Denver Sports Makeover

dbroncofan01

For this serries I will be creating new looks for the citys four major leagues(NFL,NBA,NHL and MLB) pro teams. If enough people like this set then I may do other citys.

First up is the Rockies. For the Rockies I put an emphasis on purple and designed a new logo and wordmark as I feel their current marks are cluttered and outdated. I know the the wordmark and numbers still need a little work, but I wanted to get everyones opinions and suggestions before I make changes. Lets hear it

ROXLOGOS.png

ROXHOME.png

ROXAWAY.png

ROXALT.png

ROXSUN.png

Broncos-Sig-2.gif

About the only thing I like is the increased use of purple. The wordmark and fonts aren't anything special. Try something that looks a little more western. The C with the baseball in it sort of reminds me of pac-man. I would suggest trying to work in a mountain theme somehow. Overall I would say this a pretty substantial downgrade.

crsig.jpgnsig.jpg

I like the creativity of the logo. I know what you were going for with the 'C' of the Colorado state flag, but it doesn't remind me of Pac-man. It reminds me of the Cubs. That the only reason it wouldn't work IMO, but it's very sharp. The font is, meh. I would go with a more italic font. I'm not a fan of wordmarks on sleeves. Overall, the uniforms are boring. Maybe include some piping or improve the font like mentioned earlier. A lot of potential though. One more nitpick: The name on back clearly not be executed well with the white between the letters. Get rid of that to make it look cleaner. Overall, very good start.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

So you changed it to a font that looks like the Pirates? What does that font have to do with Colorado and or the Rockies?

Do you love the NL Central? Cubs...Pirates...I'm guessing an Astros-themed Rockies concept is next.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

A step in the right direction but the mountains lack a little detail for my taste. Also, the font still isn't quite right, although it is an improvement. The black script on purple may be kind of hard to read, maybe make it the silver outlined in black. Same with the purple on the black jersey

crsig.jpgnsig.jpg

I love the logo, great tie-in to the state flag. That font on the last update is brutal on the eyes though. The NOB font is nice, but the wordmark font is just too boxy and choppy.

87Redskins.png

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the long delay guys. I started this concept so I might as well finish it. First up is the Avs. For the Avs I wanted to give them a more traditional template and make blue more prominent in the uniform. Although if I had my way I would probably just bring back the original unis. I also posted a rough draft of the Nuggets concept Im working on. Its still a work in progress but I fugured I would get everyones opinion first. CC always welcome.

AVSHOME-1.png

AVSAWAY-1.png

NUGGETS.png

Broncos-Sig-2.gif

Think the Avs would look better with blue or maroon pants, never been a fan of the black.

Not a fan of the Nugs. Pretty dull, would prefer a stripe on the side. Also, if you are going to go back to those colors add back in the red.

crsig.jpgnsig.jpg

Archived