USC Trojan head logo

razr32154

Hey guys,

I was working on some side faces based off of Davidson's tutorials and figured I'd add a helmet and make it a trojan logo.

I may expand this more into a complete rebrand, but I figured I'd get some feedback before starting anything else.

Let me know what you think,

Thanks!

trojanlogo.png

The plume looks too much like a gear and not like a plume.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

The plume looks too much like a gear and not like a plume.

I actually like the plume, It just needs to be a bit longer.

The helmet looks good too, the only think I would change there would be to get rid of the earhole, or make it look round.

The face however needs some changes.

The eyes should be lower, because it looks like he doesn't have much of a forehead.

You should also try to add a more defined jaw line, because right now it doesn't look like he has one.

The nose also needs quite a bit of reworking too.

2043050vl19qK6.gif

I would make the plume less mechanical and more hairlike and make the guy's lips look fierce and not like a star-crossed lover going in for a kiss

Signature.png

TrophyCase-1.png

He looks like he's doing a duck face (google it). Needs work on his face. His eye looks too big, and his nose isn't proportional at all. Also what is going on in front of his face? It's a solid start, I like the rendering, just need to touch up the face a little bit...

"Classic" does not mean it gets a free pass for being bad design.

6624288275_95c33d4680_z.jpg

Hey guys,

I was working on some side faces based off of Davidson's tutorials and figured I'd add a helmet and make it a trojan logo.

I may expand this more into a complete rebrand, but I figured I'd get some feedback before starting anything else.

Let me know what you think,

Thanks!

trojanlogo.png

Did you actually work from reference material as Davidson's tutorial suggests? Cos I know what my money is on.

The anatomy of the head needs some SERIOUS work, right now your poor Trojan lacks any kind of chin at all! The Jawline is practically non-existent. The cheek/Jaw protectors on the helmet dont seem to follow any actual for I recognise, and the plume has been so stylised as others have pointed out it looks more like a cog than a Horse mane plume.

Hate to sound harsh, but I dont think this is something that can be improved by tweaks and changes. I think the best bet would be to go off and find good reference material, study it, understand how it works and then start again. I think you'll achieve much better results doing that than trying to clean this version up.

9erssteve

9ersstevesig.png

I appreciate the c&c you guys have given and here's the revision I made, but I think 9erssteve is right about starting again so I'm gonna revisit this soon with some fresh eyes and hopefully I'll have a better result to show you guys.

And to answer your question 9erssteve, I actually did without reference material because my internet was broken and I did it to kill some time, so that could by why it looks funky

Anywho, let me know what you guys think of the revision.

Thanks!

trojanrevison.png

You didn't really fix the problem with the plume at all. And I'm still getting that "leaning in for a kiss" vibe from his facial expression. The white line by his eye area is unneccesary, it's hardly visible so it's probably best to just get rid of that. This could turn out to be a very nice logo if you keep working at it. You'd be smart to go back and look at some reference material too like 9erssteve suggested.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

I agree with all the above comments. One thing that looks very off to me (other than the gearlike plume and kissing face and lack of jawline) is that the helmet looks way to small. the way you have it, the helmet looks like it is exactly the same size as his skull would be, but this is a helmet, so it should extend farther beyond the head. You have it sticking out a little bit in front but not enough. and in back and top, it isnt extended at all. This wouldnt fit on his head.

Also, his facial feature take up too mutch of the front of the head. He needs more of a forehead and a smaller face.

Ive always thought that USC could update this logo, so I was interested in seeing what you did before clicking, but this needs some work.

Ok guys, i took all the c&c offered, and remade the logo. I'm still iffy about the face, particularly the mouth and nose, but I figured I'd get it up here for some reaction.

Here's logo number 2. let me know what you think

trojanlogo2.png

Dear lord, I am in love

Can I use this as my avatar?

Signature.png

TrophyCase-1.png

It's a def improvement, but I still don't get the shield in front of his face? Is it like a football visor, cause I see the blast shield on Luke Skywalkers helmet in the first movie.

Also, with the mouth your face. Use this as a reference for you mouth. It honestly looks great, hold the mouth. Get the mouth down and it's solid.

http://artofdon.com/GIF%20images/face%20profile.gif

Ok, also, I love the jawline to the ear, in the break in the helmet. Weirdly, it's my fav part of the logo. But it needs a couple bumps forward, there is no back of the head for this guy with that positioning...

"Classic" does not mean it gets a free pass for being bad design.

6624288275_95c33d4680_z.jpg

Archived