Logolympiag: Event #3

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Don't know if this'll count as an entry, but at least we'll all get a big laugh out of it...

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you Strong Badia court...

while very funny, vic, i don't think the strong badia entry should count....i have the impression that this is a pretty serious contest, and the comedy value of an entry like that could sway the voting......

but, that's for winters in buffalo to decide.

I agree.... very funny vic. Excellent creativity... well done.

That said, I think we should keep this contest to REAL countries, no joke entries.

While I appreciate it a lot... I dont think it gets voted on.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Well, here goes nothing...

Here's a court for Iraq based on their new flag. I THINK the arabic I have on the court says "Iraq" but I'm not 100% sure. I apologize if it is incorrect, don't mean to offend anybody. I made the blue darker than the images we've seen, since supposedly it's a darker blue.

iraq_court.jpg

Very sweet stuff, hriv...

it is a terriffic representation of their new flag. Here is hoping that by the time we vote on these designs, that is still the flag!

My only question: where are all the US troops? shouldn't there be a base right behind the cresent moon? :D

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

here is mine, the republic of the philippines:

philippines_bball.gif

the center court logo is the logo of the Philippine Basketball Association.

edit: by the way, this is post 1500 for me! :woot:

Well, the Strongbadia thing went over like a half-lead balloon. It was fun, anyway. Here's my real entry, Japan...

japanbasketballcourt1.gif

I coated the thing in red spots (okay, only three) and made one into a basketball. I looked for a decent Japanese symbol that I could understand, but to no avail. I like how inside the three-point line looks like a flag, yet has a college feel to it.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Here's my entry for the Israeli National Team.

EDIT - Far Nokia logo now correct - thanks to Mockba for pointing it out.

IsraelNationalCourt.gif

Just some info:

-On the center court logo, the words are "Eretz Yisrael" which means "Land of Israel"

-On the sidelines, the words are "Cadoor-Sal shell Eretz Yisrael" translated literally to "Basketball of the Land of Israel".... I tried to move away from doing what Braden already did with the text ISRAEL in hebrew and english plus the flag.

-Maccabi Tel Aviv plays in Nokia Arena, so I sorta used that venue and made a simple new logo for the arena... I tried to make it look sorta like a hybrid between the MSG logo and the Nokia logo (plus the Magen David of course).

I may end up editing this a bit... probably the sidelines. Or maybe not.

"The true New Yorker secretly believes that anyone living anywhere else has got to be, in some sense, kidding."

You might want to fix the far sideline's arena logo... rotate, don't flip. ;)

[Edit: Oops, I meant sideline, not baseline.]

[Edit 2: Nice jeorb!]

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Look at this! An entry from MKB! Fittingly, it's for Russia, the Palace of Sport in Moscow, which is a real place (I looked it up!). The logo at the middle is the logo for the Russian Basketball Federation, rotationally copied.

03%20-%20Russia%20court.png

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Archived