2011 NBA Playoffs

Rockstar Matt

In some non-playoffs related news, Chris Broussard broke on his twitter account that Cleveland, Detroit and Minnesota are tossing around a 3-way trade.

Cleveland gets: Rip Hamilton (using their trade exception) and 2nd pick in the upcoming draft

Detroit gets: cap relief via Cleveland

Minnesota gets: 4th pick (Cleveland) and 8th pick (Detroit)

If the proposed deal were to be finalized, Cleveland would then select Kyrie Irving and Derrick Williams first and second, respectively.

"The true New Yorker secretly believes that anyone living anywhere else has got to be, in some sense, kidding."

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No -- well, yes, but this particular deal would mostly be stupid for Detroit. Is cap relief worth a top-10 pick and some production out of Hamilton (not that he has any future value with them)? With a potential lockout coming? Highly doubtful. For Minnesota the question becomes whether Kanter or Williams is worth passing on the next-best draftee as well as the 8th pick, which still holds a lot of value even in a down year. I can see that being a good tradeoff. Nonetheless, this would be incredible for Cleveland. I would take Kanter over Williams, but either way, this is a steal if they pull it off.

Mavs in six.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I want the Mavs, and I predict in six.

But if the Heat win the title, I will not watch the NBA next season.

----

Another point, while I don't mind the start time here in the Pacific Time Zone, a 9 PM EST start? Seriously? That seems just a bit ridiculous for the right coasters.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Did this always have a link? I first saw it on a tablet so I might have missed it. I take back my other post.

Another point, while I don't mind the start time here in the Pacific Time Zone, a 9 PM EST start? Seriously? That seems just a bit ridiculous for the right coasters.

I bet you didn't care about us when it was C's-Lakers! :P

I bet you didn't care about us when it was C's-Lakers! :P

Not one bit. Nope! :P

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

I'm a right-coaster, and I don't have a problem with it. The game will end at what, 11:30? Around midnight at the latest? That's not very late. And like you hinted at, it's so that west-coasters can catch the whole game too.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

I'm a little bummed about the loss, but encouraged by the Mavs fight. I don't see Dallas having this bad of a shooting/rebounding night the entire series. We'll see.

Agreed. I'm looking forward to seeing how the Mavericks respond.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

I'm a little bummed about the loss, but encouraged by the Mavs fight. I don't see Dallas having this bad of a shooting/rebounding night the entire series. We'll see.

Agreed. I'm looking forward to seeing how the Mavericks respond.

That, and I have game 5 tickets in hand. Of course I'd rather have the Mavericks win the series period, but I'd also like to check off a box in my personal bucket list.

newsig.jpg

Archived