Lake Erie Monsters Concept

MJ12

You missed a spot of teal on the left sleeve of the black.

Other than that, the overlap of the logo on the stripe is awkward. Keep polishing and it might work.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I'm sorry, but this needs A LOT of work. You can't just wave the paint brush randomly and think it will look good. Keep the stripes more uniform (stroke width) and plan it out better. The yoke design should be reversed on the back, etc. And the whole missing a sleeve and cuff thing? Don't rush it, it's obvious when you do.

I'm sorry, but this needs A LOT of work. You can't just wave the paint brush randomly and think it will look good. Keep the stripes more uniform (stroke width) and plan it out better. The yoke design should be reversed on the back, etc. And the whole missing a sleeve and cuff thing? Don't rush it, it's obvious when you do.

You do realize that's the Islanders' Fishsticks template, right?

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Yeah, this one actually isn't his fault, this is the template hosted on the templates thread

NewYorkIslanders1995-1998.png

Were the actual jerseys that sloppy? I never really paid attention to the gray lines and the bulges on the back

Yeah they were that sloppy, I never noticed that either

Islanders18.png

Woah! You think I'm Cody? My name is Carl Scott Simone and we just happen to share a birthday. BIG DEAL.

Personally, this jersey needs a lot of work. First, lose this template, it just simply doesn't work at all, not with the Islanders, and certainly not with the Monsters. Secondly, feature the monster more and lose the wordmark, because it's really unnecessary. Third, pick a templates that will seem edgy and not overlap with the logo at all, the pre-Edge Avalanche or Flames could work, even the Sharks, since most of their designs have always worked with teal. Finally, pick an identity and stick with it, if you want to go classic, go classic, and if you want to go modern, go modern, as you need to make sure the entire uniform (primary and secondary logo, font, and uniform design) represents that look.

I think you are including too many colors in the design. I understand the want to use the Colorado blue in the jersey but I haven't seen the Monsters do it well yet. The Wine, Black, and White are fine, and silver can add some nice trim to it too.

If you DO want to use the blue, realize that the wine color is the primary, followed by the black then white. The wine should be the most used on the jersey.

I'm excited to see what you will come up with next, though!

What really gets me is the "great fan" stuff. It's sad to think of our country as a "Steeler Nation", because that would mean that we're a country of near-sighted inbreds from the mountains that can't speak competent English.

Let's go Brownies!

championships.png

You mad because the Tribe is stylin' on you?

Honestly, I saw a lot of potential in the original design. Sure, it was an Islanders rip-off, and sure, it was an MS Paint-job, and sure, there were some overlooked parts and a neglect for detail. However if the general concept of the jersey was refined, smoothed, etc. it could work--it's busy, but in a good way. The new design seems pretty run-of-the-mill and it's lacking a lot of color. I don't know the teams official colors, but the based on the logo, the design could use some blue, black and maybe yellow. If you're set on keeping the colors red and white, then the random black shoulder piping needs to go. Speaking of the shoulders, a secondary logo (or number) should probably be added--there's too much blank space. Also, in the red jersey, the "Lake Erie" is nearly invisible. As far as a third jersey goes, if black is legitimately in the team colors (again, I don't know) then it wouldn't be BFBS. You could always toy around with a red jersey but a different design.

Archived