American Association: Project Completed!

CAB

Is there a link to the NCAA concept tournament? CAB mentioned it in his post above.

Dude, it's not that hard. Just scroll down near the bottom of the first page of the concepts section and you'll find it.

Sorry, didn't expect to see it pegged. My bad. Dude, as you say, you might want to take some more medicine.

I don't need medicine, thank you. Other than Claritin-D for my allergies.

Just look for the goddamn thread before you go asking people to hand you the link on a silver platter. It actually isn't "pegged", but it really isn't that hard to find.

Anyways, I'm really looking forward to Forth Worth. Hopefully, it's as great as these other concepts have been.

25yzwqg.png

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks CJ and Anything Chicago! Glad you guys like 'em.

So, basically I decided to change my personal logo again. I know, I know it's only been a few weeks; but looking back on it I probably shouldn't have went with that logo. It's too complicated for my tastes, and I wanted to go to something simpler and more like my original logo. Really all I changed was giving each letter (C and B for my initials) a more distinct shape, rather than just a square. I probably could've started a thread in General Design for my new look, but I figured I'll just post it in my main thread right now. I'm far too lazy to go back and change everything onto a new presentation again, so from now on the last 3 concepts will be on a new layout. Let's just hope I don't change my mind again. :D

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

Good to hear, I loved the simicity if the old logo!

Also (if you don't mind my critiquing), you probably should even out the white stroke all the way around so the B doesn't look deformed. I can clearly see the C but the other letter isn't as easily recognizable. And in my opinion, the square works better. Simplicity is always the key.

Looking forward to the next team/update.

Good to hear, I loved the simicity if the old logo!

Also (if you don't mind my critiquing), you probably should even out the white stroke all the way around so the B doesn't look deformed. I can clearly see the C but the other letter isn't as easily recognizable. And in my opinion, the square works better. Simplicity is always the key.

Looking forward to the next team/update.

Definitely don't mind any critiques, but I think I'm gonna keep the C in that shape. When people saw my logo before, most just thought it was a B, and didn't notice the C created in the negative space. So, if anything with my update I wanted to make the C a little more recognizable.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

Maybe just some anger management therapy then.

Is there a link to the NCAA concept tournament? CAB mentioned it in his post above.

Dude, it's not that hard. Just scroll down near the bottom of the first page of the concepts section and you'll find it.

Sorry, didn't expect to see it pegged. My bad. Dude, as you say, you might want to take some more medicine.

I don't need medicine, thank you. Other than Claritin-D for my allergies.

Just look for the goddamn thread before you go asking people to hand you the link on a silver platter. It actually isn't "pegged", but it really isn't that hard to find.

Anyways, I'm really looking forward to Forth Worth. Hopefully, it's as great as these other concepts have been.

Do you honestly have to reply to every **** post he makes? Take it to PM if you want to get to know each other.

Censored. :D Btw, two comments, dig the league concept, the last logo took a few notches down from the previous, but alebit a nice creation, and the new little logo, I'd have to agree because it just comes off a bit odd, or maybe having even strokes on either side, so it kinda flows better to my eyes, but, a personal logo is personal, do what you can live with and be happy(although I have had a new logo every like few months it seems haha)

Like the rename and rebrand of Wichita - much classier and less minor league than the current Wingnuts.

I'd leave the "shield" behind the Ws on the cap, though. Without that, it looks too much like the Wonder Woman logo.

wonder-woman-logo.jpg

The Dusters look great! I love the color scheme and the logos. I agree with CJ that incorporating the sand more might really take this set over the top.

Edit: And I like the new personal logo. I can clearly define a C and a B, so if that's the goal I think it really works.

Fort Worth has a pretty bland identity; the Cats. With a blue and red color scheme that is obviously overused in sports. Starting out, I wanted to change the name. But after reading a little bit, I found out that Fort Worth is nicknamed "Panther City" for odd reasons. So for me it was pretty much a no-brainer what the name was gonna be. As far as I know there aren't any other Panther teams in Fort Worth, until I realized that their current team uses a panther as their logo. I guess I didn't really look that close as to what type of cat it was. So with that in mind I decided to keep the same general look of the primary logo, just with an updated panther. I wanted black as the primary color, and the purple and orange I just kinda chose at random. I had a few different color combos in my head, but I think this one looks best. I wanted some fairly bright colors that would show up on black backgrounds well. And as you can see, both home and away jerseys are black. I wanted to keep black as the primary color throughout their identity and just use the other two colors as accents, and the gray didn't look too good with the colors I had chosen for the jersey. The cap logo and sleeve patch are pretty self explanatory, the panther head and paw. Thanks for looking, and please comment!

6046416277_6c9c7d2e44_b.jpg

6046966594_d7b29c882e_b.jpg

I'm thinking I might keep the RailCats name for Gary since I changed Fort Worth's name, but who knows, I may end up changing it anyway. And I have absolutely no idea for Kansas City right now, so any suggestions are welcome.

I think this is the best yet. it's got great colors, a nice design, and it's really clean. Something about the Panthers face kind of throws me off though, I wouldn't mind seeing what you've done to the right of the face duplicated over to the left side. I know your going for an opposite symmetry kind of look, but the left side of the face looks a little odd to me right now. Overall, really nicely done.

Speaking as the only Fort Worth native here (I'm sure), I have to give ya points down by changing the name and colors. Well, not so much on the name since the ORIGINAL 1800's team were known as the Panthers and they were just nicknamed "the Cats" (like The Yanks, or The Sawx), then later the team changed its nickname full time to Cats.

I do have to give ya props, not only for your work, but also for bringing our oldest pro sports team up in a thread. (The team and the town itself really doesn't get that much recognition for anything).

And I have to say, it feels incomplete without some form of this: Cap

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

Wow, very nice. You rendering of the new "cat" is nice, though chickenfish hit the nail on the head about the face though.

I apologise, but I hate the font choice here. Panthers are sleep and stealthy, the font here just isn't flowing. When in doubt, always go simple.

One more thing, I don't likethe fact that there's two black jerseys. Try out a purple one for the homes.

Nice work once again!

I tried out what Chickenfish said about the Panthers' logo...and it just didn't look right to me. I mean, it was okay, but I don't feel that it was any better than the version I had. However, I did update the Panthers with a different wordmark and uniforms. Those can be found in the first post. Now for the next team, Gary. Their name currently includes "Southshore" for the southshore of Chicago, but I removed it because I just thought it made the name too long and awkward. This is the last team I'll tweak, I couldn't really think of a name that fit them better than RailCats, so I stuck with it. I changed up the primary a little, just simplifying the logo and removing red. The other thing I didn't like was how the baseball seamed to be moving away from the cat, while he's in a batting stance. Doesn't make much sense. So I added a baseball in there that's headed in the right direction. I also tried to find a font that was more "steel-like" I guess. Not really much else to explain, I just wanted to get this out of the way and work on the last team so I can finish this!

6063083107_271f6289fd_b.jpg

6063631506_f67ab719b8_b.jpg

I know I've mentioned this previously, but I still need an idea for a name for Kansas City! I'm stuck. Please give any and all suggestions on what you'd like to see!

Archived