Got Two of my Jerseys Lettered

rmackman

IIIIIIIIII WWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNTTTTTTTTTT IIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*foams at the mouth*

Thanks, I guess that means you like it. Much appreciated, however somehow I picture you making this face while yelling your post:

4943214781_5a93ba9c07.jpg

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, I had another one done. Check out this beauty!

ConineJersey.jpg

BEAUTIFUL! How much was that bad boy? I have one i want done, depending on price.

Lettering can cost anywhere from $65-$100 depending on the style, color, whether or not it has a nameplate, extra patches, etc.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

So, I had another one done. Check out this beauty!

ConineJersey.jpg

BEAUTIFUL! How much was that bad boy? I have one i want done, depending on price.

Lettering can cost anywhere from $65-$100 depending on the style, color, whether or not it has a nameplate, extra patches, etc.

Just seeing this makes me remember 1993 when the Marlins played their first home game on a sea of teal. Man those unis were something, too bad they choose orange as their "primary" color for the new duds.

You are correct that it was made by Majestic. However, they didn't sell those as the batting practice jerseys in the store. Most of the BPs sold in the early 90s were still Russell regardless of what players were wearing for Spring Training. Trying to find a Majestic is trying to find an actually game worn jersey. That's a lot tougher. I'm sure it had something to do with the licensing agreement. Also, the patch I got was sold at the time in the store, but the authentic one, CARL is written in black since it was in tribute to Carl Barger's death. So, I knew it was only about 90% authentic. I had it done anyway. The patch is centered properly on the sleeve. The R is what's off to the side.

spacer.png

You are correct that it was made by Majestic. However, they didn't sell those as the batting practice jerseys in the store. Most of the BPs sold in the early 90s were still Russell regardless of what players were wearing for Spring Training. Trying to find a Majestic is trying to find an actually game worn jersey. That's a lot tougher. I'm sure it had something to do with the licensing agreement. Also, the patch I got was sold at the time in the store, but the authentic one, CARL is written in black since it was in tribute to Carl Barger's death. So, I knew it was only about 90% authentic. I had it done anyway. The patch is centered properly on the sleeve. The R is what's off to the side.

Got it - makes sense. I have that same patch, with the teal CARL (not on a jersey, though). Wasn't the teal CARL used on the home pinstripes? Or did they just always use the black-stitched CARL?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

IIIIIIIIII WWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNTTTTTTTTTT IIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*foams at the mouth*

This is why we hate you. ;)

+1 (Insert Post of the Day graphic)

teams.gif

Someone be a World Champ, please!

Fantasy Football Keeper League.....PM me if you want to join!!

Got it - makes sense. I have that same patch, with the teal CARL (not on a jersey, though). Wasn't the teal CARL used on the home pinstripes? Or did they just always use the black-stitched CARL?

Nope, it was always black. At the beginning of Spring Training, it didn't even have CARL because he hadn't died yet:

dcf84705-69f3-43c0-8a41-732d5d7de00c.jpg

0e8ba038-5e49-414a-842f-3b48289800cc.jpg

31b4e723-52b4-43fc-b70c-4062c38bc764.jpg

d2aef969-6051-43a8-989c-b9734cd4671e.jpg

594e57c5-d007-4d10-a9a3-b7e568016447.jpg

...interesting that Destrade's front numbers are gone.

db773abb-920c-4a3e-b778-f7ba305f896d.jpg

spacer.png

That looks great! Can't imagine you'll see to many others walking around with that one on!

Hey, in this town, you never know.

IMG_20120429_200338.jpg

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

That looks great! Can't imagine you'll see to many others walking around with that one on!

Hey, in this town, you never know.

IMG_20120429_200338.jpg

No nameplate?

462994811_e28d87ef9f_o.jpg

spacer.png

No. When I had it done by EPS (and I think I used that same photo for reference), I told them that if they somehow had teal mesh for the nameplate, that would be great, but I'd be fine if it got done sans-nameplate.

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Usually I'm joking around when I say I jizzed while looking at something that isn't a hot female. That isn't the case this time.

Yup those two up there are beauties.

Can you strip the Russell logo from the sleeve, if it isn't exact, why not remove it? A seam ripper would help.

Show us your other Marlins jerseys.

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

Who lettered these for you?

I had my jerseys done by a store called Grandstand on the South Side of Chicago right near U.S. Cellular Field.

spacer.png

EPS in Rockford is who I have used for all 400+ authentic jerseys I own. I think Grandstand is upcharging you on top of EPS' charges to them. I have that same exact Brewers jersey and Terry at EPS did it for me for $50. That was about 5 years ago so it might be slightly more but certainly not $94. The work is fantastic on your jerseys which leads me to believe it was EPS who performed the work as in my opinion, they are second to none. Along with myself, Jeff B and Sodboy also use EPS. Nothing against Grandstand, but you may want to look into using EPS directly instead of paying the extra upcharge.

EPS in Rockford is who I have used for all 400+ authentic jerseys I own. I think Grandstand is upcharging you on top of EPS' charges to them. I have that same exact Brewers jersey and Terry at EPS did it for me for $50. That was about 5 years ago so it might be slightly more but certainly not $94. The work is fantastic on your jerseys which leads me to believe it was EPS who performed the work as in my opinion, they are second to none. Along with myself, Jeff B and Sodboy also use EPS. Nothing against Grandstand, but you may want to look into using EPS directly instead of paying the extra upcharge.

Yeah. I don't know if it has been mentioned yet in this thread, but at least as of a few years ago, Grandstand sent all their jerseys to EPS to be customized. They didn't do anything in-store.

Oh, and the Marlins BP's brought a tear to my eye. Such great jerseys.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Along with myself, Jeff B and Sodboy also use EPS. Nothing against Grandstand, but you may want to look into using EPS directly instead of paying the extra upcharge.

Plus, the trip to Rockford is a great excuse to hop over the border and buy some New Glarus and Ale Asylum beers, plus sample the fine Bucky Badger line of products.

*looks at Predators and Seals jerseys in closet*

Soon, my pretties. Soon.

Does anyone know a place that WILL do football jerseys? I have a couple of mid-sixties Broncos throwbacks that I love, but the font is slightly off. Need a two-color MLB Block.

You may want to contact Triple Threat Sports. I've never had a jersey done there, but I have had them do some custom sweatshirts, and their work is first-rate. The samples hanging in the shop and the talks I've had with their employees give the impression that they really know their stuff.

Archived