2011NCAA Football Thread

Gary

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wondering whos crazier on this page, Will or spleen. Going with Spleen

Nah, I'm still gonna go with Will, because I feel like his rantings about how the SEC is supposedly above the law have carried over and still beat anything Spleen's said.

I didn't say anything about Arizona. I'm still not even sure if we'll finish above .500 this year.

So then what was so bad about Oregon Texas A&M?

Like I said, this is not set in stone. I also put in Alabama and Wisconsin as teams that could make it. Oregon and Texas A&M could miss all together.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

I didn't say anything about Arizona. I'm still not even sure if we'll finish above .500 this year.

Because I don't see Oregon winning the Pac-12 and I don't see A&M winning the Big 12. A&M is not a consistent powerhouse and they will lose to Oklahoma this year, and Stanford will win the Pac-12 North.

Because I don't see Oregon winning the Pac-12 and I don't see A&M winning the Big 12. A&M is not a consistent powerhouse and they will lose to Oklahoma this year, and Stanford will win the Pac-12 North.

Stanford lost way too many weapons, especially on the lines. Plus they lost Harbough. Andrew Luck can't do everything. Oklahoma does worse the higher they're ranked to start the season. This is going based off the fact that Oklahoma never performs up to where they're supposed to. Did anyone see Oregon vs Auburn last year?

Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Yeah, I saw Oregon failing to finish the job for the second year in a row. When it comes to the big stage they choke, but that's not going to be an issue since the Pac-12 CCG this year is probably going to be Stanford beating ASU.

Yeah, I saw Oregon failing to finish the job for the second year in a row. When it comes to the big stage they choke, but that's not going to be an issue since the Pac-12 CCG this year is probably going to be Stanford beating ASU.

They went to the National Championship in 2010 also?

I was talking about the Rose Bowl. How did you not get that?

Well the ultimate "job" for Oregon is the National Championship. I still don't know how Stanford wins the North. The Pac-12 is Oregon's to lose.

I'm sure if Notre Dame went undefeated they'd be getting very serious attention for a national title bid...

Not with that weak schedule. I'm sorry, only one ranked team? Why not go to Alabama or to LSU or to Florida State? Oh, that's right, because they'd rather host South Florida or play neutral to Army.

Tell me, would you rather have a 12-1 and Big Ten champ Michigan or a 12-0 not champ of anything Notre Dame?

I'm by no means saying ND's going anywhere (more would I want them to), but I'm saying if they went 12-0, they'd get major national attention just for their name. Can't write all the independents off haha

Manchester-City-icon.png

Oregon's just not that good? Andrew Luck's the best player in college football? That's how they win the North.

If you honestly think that, you don't pay attention to college football. One player does not make a team (well, except for Cam Newton I guess, but he had better than average running backs).

Oregon's just not that good? Andrew Luck's the best player in college football? That's how they win the North.

If you honestly think that, you don't pay attention to college football. One player does not make a team (well, except for Cam Newton I guess, but he had better than average running backs).

Yes, I do. Just about everyone on the Ducks' schedule has now seen their offense they really kicked into motion last year. The other teams will have a better chance to beat an above-average team this year.

6fQjS3M.png

Yes, I do. Just about everyone on the Ducks' schedule has now seen their offense they really kicked into motion last year. The other teams will have a better chance to beat an above-average team this year.

Everyone's seen Stanford's offense. Everyone's seen Oklahoma's offense. Everyone's seen Boise's offense. Honestly, that's a really stupid argument.

No, it's not. The hype around Oregon, which turned out to be nothing but hot air, was that their offense was revolutionary and that no one knew how to figure it out. Now everyone's seen it. There are ways to counter it, as Auburn demonstrated.

Plus, Chip Kelly's probably going to resign mid-season because he's a cheater and he knows the Ducks are going to be in serious trouble with the NCAA.

No, it's not. The hype around Oregon, which turned out to be nothing but hot air, was that their offense was revolutionary and that no one knew how to figure it out. Now everyone's seen it. There are ways to counter it, as Auburn demonstrated.

Plus, Chip Kelly's probably going to resign mid-season because he's a cheater and he knows the Ducks are going to be in serious trouble with the NCAA.

373 passing yards is not stopping an offense.

Scoreboard.Does

If the score board was correct, than people would assume there was very little offense. But there was actually 968 total yards of offense in that game. I guess the score doesn't tell the whole story does it.

No, it doesn't, but if Oregon's offense was as unstoppable as you make it out to be, then they would have won. They didn't. They choked. Again.

Archived