American Association: Project Completed!

CAB

This actually looks really good. I love the logo to begin with, and seeing it on the uniforms makes it look even better. The only thing i could suggest is a font change for the wordmark. Something about it doesn't seem uniform-worthy to me. Also, maybe an arched wordmark would look better than the typical "tailed" one.

Great work, looking forward to some more of your custom logos!

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quick bump. You may notice by my sig...I have created a new personal logo/brand for myself. Not that I didn't like the CB, I just wanted a bit of a change and came up with something that I really loved last night. I have a new presentation made up and everything, so I'll probably spend most of today converting all the other teams onto the new template.

CJ-- Looking back I'm not a huge fan of that wordmark myself. I just wanted to try out a custom wordmark but it didn't turn out how I wanted it. I may go back and revise that. Glad you like 'em, I'm excited to start doing some more rebrands!

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

Sioux City Explorers // logos // uniforms

Sioux Falls Canaries // logos // uniforms

Fargo-Moorhead Redhawks // logos // uniforms

St Paul Saints // logos // uniforms

Grand Prairie AirHogs // logos // uniforms

Winnipeg Goldeyes // logos // uniforms

Lincoln Saltdogs // logos // uniforms

So there's all the teams I've done so far moved on to my new template. If you haven't seen them already, please take a look!

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

I kind of forgot about this thread, and I must say the last four teams all look amazing! I'll go a little more in-depth...

St. Paul: The logos are very well done, and the script and STP logo are incredible. Great job.

Grand Praire: Interesting...I like it though. The pink really makes the team unique, which is more important in the minor leagues. Again, the logos are well done.

Winnipeg: I really like the alternate uniform, especially the hat. I would definitely buy one of those.

Lincoln: I like the logo and the script, although I feel like the first S in the script is too wide compared to the other letters.

So the team in Shreveport is currently named the Shreveport-Bossier Captains. The captain/pirate theme is pretty overused in sports, and I wanted to go with something more unique. I looked up the history of teams in Shreveport, and one that really caught my eye was the SwampDragons. Completely badass. What's cooler than a dragon in a swamp, right? And no offense to the people of Bossier City, but I dropped that from the name. Now, the SwampDragons didn't exactly have the greatest logo in the world, so I decided to create a new one. The primary is a dragon forming the shape of an S. You may also notice it's scales form a sort of baseball stitching pattern. The alternate is crossed bats and a ball with some "swamp goo" or something on them. Tertiary is simply the dragon head. The only colors I wanted to use here were different shades of green. A dark forest green, kelly green, and a very light slime-like color. With such a unique name and colors, I thought they should have some unique uniforms as well. Not much to explain with those, they kind of speak for themselves.

5986341464_c2b4d29c3a_b.jpg

5986341584_06bca8dd0b_b.jpg

C&C please! I'm thinking it will be El Paso up next.

There's alot to like here; the goo on the bats on the primary mark is simply genious, using a dragon in the shape of an S works very well, and your overall color selection is very nice. However, you've got some rendering issues bigtime.

I'll start with the dragon: I can tell how much effort and thought you put into this, but you need to work on your shadows and possibly add some white highlights to make this guy not look so plain. The dark shadows towards the tail are EXACTLY what you need to try and do with the rest of the dragon: keep adding depth. On top of that, simplify, simplify, simplify. If you tried to make him more in the shape of a straight S, it could help. The wings aren't necessarily needed either. I'm seeing more of lochness monster-esque creature here, and omitting the wings would help play up on that.

The tertiary isn't needed, just drop it. The dragon-S works just fine, instead I'd try an SD monogram of some sort. You don't want to be reduntant.

Another thing keeps bothering me: that font. I know I've seen it before, and I never liked it. It's not exactly bad, it just has so many quirks and notches that it's just distracting. I think if you goto dafont.com and pan the Sci-Fi section, you'll find something that fits (especially if you use the custom preview to find something that looks good for your concept).

The color pallette could use some refreshing, maybe an orange to pair with the slime, forest, and kelly greens.

Lastly, you're uniforms are a bit over the top. Just the dark green parts would be fine, get rid of the swooshes on the shoulders.

I know that seems like alot of nitpicking, but this has the potential to be your best bet; the primary freakin' rocks. I'll definitely be following the rest of this series, keep it up!

If that dragon had a big muscley arm and some consummate V's, you'd be in business. ;)

I kid, but that's really good.

Haha, that's actually what I thought though! Like, hey I drew a decent dragon, now I can be a douchey t-shirt designer. :P

Don't have time to go real in-depth right now.

IN YOUR PANTS!

Anyway, the text and secondaries are great, but the logo needs to be a bit more balanced. The Dragon's head is too close to the curve of the S right now.

Well I haven't done this in this series, but I'm gonna go ahead and post just one logo. I'm a little stuck on El Paso. I know that I want to keep the Diablos name, but go with a devil head logo. I remember going to an Explorers game against El Paso a couple years ago (I was sitting by the dugout) and could hear the majority of the team speaking Spanish. Being on the border, there's obviously a lot of Mexican influence in El Paso. So I wanted to go with something that sort of resembled Mexican artwork. I based it off some Mexican skull illustrations, with lots of curves and very exaggerated features. I really like what I came up with, but I'm getting the feeling that it's far too detailed to work as a baseball logo. I don't know. Ideas anyone? Just trying to figure out what direction to go in here.

5992451747_4f7a5217b2.jpg

I really like it. Maybe just get rid of some of the designs on the skull itself. The eyes especially, they just kind of look like overkill, and reduce it one the forehead a little.

Also as a Winnipeger myself I've had more than enough Jets concepts so it's nice to see one of our other teams getting some creative attention, and I like it. But the best in here by far is the St. Paul Saints logo set. Fantastic!

Okay so I decided that was way too detailed. I thought about using it as a sleeve patch, but it didn't really go with the identity I wanted. I ended up going with a simpler identity. The primary is a devil head, sort of in the shape of a chili pepper as a nod to their previous identity. I tried to give it a bit of a downward flowing motion. The cap logo is an EP monogram, and the obvious choice for the E for me was a pitchfork. I still tried to keep a Mexican-like design on the uniforms, by creating a unique sleeve and pant stripe. The alternate is simply black with the devil head. Thanks for viewing, stay tuned for the next team!

6003617875_2edcaef660_b.jpg

6003618001_ffe3f6aa15_b.jpg

The logos both look great, especially the EP with the pitchfork as the E. Great job there. I think I really like the sleeve and pants piping, but it would be nice to get a bigger view. The one thing I don't like is the hot pink. Make it red and this concept is perfect.

Thanks, I'll try to post a larger view of the uniforms. The color's not really hot pink. I mean, it's close but it's more of a bright red. I wanted to have a more vibrant color to 1) fit it with a Mexican theme, and 2) seperate from most red and black devil teams.

Not to come off as whiny, but doesn't anybody have some comments at all? It's disappointing when something like that troll's Lightning "concept" get's five pages because people don't know enough to just ignore it. Making threads like mine that have time and effort put into them get pushed to the second page very quickly. I don't get. It gets to the point where I almost don't want to post anything here, because I only get like 2 or 3 comments for each concept. I still will post stuff, it's just not a whole lot of fun when you don't get feedback on your work.

/end rant.

Also thanks to people that consistently try to give honest C&C, like CJworks, mbannon92, and others.

Archived