I get it it"s sloppy or you didnt do that or remove that. it frustrates me so much (nothing agaist you guys. your guys are great designers. and critics) it just makes me frustrated. I fell that the limitatations of paint make me inferior to you people who use Photoshop or Inkscape or SVG. I try so hard. but all I seem to get is crap. and yeah I see what you mean by spending more times. but my untrained eye that sees something as good. I find out has 90 diffrent mistakes in it.

im really want help. I do. please. I wanna be good at this.

wrb141.jpgnbahoopscardszxzx01.png

BaltimoreNewYorkGirl.png

Im Abby.. nice to meet you

Go Os. Capitals. Mets. Ravens. Rangers. Knicks. Butler Bulldogs. Maryland. Kevin Harvick.

I hate the YANKEESS

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What you could do is download a program called Inkscape (which is free) and then watch these tutorials. You won't be a master concept artist just by watching it; obviously you'll need to practice a lot. but it should give you a starting point to develop your skills.

Tutorials

crashes my computer when I try to download it. I think I explained that earlier in the theard. but hey. Ill explain it again. all I have is paint.

What exactly happens when you try to download it?

my computer completley locks up. and I have to restart it to fix the problem

Download Paint.net or Gimp then.

If all you have is Paint (and that is what a lot of artists have to work with as well), then check this thread out. It has a whole bunch of templates and numbers that Paint users can have an easy time with. For the numbers and names, just cut, paste, and re-color. If you use a template that's already colored in, just use the fill tool to re-color it. These are really good resources for beginners.

What you could do is download a program called Inkscape (which is free) and then watch these tutorials. You won't be a master concept artist just by watching it; obviously you'll need to practice a lot. but it should give you a starting point to develop your skills.

Tutorials

crashes my computer when I try to download it. I think I explained that earlier in the theard. but hey. Ill explain it again. all I have is paint.

What type of computer?

3535rx3.jpg

Tutorials

What type of computer?

2009 Dell Laptop

but dont try helping to fix the problem. I dont want it fixed. sorry man

BaltimoreNewYorkGirl.png

Go Os. Capitals. Mets. Ravens. Rangers. Knicks. Butler Bulldogs. Maryland. Kevin Harvick.

I hate the YANKEESS

If all you have is Paint (and that is what a lot of artists have to work with as well), then check this thread out. It has a whole bunch of templates and numbers that Paint users can have an easy time with. For the numbers and names, just cut, paste, and re-color. If you use a template that's already colored in, just use the fill tool to re-color it. These are really good resources for beginners.

thanks. Ill check that out.

BaltimoreNewYorkGirl.png

I hate the YANKEESS

the NOB i had to create from scratch because you guys said you wanted straight name panels instead of curved.

http://eriqjaffe.50webs.com/

crashes my computer when I try to download it.

Translation: "I'm too lazy to try that suggestion." Come on, do you really expect us to believe that everything crashes your computer?

It does (while I havent tried in a few days. and before that I hadent tried in a few months. but I also have no desire to use anything but paint. and cool about the font site

BaltimoreNewYorkGirl.png

I hate the YANKEESS

but I also have no desire to use anything but paint.

I don't know what you want then. You ask for C&C, you get it, but make no attempt to adhere to those suggestions. You say you feel inferior to others because of software disadvantages, but you have no desire to remedy the situation? You're going in circles in terms of progress. You'll never improve if you continue to stay in your "safe-zone" of concepts.

Making concepts are supposed to be hard if you want to make a good one.

OttawaSenators.png

I don't know what you want then. You ask for C&C, you get it, but make no attempt to adhere to those suggestions. You say you feel inferior to others because of software disadvantages, but you have no desire to remedy the situation? You're going in circles in terms of progress. You'll never improve if you continue to stay in your "safe-zone" of concepts.

I get that. yes I know I have gone around in circles. but I feel most comfortable in paint is what im saying. its my safe zone. but I have a extremly creative idea for the Hornets concept I plan to do after the 76ers (I plan to go in a 1 West. 2 East pattern in terms on teams im doing) but with the Sixers. Jazz and Heat. I didnt see anything but classy jerseys I could make. any ideas on how to get out of the safe zone? in circles?? just asking man

BaltimoreNewYorkGirl.png

I hate the YANKEESS

Well ive decided to go with the bird"s eye view logo for the offcial Heat logo on my concept. C&C still welcome through now.. its time for the wayback machine to 1776. when The American"s fought the British. and times were simpler

Philadelphia 76ers

I wanted a classy look here. no real oddites. I decided not to try and do a hockey puck with the logo. the script with the 13 stars (basketball removed) looked good. I also took Robert Morris"s logo as a Alternate. I dont think they would mind. and a 2nd alternate logo with the 76 inside the Stars. nothing to fancy here. on the jerseys. I stayed simple Red. White and Blue. with no NOB (going for a classy look) . White home with red white and blue triming. red away with blue and white triming and stuff. and a Red White and Blue patriotic alternate with the RM minuteman logo on it. the 76 inside the star logo is used as a shoulder patch. Stayed classy and fun. hope you like

Logos

256hi8m.png

Uniforms

2jayekw.png

C&C please

updated. I think the uniforms are getting better but of course its your Critisim that matters. update includs updated NOB. removal of Shoulder Patches (looked bad anyway. and a try to unifry style design (white side panels for home) grey for away. the colors are to do. cause they can look gawdy. but im trying guys.. im trying

BaltimoreNewYorkGirl.png

I hate the YANKEESS

You need to stop making updates every ten minutes, plus your not listening to what people are saying, they are trying to help you. If you don't want to use inkscape, then please take a few days or a week and at least master MS Paint. I don't mean to be rude here but you've only been here 4 days and your are averaging 34 comments a day. Relax. Slow down. And Please take you time on your next concept. Before you post it look it over and make another draft then another, and another. Keep doing that until you feel the work is flawless, then post it. Look it over and please at least use Paint tutorial unimaniac posted.

3535rx3.jpg

You need to stop making updates every ten minutes, plus your not listening to what people are saying, they are trying to help you. If you don't want to use inkscape, then please take a few days or a week and at least master MS Paint. I don't mean to be rude here but you've only been here 4 days and your are averaging 34 comments a day. Relax. Slow down. And Please take you time on your next concept. Before you post it look it over and make another draft then another, and another. Keep doing that until you feel the work is flawless, then post it. Look it over and please at least use Paint tutorial unimaniac posted.

The tutorials are FOR INKSCAPE man. I cant use them. and im going to take more time on my Hornets concept because I have a idea of putting a stinging hornet"s tail on the side"s of the arms. but ill need to work on that. I am making updates every ten minutes becuase I in my knowledge think it looks perfect. but I find out that I did wrong. im having trouble translating that to the concept making board. I try to do what you guys mention. but I seem to mess it up everytime and it makes me so pissed off. I am trying. but nothing seems to come out good. im sure when you started you know how I fell. im trying so hard. but nothing seems to come out good (yes I know im impatient with making these. but I trying to get into it. and develop my skills. so Im making concepts quickly and fast. im just trying to explain tha tim trying. i dont really know flawless when I see it in my work. I dont know when it"s completly good. im sorry man. im just trying to explain.

BaltimoreNewYorkGirl.png

I hate the YANKEESS

I get that. yes I know I have gone around in circles. but I feel most comfortable in paint is what im saying. its my safe zone. but I have a extremly creative idea for the Hornets concept I plan to do after the 76ers (I plan to go in a 1 West. 2 East pattern in terms on teams im doing) but with the Sixers. Jazz and Heat. I didnt see anything but classy jerseys I could make. any ideas on how to get out of the safe zone? in circles?? just asking man

Biggest tip on how to get out of your "safe zone" is to change programs. I used to be comfortable in paint, just like you. I was scared to swtich programs because i thought it would be too hard. Then I finally decided to swtich to Photoshop. Yeah, I was lost in it for a while, and I even considered changing back, but I stuck with it. I practiced it, watched tutorial videos, and wasn't afraid to screw up. My Paint concepts sucked. My first few Photoshop concepts sucked a little bit less. Now my concepts don't suck (at least in quality :P ) It may be scary, but you've either gotta get AMAZING at Paint or use a different program.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

I know you're saying it's hard for you to make your own lines, but just use the line tool to make a straight line. All of your jerseys look the same

ehh. I see what you mean

BaltimoreNewYorkGirl.png

I hate the YANKEESS

Paint User Paradise 2.0 is NOT for inkscape. It's for PAINT man. Also apoligizing after ever post is getting annoying. And yeah when I first started out here I rushed through my first concept I believe it was a mlb concept I went through like 17 teams in 3 days or something people told me to slow it down and perfect one at a time ever little detail so what did I do? I stopped went back to the drawing board and spent a few weeks learning and perfecting the basics.

3535rx3.jpg

ive decided to try and download Inkscape once more. so far it"s looking good

EDIT: IT WORKED THIS TIME. IVE DOWNLOADED INKSCAPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND installed it. will begin fiddling with it tomorrow

BaltimoreNewYorkGirl.png

I hate the YANKEESS

LOL, inkscape is so intimidating at first. This should be interesting

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

Archived