piratesfan16's MLB Series

piratesfan16

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

remove the number from the jersey instead. i hate it when teams do that.

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

Good work. My one suggestion would be to invert the colours on the piping so it's gold with a navy outline to better represent wheat.

And a barrel jersey is a definite "no".

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

A decade ago, I was introduced to the concept world. The old hats remember my TATC unis. One of which was a Brewers barrel jersey. Seeing as that had been relatively well received back then, I see no reason you shouldn't give it a try. You won't be using any spraypaint fonts, at any rate.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Thank you once again for the comments McCall, BigBubba, Cody21, and Discriminhater. I'm taking everything into account for my next update. Speaking of updates, I think it's time to start updating some teams. First up, the Chicago White Sox.

Chicago White Sox

Let's start by saying that this concept is somewhat inspired by this concept by NDWas. Here's a link to his great concept:

Logos:

1) Slight update to primary logo. Basically, I took the logo from that one concept where it was just black&white and combined it with the latest update. That's what you see there.

2) I decided upon a modest update of the retro "batterman" logo from the 80's. The old logo had it where the bat was crossing over the helmet, making the mirror-image effect lessened. I made sure that the bat wasn't over the helmet so that the mirror-images effect was stronger. I also updated the script at the bottom of logo and adjusted the batterman's arm length among other things.

Scripts:

1) Phantom home script for the White Sox. I decided that the White Sox are one of the few teams in the league that can pull it off.

2) White road script. Again, it's unique for baseball and something that few teams can pull off.

3) Retro logo serves as the script for the black, all-purpose alternate.

Uniforms:

1) Checkerboard design slightly updated with a silver outline on the home/alternate in order to match the scripts.

2) White hat option. Once again, the White Sox are one of the few that can pull it off. It incorporates the batterman logo.

3) Silver hat option...For the 34th time, the White Sox are one of the few that can pull it off.

dpdbi8.png

e0l7bl.png

2hmlxl1.png

NOTE: In your comment, give the set a rating from 1-10 with 10 being the best. Divide it into four sections:

LOGOS

SCRIPTS

UNIFORMS

OVERALL

Just something fun I wanted to add. It will also be used to decide whether or to update the set again. C&C and thank you as always. :-)

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

Here are some thoughts on the White Sox:

For the grey jersey, I think a black script outlined with white works much better.

I like the grey hat for the White Sox, they can surely pull it off.

And if you're going to use a white hat, use it on a white jersey. I find that a white hat would work best on a white vest with sleeves the same color as the bill of the hat.

I like the primary logo and the new/old batter logo, but I'm not a fan of the "Sox" logo. The "script" aspect really doesn't look good because of the direction and angle of the letters.

For the jerseys, I'm fine with the white-on-white/white-on-grey scripts, but not for everything. A white NOB on grey would be indiscernible, so you're best off making it black. As for the white jersey, the same goes - make the NOB (and front number) black. I'm a big fan of the black alt BTW.

PS - Regarding the rating, how would you want it to be graded. When I grade things, I usually do a 6 as "good". Would you want it rated like that, or for 8 to be "good"? What would 10 be: Major League quality, perfect, as good as the team's look, or better than their current look?

Here are some thoughts on the White Sox:

For the grey jersey, I think a black script outlined with white works much better.

I like the grey hat for the White Sox, they can surely pull it off.

And if you're going to use a white hat, use it on a white jersey. I find that a white hat would work best on a white vest with sleeves the same color as the bill of the hat.

I think the idea of changing the numbers are a great idea. That will be in my first uniform update. However, as much as vests make sense for the White Sox, the checkerboard piping style looks awful on a vest.

I like the primary logo and the new/old batter logo, but I'm not a fan of the "Sox" logo. The "script" aspect really doesn't look good because of the direction and angle of the letters.

For the jerseys, I'm fine with the white-on-white/white-on-grey scripts, but not for everything. A white NOB on grey would be indiscernible, so you're best off making it black. As for the white jersey, the same goes - make the NOB (and front number) black. I'm a big fan of the black alt BTW.

PS - Regarding the rating, how would you want it to be graded. When I grade things, I usually do a 6 as "good". Would you want it rated like that, or for 8 to be "good"? What would 10 be: Major League quality, perfect, as good as the team's look, or better than their current look?

I'd like 1-10 as in major-league quality. This isn't really a "tweak" thread, this is more of a "imagination" thread where anything goes, including concepts that slip outside the norm. So forgetting about reality and just focusing on the concept itself would be a great grading system. Thanks.

LOGOS: 2.7/4

SCRIPTS: 2.7/4

UNIFORMS: 3.9/4

HATS: 4/4

OVERALL: 3.75/4

Great comment. This leads to a quick update:

Everything is updated here.

30iypmb.png

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

• 1 month later...

Well, I'm back for the umpteenth time. I've been busy with school, work, and baseball, but who cares about that. I've decided to change up the MLB Series a little bit again.

-From now on, alternates will only be white and gray uniforms. I think that when a baseball team begins a game, they should be wearing the standard white and gray uniforms. The BP jerseys are where the team can show a little color.

-There will be 4 logos(primary, secondary, tertiary, and quaternary), 2 primary uniforms, 2 alternates, and 2 BP jerseys(home and road) per team.

Without furter ado, here are the Baltimore Orioles.

BALTIMORE ORIOLES:

In an attempt at adding more color to baseball, I want the Orioles to be a primarily orange team (as well as having them separate themselves from the SF Giants).

The primary logo is the Orioles script with a bird perching upon a dotted 'i'. The secondary logo is the Baltimore script with a bird perching upon a dotted 'i'. The tertiary logo is a winged oriole swooping in. This logo serves as the team's patch logo. The quarternary logo is the updated Oriole head. This serves as the team's cap logo.

The scripts are all self-explanitory.

The uniforms are where it needs a little explaining. The primary home and road uniforms feature black accents. The alternate home and road uniforms feature an orange cap, orange socks, orange undershirts, and black-orange-black piping at the edges of the sleeves, giving the uniforms a little more color. The home BP jersey features a revival of the white front panel. I feel that it looks the best with an orange jersey that has a white script script and white pants. The white front paneled cap with a predominantly white home jersey is just too much white for a baseball jersey. The road BP jersey features a phantom script. I feel that the orange jersey can look great with gray road pants (if the Athletics can wear their yellow alternate on the road, why can't this work?) Besides, I want more color!

344zgp5.png

2cnbdpg.png

6qwbqf.png

PLEASE READ!!! Again, I would love to have you guys rate the logos, scripts, and uniforms each from 1-10 (1 being bad and 10 being perfect).

Here's a little guideline.

1-Absolutely horrific

2-Horrific

3-Awful

4-Bad

5-Fair

6-Needs improvement

7-Good

8-Very Good

9-Great

10-Perfect

Your input is welcome along side your comment. Just a little something fun. Your feedback will be help me consider if I need to update the logos, scripts, and/or uniforms.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

I'd give this set a solid 8.5/10.

As far as the logos go, my only critique would be to make the "O" on the bird's cap black instead of white. For the scripts, I'd put the oriole's eye higher. As of now, it makes it look like the bird it tilted sideways towards the viewer. If you just put it higher without changing anything else, it would look like the bird it sitting straight up. As for its legs, they seem a bit long. Shorten them up and the logos will be perfect.

Baltimore update for BigBubba:

315zrxl.png

BOSTON RED SOX:

I feel that this one is hit or miss. In other words, either you guys are going to like it or you're going to hate it. The colors are shamrock and a rich red. It may look as if the primary color is green, but I feel that it's pretty much 50/50 as far as color distribution throughout the whole set.

For the logos, I used my old "crossing socks" logo in a recolored version of their famous crest. It is used as a patch on the left shoulder for all jerseys. The secondary logo contains the Boston Celtics "clover" logo with Red Sox arching over it. The clover is used as a front patch (similar to the Blue Jays) on three of their jerseys. The tertiary logo is an updated version of their original logo. The quarternary logo the Celtics "clover" logo with the famous "B" cap logo over it. The "B" logo itself serves as the cap logo for all jerseys. The "clover/B" logo serves as the chest logo for the road BP jersey.

The uniforms are going to be controversial. I understand that for a team called the "Red Sox", the primary color should be red. However, after exhausting all possibilities, the feel that I have nailed this look. The primary home uniform has a green Red Sox script outlined in red along with a fresh shamrock in the place of the front numbers. The piping is green with two rich red piping along side it. The primary road uniform is pretty much a gray version of the same thing except the "Boston" script is outlined in white in order to have the script pop more. The home alternate is pretty much a throwback on how they used to look. This jersey also features a red crowned cap with a blue "B" logo and brim. The alternate road jersey is the same as the primary road uniform except with the red-crowned cap mentioned above. The home BP jersey is primarily red with white/green/white piping. The cap logo serves as the front chest logo. The road BP jersey has the clover/B logo on the chest with red/white/red piping. Originally, the chest logos were switched up in regards to the BP jerseys ("B" logo on the road BP and "Clover/B" logo on the home BP) but I decided that the clover logo on the green jersey best matched the piping of red/white/red. Basically, I traded an overall better look for more consistency.

b4gv82.png

2lsi4wg.png

2070vwj.png

I have to say, this concept makes me feel as if I was in a greenhouse on rainy day in Boston. Either that or I'm rooting for team Ireland. :D

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

Tradition and realism aside (this is a concept, after all), the Red Sox look really good. I love the all the logos with the exception of the quaternary logo - the "B" is too high up on the clover. Also, on the secondary logo, I think the folds/veins on the clover would look better if they were white, not red.

For the jerseys, my only complaint is on the green BP one - I don't like how the logo interferes with the placket piping or how it's green-on-green. Again, history and tradition aside, I'd give this set an 8.5/10

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the comments both of you.

BOSTON RED SOX UPDATE:

On the right side, I changed the uniforms a tad.

261f57m.png

I really don't see anything wrong with the clover/B logo (lower placement of the "B" looks bad) and white creases on the clovers stand out way too much. Still, thanks for the C&C.

CHICAGO WHITE SOX

The colors for the White Sox are the standard black, white, and silver.

The primary logo is a recreation of their 60s-70's logo with an updated color scheme. It serves as the patch logo on all six uniforms. Their secondary logo is an update of their 1980's logo with new colors and a new "SOX" script. It serves as the chest logo for their road BP jersey. Their tertiary logo is an update of their current logo with more of an emphasis on "interconnectedness". I also made two scripts based on the olde English script. The logo serves as the cap logo on all six caps, as well as the chest logo on the home BP jersey. The "White Sox" script that spawned out of this logo serves as the script for their primary home jersey. The "Chicago" script that spawned out of this logo serves as the script for their primary road jersey. The quarternary logo showcases a mixture of elements found in the uniform set (checkerboard piping, pinstripes). It does not appear anywhere in the White Sox uniform set.

35m40pf.png

The scripts are self explanitory

4kh0th.png

The primary home uniform is pinstriped with a new olde English "White Sox" script based on the cap logo. The primary road uniform is also pinstriped with a new olde English "Chicago" script based on the cap logo. The home alternate is my "White-out" jersey for them. It has a white-crowned cap, a white cap logo, a white script, a white uniform, and white socks. It is the only uniform in the set that showcases white socks (black socks look miles better for the other 5 jerseys). This jersey also has checkerboard piping as does the road alternate. The road alternate is basically a silver version of the white-out jersey. The home BP is a vested version of the pinstriped home jersey, except with a "Sox" script. The road BP features a modern update of the 80's logo as the chest script, and checkboard piping.

73jbrt.png

As above, please include a rating with your comment (preferably for each individual concept element. In other words, have a separate rating for logos, scripts, and uniforms. THen include one final rating for the overall concept). It should look like this:

Logos: 8.0

Scripts: 9.0

Uniforms: 8.5

Overall: 8.5

Something like that. Doesn't really matter too much though. I'm not picky haha. C&C please. Thank you. :-)

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

Wow. I'd just like to say well done on that Brewers. That logo with the barrel Wisconsin with the M blew my mind! By far the best Brewers concept on the boards. Red Sox is great too but the Orioles looks like it's waaaay too much. I don't like how you have two completely different birds,

sport-scarf_reds_zpsbb317600.png

Red Sox are perfect.

White Sox are great. Six is a lot of jerseys, but you made them all look great. The only thing I'm not feeling is the checkerboard/pinstripe logo. They seem to be clashing too much. But I'm not really a fan of checkerboard white sox concepts anyway. 8/10

spacer.png

Archived