Islanders, Nassau County announce lease agreement

Dexter Morgan

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Coyotes to Kansas City.

Islanders to Quebec or Houston.

Either that, or contract 'em both.

Come to think of it, the NHL's upcoming realignment, from six balanced divisions back down to four unbalanced ones (i.e. two with 7 teams, two with 8), just might be a subtle hint that contraction to 28 teams (thus enabling the divisions to be rebalanced at 7 teams apiece) is now within the realm of actual possibility.

CCSLC signature.png

Coyotes to Kansas City.

Come to think of it, the NHL's upcoming realignment, from six balanced divisions back down to four unbalanced ones (i.e. two with 7 teams, two with 8), just might be a subtle hint that contraction to 28 teams (thus enabling the divisions to be rebalanced at 7 teams apiece) is now within the realm of actual possibility.

I'm all for contracting the Coyotes and Islanders, but there would be no way that anyone would agree to that, right? I know it's OTGDNHL, so I don't know.

Coyotes to Kansas City.

I'm all for contracting the Coyotes and Islanders, but there would be no way that anyone would agree to that, right? I know it's OTGDNHL, so I don't know.

Contract 2 of Phoenix, Isles, Florida or I guess Columbus from the way everyones been talking, and relocate the other 2.

It's not that anyone would know or care about the Coyotes for the sake of the Coyotes. It would be the news that the NHL, faced with numerous failures in a bad economy, will be the first league since, well, the NHL in 1978, to fold a team. And not just one, but two teams. Just like how notwithstanding the terrible financial dilemmas beneath the surface, the NHL had to suffer the ignominy of being the only major sports league to cancel an entire season. The ill will from that took years to shake off. I'm still not sure it's all gone. They're all too proud to admit such a grand-scale failure if they can help it, which they can, because there will always be delusional or stupid city governments that will bend over backward for sports.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Coyotes to Kansas City.

I always assumed it meant another round of (stupid) expansion was on the way.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Expansion would mean finding new groups of owners to pay the entrance fee. The NHL can't even find enough people willing to own the teams it already has.

Only in America. The second assumption was that there were a couple rich yet eccentric Canadians who felt it was their patriotic duty to pay hundreds of millions of loonies to bring the NHL to town.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Expansion would mean finding new groups of owners to pay the entrance fee. The NHL can't even find enough people willing to own the teams it already has.

Only in America. The second assumption was that there were a couple rich yet eccentric Canadians who felt it was their patriotic duty to pay hundreds of millions of loonies to bring the NHL to town.

Outside of Quebec City there's no real place left to put a team in Canada. I love my country and all, but the Saskatoon Panthers is stretching it.

I agree that there's one possible relocation market out there. As much as I wish Milwaukee could get a team, I just don't see it unless the Bucks move.

But there are, what, three or four teams in rather serious trouble right now? The Islanders, Coyotes, and Blue Jackets? Are the Panthers in similar trouble?

In any case, "more teams in peril than new markets for them" is not a formula for expansion. Even ITGDNHL.

Outside of Quebec City there's no real place left to put a team in Canada. I love my country and all, but the Saskatoon Panthers is stretching it.

I was thinking Swift Current actually.

Today, we are all otaku.

Okay, that's four teams in trouble, only one potential relocation market, and the NHL is already in desperate need of one owner.

OITGDNHL.

You forgot that the Stars are still being operated on the cheap by their creditors and the sale that was supposed to save them still hasn't gone through...

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived