piratesfan16's MLB Series

piratesfan16

So wait: you created concepts for every team, redid them based on C&C, then made final concepts as with this one? Because that's what I inferred, though on Page 1 it says "completed" for all the AL teams, which would contradict by getting rid of the second go round of C&C. I'm confused.wacko.gif

Don't mind that front page. I'm redoing that. Even if it says, "COMPLETED", it's really not. This is how it went:

1) Submit first concept, get C&C

2) Submit first update, get more C&C

3) Submit final concept

I tried your C&C(putting gold piping on the road), but it just didn't look right to me, so I didn't include it. Sorry about the confusion.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim

Everything you see here is final. Therefore, I can finally say that I have completed an MLB concept.

Some last minute changes to the uniforms.

10i5aaf.png

Here's what it would look like on shop.mlb.com

hrau6a.png

Next up, the Seattle Mariners.

This, this is absolutely beautiful. Gorgeous, GORGEOUS work here, piratesfan. Very nice.

bannernigga3-1.jpeg

Click the Banner - Join the Movement!

Bannertop.jpeg

Perhaps another route to consider if you make a second MLB series would be to do one concept at a time (i.e. Do all its edits and go rounds based on C&C until it's perfect and then do your next concept) Just an idea.

Oh, and great job on the Halos.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Perhaps another route to consider if you make a second MLB series would be to do one concept at a time (i.e. Do all its edits and go rounds based on C&C until it's perfect and then do your next concept) Just an idea.

Oh, and great job on the Halos.

That's what I should have done from the beginning. I guess I'm a little impatient in that I want to keep going and going through concept after concept. Oh well, live and learn. Thanks.

Seattle Mariners

Some changes since last time. First of all, I went with a blue-teal instead of the darker, northwest green. I wanted to give them a brighter look. Some logo changes as well. You can see them below. Keep in mind, I'm not trying to monopoly any logo ideas that anyone has out there. If you want to make a concept that has a lighthouse in it, go right ahead. I don't care. This is a place to share ideas. Anyways, here are all of the logos(new spoked-wheel logo no included).

168u82h.png

Here's the uniforms.

4tval1.png

Here's what it would look like on shop.mlb.com

16bdi7t.png

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

Love the new template that you're using, looks great! I think this A's set has a lot of positives. The home and road are perfect, but I think that the alternates could be improved. I'm not a fan of using a vest for the yellow alternate (not that there's anything wrong with it, I just thought the full jersey yellow alts from this year were the best). On the green alternate, either make the script yellow with white outlines or just plain yellow with no outline. Either one would work. Overall, nice work.

By the way, why is it that now you've started to give teams two home alternates as opposed to a home alt and a road alt. The Angels set is best with two home alternates but I think that the M's could have a navy blue road alt and the A's could have a green road alt.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

I'm not calling you out for stealing or anything as it's a fairly easy concept, but that A's logo is solid. Raysox did a similar one once as well. In other words, it needs to happen for real. That said, the A's set looks great. My only complaint would be the primary logo. The field is a fine idea, but that seems too plain for a professional primary logo. I don't have any great ideas for improvement other than maybe putting the Athletics script over the field or something. Anyway, keep up the good work!

I'm not calling you out for stealing or anything as it's a fairly easy concept, but that A's logo is solid. Raysox did a similar one once as well. In other words, it needs to happen for real. That said, the A's set looks great. My only complaint would be the primary logo. The field is a fine idea, but that seems too plain for a professional primary logo. I don't have any great ideas for improvement other than maybe putting the Athletics script over the field or something. Anyway, keep up the good work!

Wow, when I clicked on that link, my day was made. Haha, that's awesome. Thanks for the encouragement as well Bmac. It means a lot coming from you.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

This is the perfect place to drop Easter eggs. Perhaps you could model his face after a Texas great (Ivan Rodriguez? Nolan Ryan?). Make a Toy Story Reference? Base his clothes off of classic Rangers jerseys?

This is the perfect place to drop Easter eggs. Perhaps you could model his face after a Texas great (Ivan Rodriguez? Nolan Ryan?). Make a Toy Story Reference? Base his clothes off of classic Rangers jerseys?

Nolan Ryan was my original idea. Part of me really wants to go with a "silhouette" look.

Take a look:

mlblogo.gif

Silhouette modeled after Harmon Killebrew.

nba_logo.png

Silhouette modeled after Jerry Lewis.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

The problem with doing a silhouetted look is that it would clash with a very detailed horse if you know what I mean. If you want to do the silhouette, you should greatly simplify the horse (i.e. Make it almost a silhouette its self).

2hy16o.png

Quick update before bed.

The problem with doing a silhouetted look is that it would clash with a very detailed horse if you know what I mean. If you want to do the silhouette, you should greatly simplify the horse (i.e. Make it almost a silhouette its self).

Oh yeah!

idea.jpg

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

Archived