Are the primary AL and NL logos in use anywhere?

Hat Boy

I know the Cubs have the National League logo on their blue jersey, but you don't see it, or its American League conterpart, utilized very much these days. Both logos are pretty intricate, so I understand why they are not in widespread use on embroidered merchandise, but they are both so historic, it is a shame they are not used more often.

A quick scan of mlb.com only showed these alternates:

2040.gif and 2041.gif

I've seen them used on Cardinals broadcasts during interleague play where the two logos are both trying to grab a baseball, but that's about it.

"I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be." -Peter Gibbons

RIP Demitra #38

The Cubs wear the National League patch on the sleeve of their blue alternate jersey.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

I much prefer the primary AL and NL logos to those oversimplified alternates. I get why they're used less, but when space permits a logo large enough to show the details of the primaries, the primaries should be used. They look a million times better than those alternates.

1923 1927 1928 1932 1936 1937 1938 1939 1941 1943 1947 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1956 1958 1961 1962 1977 1978 1996 1998 1999 2000 2009

i love the fact that the cubs use the full national league shield as a secondary logo on the blue alts. i always thought it was because the cubs are the only charter national league team that has stayed in its original city. of the team decided to put it on there just to be different, that works too.

i wish the fully detailed league logos would make more appearances, but i guess with there being no more national league or american league presidents and both leagues essentially under one roof instead of being fairly independent of each other in the past, generic logos are what's in.

Archived