Giving the Big Ten the Attention She Deserves.

drdougfresh

Nebraska and the conference logos have been updated. Now it's Purdue. I hate black and gold color schemes. SO MUCH. It's just not a fun color combo to work with-- no matter what, it always looks like it belongs to the Saints. Not to mention I'm not a fan of gold anything on football unis, but that probably stems from my high disregard for Notre Dame. So, in order to keep the black and gold and still look "good", I brought it an accent color. Pewter is now on their uniforms. It's somewhat prominent in their train logo, so I figured this would work. Instead of dominating with black, I used the pewter instead. Not much more to it:

Purdue.png

And if you live in Indiana, tonight must be your lucky night. Because it's time for Indiana, too. Right now, they're a direct rip-off of Oklahoma, and to be honest, they're not looking so great on the field. Cream is an official school color, so let's use it and differentiate the Hoosiers from the rest of the red/white schools of the nation. Cream it is. And this is another interchangeable uniform:

Indiana-1.png

That's it for the Plains Division, Michigan is up next!

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Indian is great. Don't change the cream. Its going to help differentiate from Nebraska and Wisconsin.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Lighten that cream a little, too dark.

Both look awesome except for the cream issue.

Not changing it, it's their official cream color. I don't want it to look like 'old white' that everyone uses on WC jerseys. For reference, it's PMS 9161.

Thanks guys :grin:

Not changing it, it's their official cream color. I don't want it to look like 'old white' that everyone uses on WC jerseys. For reference, it's PMS 9161.

Keeping the cream is the right call. The similarity between Nebraska and Wisconsin is too much as it is... having a third red and white team would be terrible idea. Plus, the uniform just looks good with cream.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Keep the cream! It look just great and it separates them from Nebraska. Purdue looks fantastic too. I'm excited for Michigan up next. Although I don't see you changing much.

Detroit Falcons (NABL) | Detroit Gears (UFL)

Keeping the cream is the right call. The similarity between Nebraska and Wisconsin is too much as it is... having a third red and white team would be terrible idea. Plus, the uniform just looks good with cream.

I wasn't saying drop the cream. I was just saying that it looks a little more like tan than cream.

Untitled.png

I wasn't saying drop the cream. I was just saying that it looks a little more like tan than cream.

No doubt about it, that's pretty much tan. But according to Indiana, it's "Cream". So it stays haha.

Time for my absolute least favorite team in the conference. I'm gonna leave it at that. Not gonna start a war. So, classic uniforms and helmets, so I had to keep those. I ditched the wings early on in the design, but I didn't want to be castrated. I guess that would be like putting wings on an OSU helmet in terms of offense level. Not much else too exciting. Added the 'M' logo to the socks as an homage to the past (used to do that back in the day), and gave the away unis blue pants to mix it up.

UM-1.png

MSU is next.

Rollin' along. MSU is up next, and I wanted to keep it simple, just green and white. No bronze, no silver, no black. Because in my humble opinion, we have one of the best looks in the NCAA. It's clean, and it's unique. I wanted to showcase that with simple lines and only two colors.

MSU-1.png

Ohio State is next.

:shocked: What did you do to my Wolverines? Keep the plain blue jersey and get rid of the pant stripes. Also, yellow pants is a must. The only thing changeable is the away jersey. For my second most hated team, you did good for a Shartan I mean Spartan concept. GO BLUE!!! :P

Detroit Falcons (NABL) | Detroit Gears (UFL)

Michigan should just be a navy jersey with maize numbers and name. No stripes. I like the navy pants for only away games. Once you get to the rivalry unis...I think a you should do a maize helmet with navy wings. Just a suggestion.

Untitled.png

Michigan should just be a navy jersey with maize numbers and name. No stripes. I like the navy pants for only away games. Once you get to the rivalry unis...I think a you should do a maize helmet with navy wings. Just a suggestion.

The rivalry alt will definitely be different. I didn't want to exclude any school from changes, beacause ultimately that's why I started this-- to make subtle changes to every team's unis. Michigan doesn't get a free pass, not from me :grin:

Some of y'all don't get the point of a concept, do you? Understand this...NOTHING is untouchable. NOTHING.

To the OP, keep doing what you're doing. So far the Iowa one is my favorite of the lot, but I'm also liking some of the other ones you've come up with. And don't box yourself into that "untouchable" zone--you wanna touch an untouchable uniform or logo set, do so--let them folks cry their crocodile tears about it on their own time. :P

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I agree, I like what you did with the blue uniforms, I think its better to be consistent then to have a plain home uniform and have an away uniform with stripes or piping. Plus its not too crazy.

All of the concepts are pretty good, I would say Indiana is my favorite, really cool striping and I like the logo above the nameplate.

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

All I wanted to say is that Purdue one is awesome. I can't really put my finger on exactly why, but I absolutely love it.

zqsjk.png

dyu9sx.png

"Why would anybody ever eat anything besides breakfast food?"-Leslie Knope (Amy Poehler), Parks and Recreation

Don't like the Michigan homes, but your roads could definitely work. I'd put the M back on the pants, though. And a white pants road option would be nice, too.

Your MSU concept is awesome. Love it. I think the pants need a logo, though. Also, with MSU, I've also been more partial to the block S than the spartan head for the helmets. But I know that's the opposite direction they are going from a branding standpoint.

spikes.jpg

Archived