Colour Optimized Islanders Primary

Morgan33

Since the NHL section is already recieving a massive upgrade, could somebody colour optimize the Fisherman logo with the metallic shade of silver so it matches the Lighthouse secondary? I believe it is the only Primary on the Islander's page to not recieve this treatment. I'm sure someone already has it done as I've seen it on a topic before so it's just a matter of uploading it.

Thanks in advance!

Since the NHL section is already recieving a massive upgrade, could somebody colour optimize the Fisherman logo with the metallic shade of silver so it matches the Lighthouse secondary? I believe it is the only Primary on the Islander's page to not recieve this treatment. I'm sure someone already has it done as I've seen it on a topic before so it's just a matter of uploading it.

Thanks in advance!

I did one a while ago (I think I'm the only one who does this here!)...as soon as my Photobucket account gets finished updating (I'm doing a complete overhaul of my graphics) I'll post it.

I'm looking at an Islanders fisherman jersey, but the colours in the logos seem off. Can you help me out?

Screenshot2011-06-29at120328AM.jpg

Screenshot2011-06-29at120308AM.jpg

Is it just the reflection of the flash, or is there a discrepancy there? It is a Starter jersey, and I remember hearing about problems with the colours on the logos of some Starters.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

While I hated the jersey and the colours, I always really liked that logo for some reason. Frankly, it's better than the classic logo they use now. A little recolouring and a few tweaks and it could really have been a winner.

Starter replica were always a bit off, that might explain the difference

Starter Replica's were atrocious. Aside from the cheaply made crests, the colours were always off. As it pertains to the jersey nash61 posted, not only is the shade of teal not accurate but the silver is metallic when it should be a mat shade.

Is anyone going to post Cwx' logo? It is infinitely superior to the one on the site.

Starter replica were always a bit off, that might explain the difference

Starter Replica's were atrocious. Aside from the cheaply made crests, the colours were always off. As it pertains to the jersey nash61 posted, not only is the shade of teal not accurate but the silver is metallic when it should be a mat shade.

Is anyone going to post Cwx' logo? It is infinitely superior to the one on the site.

The lighting in the photo seems to be a little on the warm side, which is likely having an affect on the color too.

I still think this Islander logo was a great logo. I know the Fishsticks thing, but a few tweeks would have made this an outstanding logo

totally agree and usually i like traditional designs but i have a soft fondness of the mid nineties designs, the alts etc. the problem fans had with it was it was a drastic departure from the dynasty era uniforms that fans rejected it. which is quite sad because i really loved the logo and was really sad it was shot down quickly as it was.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Should I still consider getting the jersey?

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Is this from Ebay? If so I would consider waiting for a CCM replica to show up. The quality is significantly better. Up to you though, the starter version doesn't look as bad as some of the other ones they've made.

While I hated the jersey and the colours, I always really liked that logo for some reason. Frankly, it's better than the classic logo they use now. A little recolouring and a few tweaks and it could really have been a winner.

I still think this Islander logo was a great logo. I know the Fishsticks thing, but a few tweeks would have made this an outstanding logo

totally agree and usually i like traditional designs but i have a soft fondness of the mid nineties designs, the alts etc. the problem fans had with it was it was a drastic departure from the dynasty era uniforms that fans rejected it. which is quite sad because i really loved the logo and was really sad it was shot down quickly as it was.

As a proud owner of both Authentic Fisherman jerseys I can honestly say that I like everything about the design. The colour palette was ingenious and all of it's logos were expertedly rendered, especially the Lighthouse. Also really like the watery number font. As you can see it's done in a beautiful glacier twill.

twill.png

Is this from Ebay? If so I would consider waiting for a CCM replica to show up. The quality is significantly better. Up to you though, the starter version doesn't look as bad as some of the other ones they've made.

Yes, but it's $60. (no, you're not getting a link :P )

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

• 4 weeks later...

Here's the primary - first with the metallic Silver:

NewYorkIslanders_PML1a_1996-1997_SCC_SRGB.png

Flat, non-metallic version:

NewYorkIslanders_PML1b_1996-1997_SCC_SRGB.png

Is there a reason why this logo can't replace the non-colour optimized one on the mothership? You guys are already doing a massive upgrade on the Islander's page. Jerseys look awesome btw :)

Archived