Lake Erie Monsters Concept

MJ12

Very awkward use of those colors. You need to figure out what colors you want to the primary, secondary, and tertiary colors, and accordingly, color the the jersey proportionally. I honestly cannot guess what colors you thought were primary vs. secondary, based on their inconsistent use.

You could make that design work but you need to decide between the blue or yellow as the 3rd color.

What really gets me is the "great fan" stuff. It's sad to think of our country as a "Steeler Nation", because that would mean that we're a country of near-sighted inbreds from the mountains that can't speak competent English.

Let's go Brownies!

championships.png

You mad because the Tribe is stylin' on you?

Blue + yellow + black numbers on the away jersey? Brilliant.

I definetely think yellow should not be used as prominently as you have made it. It's the monster's eye colour, therefore, it should only be used in very minimal areas of the jersey. I would use black and blue as the main colours with a hint of yellow. But that's just my two cents.

ayr02r.gif

I don't think, because thinking implies uncertainty. Therefore, I KNOW.

Right now, you're not designing. You took a logo you found online, slapped it on a jersey template, and you're coloring in the lines. Take some time to consider the basic premise of your design:

What's your objective?

Is it just a jersey design, or a full team package? Is there a particular style or era you want to emulate?

What's your primary color set?

The less colors the better, within reason. As a general rule, you can't just throw a logo onto a jersey that doesn't share its colors.

What makes this set unique?

Has it all been done before? If so, is that a bad thing? Is there something new you can try?

Is it cohesive?

This goes back to the first point, but is good to reiterate. At the end of the day, does everything look like it fits together?

Otherwise, study existing jerseys, and take note of the techniques. Usually, logos placed on colored backgrounds have a border around them (white or otherwise contrasting) to set them apart from the base, numbers and names are a certain proportion to the jersey, etc.

Just messing with the drawing tool on your computer is not the same as designing. Take some time to consider your concept (some people even do so on paper) and you won't seem to flounder about so much.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I think you are almost there dude!! I like set number 2, but I would add some small yellow strips. I think that would make it tie in with the logo more and also make it less "Tampa Bay".

My only real issue with it is the black wording on the black jersey. Try to make "Monsters" white on the home jersey.

Keep it up though you will get it bro!!!

You've gone from the Avalanche, to the Coyotes, to the Panthers, to the Flames, to the Lightning color-wise all with the Ducks numbers and all on a color-by-numbers jersey template. I really think you should try starting from scratch, use the advice we all gave you and come back with something new, rather than just update constantly with new jersey colors.

You've gone from the Avalanche, to the Coyotes, to the Panthers, to the Flames, to the Lightning color-wise all with the Ducks numbers and all on a color-by-numbers jersey template. I really think you should try starting from scratch, use the advice we all gave you and come back with something new, rather than just update constantly with new jersey colors.

thanks for this... I will create a new design from scratch but I am limited due to using MS Paint(You propably knew that :)

MAJESTIC 12 YOUTUBE CHANNEL

^^ PLEASE SUBSCRIBE ^^

thanks for this... I will create a new design from scratch but I am limited due to using MS Paint(You propably knew that :)

Thats no excuse :P You'll do fine. Just come up with a few basic ideas, refine them and pick the best one.

The pants should be a solid color with possibly stripes going down the side, I'm not sure what you were going for here. I Think it might look good if the pants were black.

All together though, This is not a very well designed uniform. I feel like if you are going to use that number font, then the stripes should reflect it, because right now the number and stripes conflict each other.

I like the Lightning template jerseys much better than this, just fix some minor details on those, and the uniform set would look pretty good.

2043050vl19qK6.gif

Before you design uniforms, a good question to ask yourself: "would a team actually wear this?" As Mockba said, you're slapping colors on panels and stripes. On the 'from scratch' jersey, whats with the pants? Why does the helmet have such odd stripes? Would a team wear it? In this country, probably not.

I'm going to break my c&c down into positives and negatives for you

Positives

I love the choice of the Wild font

I like the primary use of Black and Blue

Negatives

Not a fan of the White pants/gloves/helmet stripes

The striping on the socks seems weird. With the front and side view you gave, it gives the impression of a triangle on one side of the leg, while the other is empty

The striping on the Hem isn't consistent with the striping on the sleeves

The sleeves stripes would be concealed by the gloves

While I know some teams use logos on the socks, it seems amateurish. It's a decent logo, so slap it on the shoulders (which are empty)

I'm not quite sure if I like the use of the tie up collar here, seems to clash with the jerseys.

Your presentation seems kind of sloppy.

Improvements

The pants/gloves would look great in black and blue, with the helmet matching the jersey.

Try adding in some of the maroon as an accent colour, I think it could look interesting.

Add the missing striping to the sleeve of the back view.

Add the secondary logo to the shoulders, and add the tv numbers to the sleeve

This ones small, but move the C a smidge to the right.

Even smaller, but just a personal thing that I think adds to the presentation is the seams of the template. I think they help show the shape of the jersey well, and make it look more complete. Look at your last attempt as a whole, then to some of your previous ones. I find the newest one looks really empty with all that white space.

Keep up the good work :)

This seems to be a step sideways. The pants striping is still really out there and I can't imagine it looking too good on the ice. The stripes on the socks don't match the rest of the striping, and depending on how the player tucks his socks/shin pads, the stripes might not even be visable. You've got logos on shoulders for the front view (the M secondary logo is backwards by the way) but none on the back view, as well as 06 instead of 60 on the backside. You really have to clean up your presentation as well, there's a bunch of stray pixels, or cut off lines all throughout the presentation.

Archived