Giving the Big Ten the Attention She Deserves.

drdougfresh

The Missouri River Battle (Rivalry, Massacre)

Massacre? Are you sure you're not thinking of bleeding Kansas?

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Updated the Illini at the request of several. I wanted the feathers to remain subtle, so I turned down the silver and got rid of it elsewhere. It may also help envision it if I explain my thoughts on that feather pattern on the sleeves. I want it to have an opalescent finish to it, so it's more visible under light, but a brighter white. This would be a night game anyway, so it's a perfect fit.

Okay, on to the final two. Iowa vs. Nebraska is not an official rivalry YET. It will be by next year, if I had to guess. For Nebraska, it's the Blackshirts. What else would it be? I kept the same modern feel to it, just changed moved the colors around a little bit. I think it's sharp. For Iowa, I decided to play up their yellow. Now's as good a time as any to mention something hilarious: for as many times as I've seen people mention the 'maize' for Michigan as "unique and legendary", you'll be shocked to find out that the PMS color for both Iowa and Michigan is 116C. Found that ironic.

GreatPlainsShowdown-1.png

And our final set actually wound up being the hardest to do. Not entirely a lot to play off of. I did, however, discover that a boilermaker is essentially a metalworker. Did not know that. So, the pewter seemed fitting, and I kept it simple. The shoulder emblem is a metal-working hammer. For Indiana, I figured since the team was named after the citizens of the state, why not play off the flag? The stars come straight from the flag, and there's a slightly darker torch behind the rear numbers (also from the flag). Not much more to it.

OldOakenBucket-1.png

I personally want to thank everyone who has left useful comments and made this a fun experience for me. And for only my second series on here, I think it turned out quite well. I'm going to work a little bit on a few more ideas I have now, both of which are new divisions. One is the Pac 12, and the other is the Big Sky. I'm leaning toward the the Big Sky because that is the conference my alma mater is in (NAU), and the schools are a little more fun when they're not high-profile.

Stay tuned, and thank you again!

They are all perfect ( especially Purdue) except for Nebraska. Not feeling the black helmet. I think black jersey and pants would look really sick, and give then your updated helmet.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Iowa is great.

Purdue is nice, except for the number font.

Indiana, just need to make the numbers a little bigger.

Nebraska, needs to go back to the drawing board. I was expecting something wild and instead it's just a black recolor. People are always trying to give NU black because of the blackshirts, but the blackshirts only represent a select few of the defensive players and so giving them to the whole team kills the significance IMO. Also, giving them black for the Iowa game of all games makes even less sense. I say, get wild with red and white being the main players.

crsig.jpgnsig.jpg

People are always trying to give NU black because of the blackshirts, but the blackshirts only represent a select few of the defensive players and so giving them to the whole team kills the significance IMO.

Sorry that us Husker fans are hard to please!

I have to agree with Impaler here. As a concept goes, you're free to do what you like. I'm not opposed to a black as a design element, but making an actual "black shirt" kind of kills the specialness of a player earning their blackshirt. Some NU defenders work hard for four or even five (redshirt) years before they earn their Blackshirt designation.

And yes as someone noted, Taylor Martinez wears #3, not #14.

That said, I simply love that both Nebraska and Iowa are wearing their "colors" in this set. I wish more teams would play color-vs-color like the Blue/Red clash of UCLA and USC a couple years back.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

I was with you on all of these except the Nebraska and Iowa Rivalry sets. I feel like all the other Rivalry Sets had something really unique about them... something outside of the box. Purdue has the carbon fiber color, Indiana has the stars, Penn State has the stripes, Michigan State has the opposite pointing spikes, Northwestern with the claw marks, Illinois with the faint feathers, Michigan's Hail to the Victors, the buckeye leaves in Ohio States, the one side stripes on Minnesota, and the candy stripes for Wisconsin.

Nebraska and Iowa seem like they can be a weekly uniform, or at worst, a special set that they wear once or twice a season.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

People are always trying to give NU black because of the blackshirts, but the blackshirts only represent a select few of the defensive players and so giving them to the whole team kills the significance IMO.

Sorry that us Husker fans are hard to please!

I have to agree with Impaler here. As a concept goes, you're free to do what you like. I'm not opposed to a black as a design element, but making an actual "black shirt" kind of kills the specialness of a player earning their blackshirt. Some NU defenders work hard for four or even five (redshirt) years before they earn their Blackshirt designation.

And yes as someone noted, Taylor Martinez wears #3, not #14.

That said, I simply love that both Nebraska and Iowa are wearing their "colors" in this set. I wish more teams would play color-vs-color like the Blue/Red clash of UCLA and USC a couple years back.

Haha yes, I realize it is special. Since so many people don't like them, I'll work on them some more tonight and see what I can come up with.

Thanks for all the C&C guys!

That Iowa uniform is great. I feel it would work better with a retro logo, though. Indiana, except for the name lettering, is excellent.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Alright, what was probably my safest rivalry look is now my most unique. That pattern in the background? It's literally corn. Yes, and I think it works (for whatever reason). I also updated numbers on the Old Oaken bucket teams.

Now that's more creative for NU. I still say ditch the black though, as Piano Knight and I pointed out with the blackshirts being some defensive starters only. At the very least do a red jersey and sublimate the corn pattern on that.

IU numbers are much better now. Still not a fan of the Purdue number font.

crsig.jpgnsig.jpg

Archived