Got Two of my Jerseys Lettered

rmackman

1993 Frank Thomas & Robin Yount. These were done at Grandstand (http://www.grandstandsox.com/) in Chicago just a block down from U.S. Cellular Field. Sorry the photos aren't that great. Took them with my cell phone:

JerseyLettering3.jpg

JerseyLettering2.jpg

JerseyLettering4.jpg

JerseyLettering1.jpg

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

nice! funny you posted this, i was just getting some of my mets jerseys ready to take to get lettered.

To the same store I just used?

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

nice! funny you posted this, i was just getting some of my mets jerseys ready to take to get lettered.

no. Stiches in NY. they are the official letterers of the ny mets.

New York Mets & New York Jets

Those look accurate. By the way, unless Grandstand changed in the past 8 years or so, they send their jerseys to EPS in Schaumburg to be customized.

I think they do the White Sox one in house because they do all the lettering for the team. I have no idea who EPS is. Do they have a site?

spacer.png

no. Stiches in NY. they are the official letterers of the ny mets.

The ny mets are my favorite squadron.

apu+nye+mets.jpg

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

How much was customization through Grandstand? I have a blank 90s Cubs jersey I need to be customized at some point.

It varies. It was $65 for the Sox jersey, but $94 for the Brewers jersey.

spacer.png

How much was customization through Grandstand? I have a blank 90s Cubs jersey I need to be customized at some point.

Even though the Sox jersey is 3-color and the Brewers only 2?

1zgyd8w.jpg

Even though the Sox jersey is 3-color and the Brewers only 2?

Because Grandstand does the lettering for the actual Sox jerseys, and they have the lettering for every season going back to 1975 already in stock. They had to actually order the Brewers stuff, then cut it.

spacer.png

• 9 months later...

So, I had another one done. Check out this beauty!

ConineJersey.jpg

spacer.png

Archived