Worst Video Game EVER!

Brass

Yesterday, I picked up MLB 2004, just to have fun with. Well lemme tell you, this game fluffing (Yes I know it will get censored) sucks. It is horrible. I had Curt Schilling pitching against the Devil Rays, In the first he gives up a home-run off of some guy that has a power rating on 54. Then my power-hitters of Ortiz, Manny, and Garciaparra, all failed to hit the ball out of the infield. Next inning, Curt throws 4 staright balls, dead center of the strike zone. They call them 4 balls. Then they throw it in the EXACT same place, and I don't swing, and it's a strike. What the fluff is up with that?

What really has happened to sports video games lately, it seems they all sucks balls ever since. The last good sports video game was NHL 2002.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Have you tried adjusting the setting sliders? I played an exhibition at All-Star level as Boston against San Francisco, and I had Schilling pitching. I had tweaked all the sliders based on settings I found at gamefaqs.com, and the game worked pretty good. Hitting is still a pain, I struck out 9 times. But Nomar hit a HR for me and I won 1-0, with Foulke getting the save.

Before you give up on this, check for slider settings. It's sad that you have to do that much adjusting for a game out of the box, but it works much better than it did. I also found some create-a-player sheets, and found the info for Barry Bonds, who isn't in the game. But if you create him, they will announce his name. If you have the network connection you can download the latest rosters online.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

brass, are you getting 2004 NOW? sorry but i have to bust out this guy :D:D

there's one thing i'll tell ya: i personally liked it but gotta say the 2005 version (which i have now) is MUCH better. try THAT out...or are you actually playing MVP 2004? cus that's another (overrated IMO) game entirely. main difference: MLB needs no sliders. plays great ball out of the box.

and about NHL 2002...gotta disagree, that sucked. get your hands on Hitz Pro one time, the goalies are a thing of beauty...i'll shut up now

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I had MVP 2004 for about a month. maybe played it 5 times, max. No short seasons, and you have to manage your MLB team, along with AAA and AA teams. I thought seriously about getting MLB 2005. The career mode sounds interesting. Ill just rent I think. I picked up NHL 2004, and I suck at it, but at least its fun.

Play RBI Baseball 2K9 @ http://league.rbicentral.com

Hey, I like NHL 2002

I've seen MVP 2003 get much better reviews than 2004--not sure on MLB though--

in fact some MVP 2004 reviews say 2003 was better...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

I have MVP 2004 and love it simply because it includes the minor leagues. It's nice when a player is injured that you can call-up a AAA player to fill out your roster. Or you can draft rookies and develop them in AA for a year. It's a new component to baseball video games and it makes this one a lot of fun.

Sure, there's plenty of authenticity flaws. But I think the game plays well.

I've seen a few of the other baseball games. If MLB is the 909 Sports title, then i've played it and really didn't like it. The graphics had nothing on MVP's.

that's my two cents.

You guys are fuggin on crack.

MVP is the best baseball game ever. You need to play the game more than 5 times for yourself to get acquainted. It takes time, try the homerun derby for about an hour, it does wonders for your hitting.

Pitching the same with the showdown.

Its a hard game, because its got.. REPLAY VALUE>

I see it as those who didint like it simply thought it was 'too hard'

for that, i invite you to find me online for PS2, where i will kill you, until you die from it.

:D

You guys are fuggin on crack.

MVP is the best baseball game ever.

i agree! i've rented this game 3 or 4 times in the last few months (i may as well just bought it!) and i absolutely love it!

i took the Jays to the world series against ARZ my first season. yes, the first few games i struck out at a sammy-sosa-like rate, but i got the hang of it and starting hitting a few homers a game. in the playoffs as a whole, i hit 14 homers in 16 games with Josh Phelps! (this is on the 2nd hardest difficulty)

Archived