Random soccer concepts (II)

chestnutz

I really like this one, jagged edges and all. I really wish that they would've gone more of the red and light blue route.

Also both of your other concepts are gorgeous.

I'll second this. I couldn't have said it any better.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

#4 New York Cosmos (expansion)

This one is a bit different, as the team doesn't really exist. Pele bought the rights to own the club, with Eric Cantona in there as a director of operations, and they're hoping to join the MLS sometime soon. So I figure why not give the Cosmos a facelift?

The logo maintains the same elements, with some clear differences. I focused a bit more on green here, for two reasons. Their home uniform really focuses on green, and with a focus on navy it looked too much like the Galaxy (which, ironically, is kind of America's team if they had one, right now, as the Cosmos were in the 70s)

Kits are super simple for such a classic team. White with green trim, to harken back to the good old Pele days on the home, and on the away I went with a navy and yellow mix, which the team used as their away in the 80s (while in the 70s they used just an all green flip flop of the home). Above the name on the back is two stars and 1971, the year the club started with the NASL.

Sponsor is Pfizer, a pharmacy, which is headquartered in NYC and Pele has done work with before.

New-York.png

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

That is one of the best soccer concepts I've ever seen. I love everything about it. The only thing that disappoints me about it is that something like it would never see the field since a Cosmos MLS team would be forced to wear some three-stripe Adidas monstrosity.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I like this series, great work. Gotta echo the others on the jagged stripes. It just looks poorly-rendered. My only other complaint is that Pfizer is a bit hard to read on the Cosmos' white kit. Yellow on white hurts my eyes.

Great work!

The Cosmos look great. Clean and simple. My only suggestion is to get rid of the NikeFIT logo on the jersey...don't think Umbro would go along with that happy.gif

ooops! :rolleyes:

thanks for the kind words all. not sure what team to do next.

spacer.png

Dude this series = fan-freaking-tastic.

If your not sure who to do next, how about my boys, the reds? Toronto

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Cosmos turned out great...top notch!

Keep 'em coming...wouldn't mind seeing New England, Columbus, Colorado, or the Galaxy.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

Here we go with #5, Toronto FC

I recently just went to Toronto, and had never really taken a good look at Toronto FC's kits before that. I fell in love with their home and away shirts though, they look great on TV but even better up close, with nice subtle details.

So I tried to incorporate those into my concept, but more on that in a sec. For the colors, I got rid of one of the two grays they use. I did a lot of research on what the fans like, and there's no consensus on whether they should just be red and white, or keep the gray because it's so unique. They definitely wanted to get rid of the TWO grays though, so I kept the darker one. I edited the crest to fit the new colors, and got rid of the drop shadows on the TORONTO text to simplify it.

Kept the Liverpool all-red, it's unique to the MLS for the most part. I really like the gray sleeves they currently use, but fans prefer just plain red. They used to go crazy with accents using the two grays, but I toned that down a bit here, using it slightly on the sleeves. Onto the details: my favorite part of the current shirt, and something I hadn't noticed before holding it in the store, was the maple leaf that was made using those meshy clima-cool holes in the middle of the chest. So I used that here, and on the back of the shirt is "ALL FOR ONE," the team's motto.

The away is largely the same, without the sleeve accents and light stripes instead (which adidas has made use of a lot recently). Toronto fans hated the gray away jersey, and they really seem to like the new white away, so I used that here, making more use of the graphite instead of red.

Oh, and you'll also notice I've slightly changed my presentation template, giving more close-ups of what's going on in the jerseys.

Have at it!

Toronto.png

spacer.png

Beautiful. I really like how the red and charcoal work together. It's a really unique color scheme and it looks great. The designs are solid too. They're simple, but they look very good. I like the sublimated stripes on the road, and the Clima Cool maple leaf is really sweet (obviously credit to adidas on that one).

I like the updated version so far. Looking forward to more MLS teams to come.

I'm not sure if you've done it on purpose/preference, but you are using the 90s MLS logo instead of the current one.

heh, can't believe I didn't catch that. Will use that one from now on. I've got the Revs done, but I'll wait a bit to post them.

spacer.png

Okay, would still like some more comments on Toronto, but here's #6 New England Revolution

Hate their current logo, always have. Abysmal in this day and age where teams (LA, Seattle, Portland) are starting to rebrand their looks for the more modern look. So that's what I did with their crest. It's not too different than other Revolution concepts, with the tri-hat and stars and stripes. I think it's a perfect evolution of their logo now though, keeping most of the elements in tact.

On the kits, I went a little patriotic crazy. I know the home jersey kind of looks like Dallas, but I've got a different idea for Dallas' kits in this series. On each red stripe is the Declaration of Independence sublimated on it. Obviously no use from far away, but it's a nice little trinket people who bought the jersey would have. On the away I went the "stars" route to the home's "stripes." Basic navy jersey with some stars on it, but not too crazy.

That's it!

New-England-Revolution.png

spacer.png

Wow, I'm really digging the new crest for New England. Very Colonial type feel. I like the shape of the top of the crest - not something you see too often. And the sublimated stars on the aways is a nice touch.

As far as NY Cosmos and Toronto FC - 2 outstanding jobs once again. For Toronto FC, is there not another sponsor that would fit them? I know BMO is a very large Canadian Bank...but it's still odd to see the Bank of Montreal logo on a Toronto uni.

gYH2mW9.png

Wow, I'm really digging the new crest for New England. Very Colonial type feel. I like the shape of the top of the crest - not something you see too often. And the sublimated stars on the aways is a nice touch.

As far as NY Cosmos and Toronto FC - 2 outstanding jobs once again. For Toronto FC, is there not another sponsor that would fit them? I know BMO is a very large Canadian Bank...but it's still odd to see the Bank of Montreal logo on a Toronto uni.

Yeah I know, but that's what they use now.

Thanks!

spacer.png

Thanks for taking a stab at TFC. Looks great. I'm a huge fan of the current red kit, like you mentioned I really like the grey sleeves.

Your version of the white is amazing, but more than the look you've got going on here (which I love) the badge is what really sticks out to me. You eliminated the crazy b.s. with the 2-tone grey and made it look about a thousand times better.

To boot, your Revs revamp has taken the most boring look to one of the best. Please keep this going.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

#7 Los Angeles Galaxy

Would've liked more than 2 comments on my full rebrand of NE, but alas, the show must go on! (and I'm leaving for two weeks tomorrow so I figured I'd toss this up here)

Here's another team someone suggested, the Galaxy. They have my favorite crest in the league right now, I love their overall look. I would love it even more if I didn't see a Beckham jersey at every sporting goods store I went to. But I also really liked their old, green and yellow color scheme, as it would bring a welcomed uniqueness to the MLS. I counted up team's color schemes, and pretty much half of the league uses navy. That's ridiculous to me. Only two teams (Portland, Seattle) use green.

So I recolored their crest to fit this new color scheme of dark green and two different shades of gold. They had "their" look figured out in the pre-Beckham days, and it was a shame to just see them throw it out for the arrival of one player. The yellow jersey with green sash was a classic, instantly recognizable. So I brought that back with a slight change, threw their nickname inside the collar, and went with the ManU chevron on the all-white away (which they rocked back in the day).

Los-Angeles.png

spacer.png

Archived